Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Morteza Posts: 18, Reputation: 3

Jun 19, 2008, 02:01 AM
    I need a proof for existence of GOD
    I've lots of Ideas about God and his existence, but still I'm confused about some factors for proving his existence and got some questions which sounds logical, for this I've decided to know about your ideas, please if you believe in God or not, give me your reasons about it!
    avenger9000 Posts: 99, Reputation: 2

Jun 19, 2008, 02:10 AM
    Which things are you confused about?
    firmbeliever Posts: 2,919, Reputation: 463
    Ultra Member

Jun 19, 2008, 02:37 AM
    Morteza,
    Why not state your ideas and I can explain how I see it as a believer in the existence of an Almighty.

Jun 19, 2008, 03:39 AM
    I have difficulty in proving myself that humanity has got the ability to decide! There's some points which sounds to me logical and acceptable that WE don't have the ability of choosing! Everything that we do, is not in our hands! I think we are completely controlled by a person! The worse thing is I'm not good at english to explain more about my thoughts! 2 month later I'll get to 18, I have contemplated on human's life since I was 13! Up to now, I have become like a stupid guy! I don't have any motivation! I got bad marks at high school because of nihilism! I had and I still have some nihilistic ideas about life! I think I'm going to loose my life! I had lots of ideas about my future. On those days I was always thinking of astronomy, learning math, and philosophy! After a while I thought I had some discoveries in math and philosophy, for instance 2 years ago I understood that mathematic can not explain realities! At that time I didn't know that I was thinking on Fuzzy Logic...

I don't really know what to do...
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Jun 19, 2008, 03:40 AM
    One cannot prove the existence of something unseen - it's a matter of faith to believe in a god.
    Ultra Member

Jun 19, 2008, 05:10 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Morteza
    I have difficulty in proving myself that humanity has got the ability to decide! there's some points which sounds to me logical and acceptable that WE dont have the ability of choosing!
    I dont really know what to do....
    About your nihilistic ideas on life,are they destructive thoughts?I mean thinking of not existing because you believe there is no choice?

It is sometimes good to think deeply about life and why we do exist.
    As you said you have nihilistic ideas about life,I am assuming you do not believe in any religion?

One certain thing about everyone who is alive at this moment of time is that they will die.. someday.We do not know when or how.
    Now from this moment till we breathe our last,what are we going to do?That is the question.
    Are we going to live life in our room day in and day out without earning a living?If we are not earning a living there has to be some way that there is an income either by renting property or family business or someone who will look after us.Now if someone else is working so you could exist,there has to be some way you are repaying that person by kind or deed.
    Or if you are going to earn a living then there is a need to learn some sort of skill whether manual or if working on a machine then how the machinery works.And to learn skills we again need financial help to enroll in classes.
    See the practical needs of living?One thing leads to another and if you are living a life without totally depending on another person like a parasite then you are doing yourself and the whole community a favour.

Making choices, when we wake up each day,we have the choice of not getting up,or getting up and not brushing our teeth or having breakfast.The things we do not have the power to control are the weakness in our body that it needs food and water to sustain itself,that our teeth weakens when it is unclean.

And if we choose to go to work or school,what we cannot control is the weather,the bus/train being on time,accidents along the way that may delay us.

We chose to get to a certain destination but what we face along the way to that destination or after we reach that destination we do not have a choice in,
    But we do have the choice of how we face each incident.Whether we just give up or think of alternatives, maybe take a taxi today,or an umbrella or call in sick so as not to lose our job.

Our choices have consequences,most choices we make if it concerns breaking the laws of the country/city/state we are in,we will be punished because it is the law.The law states that certain acts are punishable and once you cross a line you have no control of where you end up.
    Some may escape legal punishment in this life(I will come to that point later as per what I believe if you need to know).Some live their whole lives breaking the law and escaping punishment while others who are innocent may get caught up in places when they have not been exactly breaking the law.

Each of the things we do in this life has consequences,but this does not mean that the person next to me or above me in hierarchy(sp) is actually controlling me,it just means that each commumity has to have laws that govern all of the people so that there maybe order in the community,that each person has his or her rightful place in the community.For example if the bus/train/taxi drivers were to go on strike one day,the whole community crumbles as everyone is dependent on getting to places in time using the transport system.

