Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    adrien Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 19, 2008, 03:27 AM
    European accord 94 2.l ils , belgium calling
    Hi , my name is adrien kintziger, I live in belgium, I"m 49 yrs old ,and i work in honda europe belgium (ghent), in the parts warehouse (300.000) diff partnbrs, in diff quantities

i have a honda accord 94 2.0l ils

with starting trouble....sometimes only
    and the problem is intermittant,...when i bring the car to the dealer, it starts perfect....
    i had the fuelpump renewed, the pgm-f1 main relay is new,the spark plug wires are tested
    and are returning between 12.000 and 10.000 ohms, when i poor water on the ignitionhousing and cables the engine runs perfectly on idle.....i renewed the battery.
    the cel is coming on sometimes during drivingsituations, but disappears after a new start..
    and with the diagnosiscable under the dash shorted-,there is no code from the cel, ...strange.
    the dealer inserted also a new lambda-probe in the exhaust( i think its known a a oxygen sensor in the states)

the dealer calls it a dentistproblem , you feel pain in your teeth , until you make an appointment with the dentist , and the pain is away the moment the appointment is there..
    and so , ..after all this money rip-off,
    he has no idea he says what the problem with my car is.
    the car also runs on lpg,-liquefied petroleum gas , switchable with normal fuel.
    this installation runs on an own ecm, when the car is on lpg, and this ecm is throwing simulated lamda-values and simulated signal as "working" to the injectors , and car -ecm.
    Having it to believe all is as usual.I took this lpg computer to a diagnosiscenter, and it tested OK on all possible programs, mappings and lambda-oxygen-exhaust working..
    In fact the only thing they can think off , needing replacement , was the oxygen-exhaust relating actuator on the primary lpg pressure reducer, so this is also renewed now.

The car passes emission-testing on both lpg and fuel, perfectly.

The car starts always on normal fuel, this is done so because there is a risk for a backfire,
    And the starting problem is therefore always on fuel, and very intermittant.

Using the things I can see here, on this forum , I think I can test this ecm-5 volt issue
    Probably this afternoon.
    But then , I have no idea really, so can anyone give me some good guidance, anew car is not a financial option right now.

Thanks in advantage, adrien
    Credendovidis Posts: 1,593, Reputation: 66
    -

Jun 19, 2008, 03:40 AM
    So you are working at Honda Europe Belgium (Ghent), and you have problems with your own Honda Accord 94 2.0l ils .

And now you want our advice , as neither your Honda dealer nor your own Honda colleagues seem able to help you...

In that case next time I buy a vehicle I better do not purchase a Honda !

:rolleyes:

PS : success with the repair !

:D :D :D :D
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Jun 19, 2008, 08:06 AM
    I have no experience with cars running on LPG. I not sure what effect it is having and if it's part of your problem or not. With that being said, here's what I would do:

. Reset the ECM, by removing the negative battery cable, or removing the 7.5 amp BACKUP fuse in the under-hood fuse box, for 10 seconds.

. Perform K-Test on the ECM:

Remove the MAP Sensor connector and turn the ignition switch to ON (Position II). Using a multimeter, check for 5 volts going between the MAP Sensor connector's reference wire (+) and ground. As you look at the connector, this is the socket on the right. Really press the black test lead into a cleaned main ECM ground on the thermostat housing. If the voltage is low, it's probably indicating ECM failure. Most failed ECMs will record a fraction of a volt. To me, the K-Test is simple, elegant, and accurate.

. Test/replace the Ignition Control Module and coil:

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/cars-t...tml#post265896

Because of the age of your Accord, I would replace these problematic components. While you have the distributor open, I would also replace the rotor and distributor cap.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Calling on all Honda Accord owners from 2003 on! [ 45 Answers ]

I know that many of you have had a problem with the radio. This is something that will be covered by the coporate office of Honda through Customer/Client Relations Dept. However, I am writing to find out how many people have a problem with the panel portion of the car, and in particular all...

Marie, I hear you calling, Marie the night is falling,Marie will you keep calling me [ 2 Answers ]

"Marie, I hear you calling, Marie the night is falling, Marie will you keep calling me" Every time the word"calling" is sung, it's held and rises. Any hints re anything? Title, artist, lyrics? Probably early 1950s.

How big will my greatdane/belgium shepard cross get? [ 2 Answers ]

How big will my greatdane/belgium shepard cross get?

Original Etching - Van Zeeland - The Dyle River at Malines, Belgium [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, We have an etching by Van Zeeland that measures 23 x 19. The image is in good shape but our customer wishes to change the mat and then asked us to film overlaminate the piece! The reverse side of the picture carries the SZL inscription and it is numbered #153. We are hesitant to...

View more questions Search