Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cozyk Posts: 802, Reputation: 125

Sep 2, 2008, 05:31 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by WVHiflyer
    Your search for the proof of God can only come from yourself. By definition, there can be no objective evidence. But subjective evidence is all around for those who believe. They see the hand of God in every molecule of the universe. From your posts, you apparently believe in God. That is enough 'evidence' for some. I read in your posts some confusion, tho, on either what god to believe in, or how your faith can manifest itself. This is something only you can decide. I urge you to study the beliefs of others, including the ideas of those who do not believe, so that you can make an informed choice. I will not try to talk you out of any particular belief system, but I urge you to study carefully.

The Qur'an and the Bible (some of the Old and most of the New Testament) are similar in the ideas on how one should behave or treat others. The main difference as I see it is in the history and procedures for showing belief (and, of course, the divinity of Jesus). It is for you to decide which specifics are right for you.

Full disclosure: I do not believe in any god. If you would like me to explain how this came to be, just ask.

This was an excellent response to the original question. I believe that I have a "god" out there or mostly "in there" in my heart, gut, soul, and or conscience. I was raised as a die hard christian and I have questioned aspects of that all my life. I certainly do NOT believe that Christianity is THE only acceptable religion as Christians do. Therefore, I've turned in my christian card. :) My children do not even believe in god. I would be so interested to hear how you came to not believing in any god.
    Maggie 3 Posts: 262, Reputation: 41

Dec 31, 2008, 03:48 PM
    The supreme revelation of God is Jesus Christ Himself. Jesus
    Was God in the flesh that came to earth. He came in fulfillment of two thousand
    Years of Jewish history, and His coming was precisely as fortold by the prophets. He came among us and showed us what God is like, so we could know Him better.
    As He told His disciple Philip, "He who has seen Me has seen the Father".John 14:9

Maggie 3
    greatodie Posts: 63, Reputation: 4

Feb 18, 2009, 04:18 AM

My friend you can never query some questions that are unanswerable from the times immemorial!
    Many lost there simple living and wandered for long in search of these unanswerable question believe me your very existence is much to be cherished rather than looking for gods and spirits , ask yourself who you are and seek this question continuously what ever you are doing every time...

Remember you won't be long enough and won't have another opportunity to do better things forget what gospels , books and guru's say ,
    Take hints from them but follow your own liked path!
    tonyrey Posts: 102, Reputation: 10

Apr 11, 2009, 01:15 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by cozyk View Post
    I certainly do NOT believe that Christianity is THE only acceptable religion as Christians do. Therefore, I've turned in my christian card. :)
    Not all Christians believe Christianity is the only acceptable religion. It sounds as if your version wasn't worth having :)
    cozyk Posts: 802, Reputation: 125

Apr 11, 2009, 04:58 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by 0rphan View Post
    cozyk....you really missed the point totally

science and biology has absolutly nothing to do with it.........try Faith
    Try addressing my questions
    Peaceful1 Posts: 22, Reputation: 1

Apr 12, 2009, 03:11 AM
    Note: "Proving" God exists is really not our purpose. We are only interested in providing clear statements based on facts and logic and then allow the individual decide for themselves who they would like to believe. There have always been people who believed in the existence of God and there have always been those who have denied in His existence. We must realize there are those who will never believe no matter how much proof or evidence we produce. The reason is some people don't want to believe in a Creator or Sustainer. They would not like to consider one day they will have to answer for their actions and for their refusal to acknowledge their Benefactor to whom they owe their very existence. We come to know it is not so much a matter of us trying to convey our beliefs as it is for them to set aside preconceived prejudices against proper belief. Meaning: this is really a matter of guidance from Above. If they refuse even with evident proofs in front of them, this is not between us and them; it is between them and their Creator. Again, it is not our job to "prove" anything to anyone. We only need to present the facts in truth and allow the listener to make up their own mind.

We just begin with simple logic. When something is right in front of our eyes it is difficult to deny it, right? Asking rhetorical questions can be very helpful in presenting our case. Begin by asking the question; "Can you prove you exist?" Yes, of course you can. You merely use your senses to determine what you can see, hear, feel, smell, taste and you have emotions as well. All of this is a part of your existence. But this is not how we perceive God in Islam. We can look to the things He has created and the way He cares for things and sustains us, to know there is no doubt of His existence.

One approach is to suggest simple yet convincing experiments anyone could comprehend. For instance, say to someone, "Consider this the next time you are looking up at the moon or the stars on a clear night; could you drop a drinking glass on the sidewalk and expect it would hit the ground and on impact it would not shatter, but it would divide up into little small drinking glasses, with iced tea in them? Of course not."

Another example is have them consider what might happen if a tornado came through a junkyard and tore through the old cars; would it leave behind a nice new Mercedes with the engine running and no parts left around? Naturally not.

Or ask someone to consider what it would be like if someone told us about a fast food restaurant operating itself without any people there? The food just cooks itself, files from the kitchen to the table and then when we are done, the dishes jump back the kitchen to wash themselves. This is too crazy for anyone to even think about.

After reflecting on all of the above, how could we look to the universe above us through a telescope or observe the cells in a microscope and then think all of this came about as a result of a "big bang" or some "accident"?

MORE?
    visit
    God Allah - Does It Mean God?
    Allah's Quran - Quran - A Guidance Without Doubt

Apr 12, 2009, 04:17 PM

Individuals, forces and events are either positive or negative, creative or destructive, good or evil. Creation originates in the Creator. Destruction results from conflict between finite objects and persons...
    greatodie Posts: 63, Reputation: 4

Apr 12, 2009, 07:55 PM
    Dear friend,

I believed you are somewhat impatient in your search for certain big questions?