If the teachers were to go on strike,the whole education system will go haywire as there are syllabuses required to be finished in any given year in order for the students to be able to sit for their exams.

Each person has his or her place in the community which is necessary for the whole function of society.
    If the garbage picker is on strike imagine the diseases that would attack the community because of filthy neighbourhoods.
    Or if a neighbour who has given a cat to be taken care is not taken care of or fed on time,the cat may die or suffer and this suffering in turn will affect the owner of the cat.The relationship between the owner of the cat and the person who was supposed to take care of it will suffer too.
    These are just a few examples of why a person has certain responsibilities as part of the larger community,of the family,of the household,of taking care of ones own body etc.

Now comes the question of life after death.If you think that nothing exists beyond death then there is no need to work for a life after.This does not necessarily mean that there isn't a life after death.

Now if you think there just might be a life after death,you wonder what should you do for that life.Now this would lead you to research religions,and discerning what is right and wrong and what will help you in a life after death.

I have my own beliefs which I believe to be the truth,and obviously I will recommend knowing it,but it is your search and any questions you have in your quest if I can help,I will be glad to help whether it is regarding my beliefs or becoming a better person or finding your niche in the society or as a citizen of the world.

Good Luck to you and never stop searching.:)

Jun 19, 2008, 07:37 AM
    firmbeliever thanks an ocean for your kind, nice, clear speaches, that was so pleasant to me!
    Now I should tel you much more about myself, firmbeliever, my parents are Muslims and they say their daily prayers and they believe in God. I'm also familiar with my parent's religion, I've read Qur'an for many times and I have found Qur'an's sayings so strong! Qur'an has got lots of things to say for having a good life in this world! I myself believe that Qur'an has got great meanings which are all for having a good and healthy life However I'm not a Muslim, but still I believe that Qur'an is the greatest guidance for humanity, it has lots of things about our life's ups and downs, it talks about our responsibilies in the society, it explains about family and its rules! It also gives you a lot of information about life! It has some unbeleiveable things which leads to astonishment, for example one of the most obvious and clear astonishing things for us is, it has talked about fingerprint 1400 years ago while humanbeing has recently discovered his fingerprint! And it always invites people to learn more about science. It has written there that learning is compulsory for all Muslims, they must learn new things about Sciences. If you take a look at Islum's history, you will find my all sayings true about Qur'an! Qur'an believes that humanbeing has got wisdom to choose his own way in his life, and he is only responsible for his deeds, Qur'an says we should choose our way with our own understanding and we are force to use our wisdom for choosing the right or wrong! In Islum, no one can force other people to do a work by force, there's a strong emphasis on human's wisdom in Islum! And if anyone wants to judge about Islum by its believers in an negative manner, we should doubt about his or her wosdom and understanding!
    Up to now, I think I have talked enough about my background on having a religion. I'm not a fanatic or a stupid guy who denies everything just because he thinks he is absolutely right!
    I'm 17 and I have never ever drank any alcoholic drinks just because I believe its scientifically harmful for my body! Not just because my parents don't drink, I just don't do that because I know it hurts my brain and my power of thinking! (thats the only reason), I have lots of frineds whom they drink and I hang out with them without any attention on the thing which they do! I had no sex till now! I always invite my friends to the right thing, I always have debates on every aspects of life with people!
    And about our choice ability, I should ask you one question! What is the reason that you sudenly choose to do a work or for example you are always sad and depressed but all of a sudden you try to be happy. Can you tel me why or how you choosed to be happy? What gave you that energy? Where does that energy came from?
    Uber Member

Jun 19, 2008, 07:41 AM
    Maybe this thread should be moved from Philosophy to Islam.
    Ultra Member

Jun 19, 2008, 08:37 AM
    firmbeliever thanks an ocean for your kind, nice, clear speaches, that was so pleasent to me!
    now I should tel you much more about myself, firmbeliever, my parents are Muslims and they say their daily prayers and they believe in God. I'm also familiar with my parent's religion, I've read Qur'an for many times and I have found Qur'an's sayings so strong!

I'm 17 and I have never ever drank any alchoholic drinks just because I believe its scientifically harmful for my body! not just because my parents dont drink, I just dont do that because I know it hurts my brain and my power of thinking! (thats the only reason), I have lots of frineds whom they drink and I hang out with them without any attention on the thing which they do! I had no sex till now! I always invite my friends to the right thing, I always have debates on every aspects of life with people!

.....about our choice ability, I should ask you one question! what is the reason that you sudenly choose to do a work or for example you are always sad and depressed but all of a sudden you try to be happy. can you tel me why or how you choosed to be happy? what gave you that energy? where does that energy came from?
    Morteza,
    Thank you for the compliments.:)

And it is wonderful to hear that you have read the Quran and understand it well.It is also great that you keep yourself healthy and fit and not follow the crowd but keep to your own values.

For one thing I am more of a realist and always know within me that it is in my hands whether I want to change my mood or not.

All of us face difficulties in different degress but to each individual it seems very hard to get over some obstacles.For me my moods are sometimes sad but what makes me come out of it is the knowledge that it will not always be this way or the moment that made me sad will pass.
    The other thing that gets me out of it is that I have a family,a child who needs me to help her be the best she can and if I am to help her I have to be strong and face trials the best I can.

The energy to be happy is within me, sometimes I tend to forget that strength and sadness overwhelms but soon as I realise that life itself is not as bad as it is for someone else.
    For example,here on the Desk I find so many people going through such hardships and makes me realise that I don't have it so bad.

Don't get me wrong,but it isn't that I am always out of my sad/bad moods in an instant,but it is easier knowing that this life is not forever and the knowledge that each of us has tests and trials of different kinds.

Quote Originally Posted by NeedKarma
    Maybe this thread should be moved from Philosophy to Islam.
    That is a good suggestion,if Morteza wishes to move to the Islam board I have no problems with it.:)
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Jun 19, 2008, 09:53 AM
    You can. We did in Philosophy class:

Proof
    The grass is green
    If the grass is green then God exists

God exists. Q.E.D.

Jun 19, 2008, 11:18 AM
    Suppose all of the human being is dead on earth by his nuclear power or something like an atomic bomb! What will happen then? Nature will continue to its existence or God will end up this world?

(I want you to think on this question and then write down your idea, notice that this is not a simple question!)
    Uber Member

Jun 19, 2008, 11:24 AM
    If humans kill themselves with atomic bombs then they are indeed all dead. If some areas of earth remain unscorched them life may begin slowly there. Why do you think a god would end the world for man's stupidity?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 19, 2008, 12:19 PM
    If you read Rev you will find that in the end the entire world will end up being destroyed. So yes in the end God does end the world.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jun 20, 2008, 03:15 PM
    The Bible says the earth will never pass away.
    When it says the world will be destroyed it means more like life as we know it --all the pain, suffering and sorrow
    The earth will be made new (sort of like the Jehovah Witnesses say but not quite the way they say)
    I believe God exists because it is as real to me as knowing my best friend from years ago lives 30 miles away even though I rarely see her.
    Also it makes more sense that somebody put a universe together that has structured DNA and all that could not have come together without thought. That would be like taking a can of paint and dumping it and there is a magnificent safari painting. Creation takes a creator

The Bible says God took the unseen to make the things we do see. DNA, atoms, molecules made everything. People say that man wrote the Bible but how would man then know about the unseen things that comprise the seen?

Also everything is made of energy and energy can not die it goes on in some form or another. Ice, to liquid, to vapor,.

This is an interesting site that you might like
    Science and the Bible

While all this is interesting God said blessed are they that believe by faith.

Hebrews 11
    Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see. 2This is what the ancients were commended for.

3By faith we understand that the universe was formed at God's command, so that what is seen was not made of what was visible. 4By faith Abel offered God a better sacrifice than Cain did. By faith he was commended as a righteous man, when God spoke well of his offerings. And by faith he still speaks, even though he is dead.

5By faith Enoch was taken from this life, so that he did not experience death; he could not be found, because God had taken him away. For before he was taken, he was commended as one who pleased God. 6And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him.

7By faith Noah, when warned about things not yet seen, in holy fear built an ark to save his family. By his faith he condemned the world and became heir of the righteousness that comes by faith.

8By faith Abraham, when called to go to a place he would later receive as his inheritance, obeyed and went, even though he did not know where he was going. 9By faith he made his home in the promised land like a stranger in a foreign country; he lived in tents, as did Isaac and Jacob, who were heirs with him of the same promise. 10For he was looking forward to the city with foundations, whose architect and builder is God.

11By faith Abraham, even though he was past age—and Sarah herself was barren—was enabled to become a father because he[a]considered him faithful who had made the promise. 12And so from this one man, and he as good as dead, came descendants as numerous as the stars in the sky and as countless as the sand on the seashore.

13All these people were still living by faith when they died. They did not receive the things promised; they only saw them and welcomed them from a distance. And they admitted that they were aliens and strangers on earth. 14People who say such things show that they are looking for a country of their own. 15If they had been thinking of the country they had left, they would have had opportunity to return. 16Instead, they were longing for a better country—a heavenly one. Therefore God is not ashamed to be called their God, for he has prepared a city for them.

17By faith Abraham, when God tested him, offered Isaac as a sacrifice. He who had received the promises was about to sacrifice his one and only son, 18even though God had said to him, "It is through Isaac that your offspring[b] will be reckoned."[c] 19Abraham reasoned that God could raise the dead, and figuratively speaking, he did receive Isaac back from death.

20By faith Isaac blessed Jacob and Esau in regard to their future.

21By faith Jacob, when he was dying, blessed each of Joseph's sons, and worshiped as he leaned on the top of his staff.

22By faith Joseph, when his end was near, spoke about the exodus of the Israelites from Egypt and gave instructions about his bones.

23By faith Moses' parents hid him for three months after he was born, because they saw he was no ordinary child, and they were not afraid of the king's edict.

24By faith Moses, when he had grown up, refused to be known as the son of Pharaoh's daughter. 25He chose to be mistreated along with the people of God rather than to enjoy the pleasures of sin for a short time. 26He regarded disgrace for the sake of Christ as of greater value than the treasures of Egypt, because he was looking ahead to his reward. 27By faith he left Egypt, not fearing the king's anger; he persevered because he saw him who is invisible. 28By faith he kept the Passover and the sprinkling of blood, so that the destroyer of the firstborn would not touch the firstborn of Israel.

29By faith the people passed through the Red Sea[d] as on dry land; but when the Egyptians tried to do so, they were drowned.

30By faith the walls of Jericho fell, after the people had marched around them for seven days.

31By faith the prostitute Rahab, because she welcomed the spies, was not killed with those who were disobedient.[e]

32And what more shall I say? I do not have time to tell about Gideon, Barak, Samson, Jephthah, David, Samuel and the prophets, 33who through faith conquered kingdoms, administered justice, and gained what was promised; who shut the mouths of lions, 34quenched the fury of the flames, and escaped the edge of the sword; whose weakness was turned to strength; and who became powerful in battle and routed foreign armies. 35Women received back their dead, raised to life again. Others were tortured and refused to be released, so that they might gain a better resurrection. 36Some faced jeers and flogging, while still others were chained and put in prison. 37They were stoned[f]; they were sawed in two; they were put to death by the sword. They went about in sheepskins and goatskins, destitute, persecuted and mistreated— 38the world was not worthy of them. They wandered in deserts and mountains, and in caves and holes in the ground.

39These were all commended for their faith, yet none of them received what had been promised. 40God had planned something better for us so that only together with us would they be made perfect.
    WVHiflyer Posts: 384, Reputation: 34

Jun 21, 2008, 11:19 AM
    I've lots of Ideas about God and his existance, but still I'm confused about some factors for proving his existance and got some questions which sounds logical, for this I've decided to know about your ideas, please if you believe in God or not, give me your reasons about it!
    Your search for the proof of God can only come from yourself. By definition, there can be no objective evidence. But subjective evidence is all around for those who believe. They see the hand of God in every molecule of the universe. From your posts, you apparently believe in God. That is enough 'evidence' for some. I read in your posts some confusion, though, on either what god to believe in, or how your faith can manifest itself. This is something only you can decide. I urge you to study the beliefs of others, including the ideas of those who do not believe, so that you can make an informed choice. I will not try to talk you out of any particular belief system, but I urge you to study carefully.

The Qur'an and the Bible (some of the Old and most of the New Testament) are similar in the ideas on how one should behave or treat others. The main difference as I see it is in the history and procedures for showing belief (and, of course, the divinity of Jesus). It is for you to decide which specifics are right for you.

Full disclosure: I do not believe in any god. If you would like me to explain how this came to be, just ask.
    Ultra Member

Jun 21, 2008, 11:39 AM
    supose all of the human being is dead on earth by his nuclear power or some thing like an atomic bomb! what will happen then? nature will continue to its existence or God will end up this world?

(I want you to think on this question and then write down your idea, notice that this is not a simple question!)
    I do believe that the earth will end.
    Whether it will cease to exist after man tries to destroy it by themselves or if it will reach the end of its appointed time of existence before man completely destroys it, this I do not know.
    Or maybe man will cease to exist before the end of the world.

I believe that as the earth was created so will it end,that is by the will of the Almighty.
    Cattie999 Posts: 25, Reputation: 1

Jun 29, 2008, 05:10 PM
    I've lots of Ideas about God and his existance, but still I'm confused about some factors for proving his existance and got some questions which sounds logical, for this I've decided to know about your ideas, please if you believe in God or not, give me your reasons about it!
    I am not religious, but I have studied Philosophy for 2 years now and I do know a strong argument for his existence, called the Ontalogical Argument. It works on the accepetance of four statements.
    1) God by definition is the most powerful and best thing in the world. (this cannot be disputed because we all know the word God and what its true definition is)
    2) Reality is better than Imaginary things or thoughts. e.g. the thought of an amazing meal is not as good as actually having it.
    3)God exists in our thoughts and imagination. (this cannot be disputed because we are talking about him now)
    4) Therefore, if God is the best thing in the world and reality is better than imagination, to be the best thing in the world God must be real. Or he is not the God that his definition claims he is.

It's quite a complicated theory, but one that cannot well argued against.
    I do not believe in God, but I think it is a very good argument and respect the person that thought it up.

Jun 30, 2008, 03:48 AM
    Cattie thanks a lot for your descriptions and I liked your philosophical ideas about this matter. But still there's some realities which is not deniable which makes this more ambiguous. For example in Qur'an (Islum's holy book) has got some real things which is not really really deniable! If we consider the progress of the science in history, we can't say that qur'an is written by the human being! I mean there are some factors that don't allow ou to think that God is imaginary! So here we can't find him imaginary! And cattie what do you thing of this?

Jun 30, 2008, 04:01 PM
    I'm afraid I don't understand what you mean.
    How can we say that the Qur'an is not written by a human being?
    Im sorry but as I am from the UK I have very little knowledge of the exact scriptures from the Qur'an.

From what I understand, every scripture in the world is written by humans, which is why we often get such an overlap in religious beliefs, due to the traveling of humans around the world and the stories re-told and re-told.
    X

Jun 30, 2008, 04:05 PM
    Oh, I think I understand your point.
    Yes, that is what I was saying according to this argument God must be real
    Because if we can imagine him.
    And we think that reality is better than imagination.
    For God to be the best thing in the world (and real is better than imaginary)
    God must be real.
    X

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Trying to proof my resume [ 3 Answers ]

I have this line and I'm unsure if the capitalization is correct. (I doubt it is, but I can't find my reference book at the moment) .... closely with Physicians, Practice Manager, Nurse Practitioners, Nurse Managers, nursing and billing staff members to..... Should Physicians, etc. actually...

Who's got the proof? [ 1 Answers ]

The administrator of my grandfather's estate (he died intestate), now has Alzheimer's disease. I learned that the property that my father (deceased) inherited was apportioned, and several persons unknown (certainly not my father's heirs) are listed on the deed, which is a quit claim deed. Do I have...

Proof of e=mc^2 [ 1 Answers ]

give me the wriiten or mathematical froof of the formula e=mc^2

Proof [ 3 Answers ]

Can someone help me to prove that: if q1 q2 is rational, then q1 and q2 is rational.

View more questions Search