I honestly tell you even I cannot prove to you the existence of an almighty...

Also honestly even I don't have an idea as to whether there is such thing as a GOD!

But believe me when I speak to you I speak from my experiences :

"with which ever perspective you look out for this question you wont find a logical answer to this question"

Faith does moves big mountains, also rational thinker are also true !

The fact is its you who has to make or destroy your life !

So act such that you build your life beautifully not craving for knowing some questions that are not possible to be solved !

And if there is a god he or she will let you know these questions when the destiny has it to give to you in your life :)

Apr 21, 2009, 01:21 AM

I think the best starting point in your quest is to ask yourself what you regard as more important than anything else...

Apr 25, 2009, 03:18 AM

How about love? :)
    Maggie 3 Posts: 262, Reputation: 41

Apr 25, 2009, 05:30 PM
    I believe you should know a few things about God, so you can recognize Him, who and
    What He is. First He is the Bible the Word of God. Some may not have a good understanding of God because it takes time to read and study it. God is spirit, love and all
    Goodness. Here are four qualities (attributes) of God. No other person or creature
    Can claim these attributes.

GOD IS ETERNAL
    "Then Abraham planted a tamarisk tree in Beersheba, and there called on the name of the Lord, the Everlasting God." Gen 21:33

GOD IS OMNIPOTENT---ALMIGHTY, ALL---POWERFUL
    When Abram was ninety-nine years old, the Lord appeared to Abram and said to Him, "I am Almighty God; walk before Me and be blameless." Gen 17:1
    "But Jesus looked at them {His disiples} and said to them, "With men this is impossible,
    But with God all things are possible". Math. 19:26

God IS OMNISCIENT--ALL-KNOWING
    "God is greater than our heart, and knows all things." 1 John 3:20
    "And there is no creaturs hidden from His sight, but all things are naked and open to the eyes of Him to whom we must give account." Heb 4:13

GOD IS OMNIPRESENT--PEASENT EVERWHERE,UNLIMITED BY SPACE
    "Where can I go from Your Spirit? Or where can I flee from Your presence? If I flee
    From Your presence? If I ascend into heaven, You are there; if I make my bed in
    Hell, behold, you are there." Ps139:7-8
    " In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God...
    And the Word became flish and dwet among us, and we beheld His glory, and glory as
    Of the only begoten of the Father, full of grace and truth. John 1:1, 14

These attributes give you a good look at what you are looking for! It is hard to find
    Something you have no idea what it is like.

There are two powers on earth good and evil. God is love and all good. Satan is all evil
    And bad.

When you find the one with these attributes you find God.

Shalom,

MAGGIE 3

Maggie 3
    NoLogicJustLove Posts: 23, Reputation: 2

Jun 6, 2009, 07:22 PM

Well my thoughts on this topic may be a little off key from the rest but here is my respond:

The world feels so concrete and electronicaly lit up, doesn't it? Sometimes we all feel that we deserve or should have been given proof that there is a God. In this day and age, our generations greatest test is wheather or not we will believe in there being a deeper truth beyond the walls of our mediocre world. The Bible says that this world was meant for living in , but not living for. This is why we stumble in our faith in the superior spirit that does not show himself in times of desperation and disbelief. In all truth, the tangible world we live in is more ugly and without a God , completely purposless. All hope would be a lie with a God. Scary, I know. So because of this fear, we become so unmovable. We don't want to take a step forward in our spiritual selves because we fear it could lead to a path of emptiness. We become afraid of living as our fellow society members because we fear hell and the pit of unmistakable regret.
    Remember this, God is love. Everything God is in the Bible , as he himself declares he is, loving and only has the best of intensions for mankind. An excellent example of God's good intensions would be hold onto virginity until marriage. Let's image a world where we all had sex with one person our entire lives. (Far fetched to us now, yes but it had a good purpose.) That world would be full of happier united families, few divorces, few diseases, etc. God's "rules" were only meant for embracement.

Anyhow, It's just a matter of believing in his love; Believing in his presence. It isn't logical. But logic stands very small next to an everylasting truth.

God bless.
    -Seven- Posts: 61, Reputation: 6

Jul 26, 2009, 05:19 AM

I'm starting to believe God lies in consciousness. That men are minimally conscious. According to quantum mechanics (I think?) all things ranging from thought to matter are made of energy vibrating at a specific frequency that is the signature for the nature and content of the object/subject. That all creation begins with thought and grows with conscious recognition. Consciousness is the living and life giving? It's highly likely that people such as Jesus and Buddha became what they were through overcoming "self", conceptions of reality learned in adolescence through peers and the environment.. or maybe even developed through conformation with the energy frequency of those around them.

God doesn't have to be some dude "up there" in some bad place called heaven to be known as God. God can be a conscious thing, a consciousness that creates life that exists through acting and changing in order for consciousness to experience itself. Experience occurs through action. Thought is action. Without thought, action, or change, how would pure consciousness experience itself... maybe physical life is the matrix of god. The higher the consciousness the higher the knowing... depth perception.. etc.
    -Seven- Posts: 61, Reputation: 6

Jul 26, 2009, 05:20 AM

Read the Kybalion.
    Morteza Posts: 18, Reputation: 3

Jul 26, 2009, 05:55 AM
    I liked your answer... really much! Thanks dude...
    sparkysparkster Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 26, 2009, 11:54 AM

You need look no further than DNA which is ceded information, information always comes from intelligence, and is never random as the evolutionist claim. Example: you don't see a heart and arrow in the sand that reads " I love Lucy" and assume it got there by accident, it's information. All living things where created by an itellegent being, it is your job to figure out who he is. I suggest strongly that you begin with prayer, and read the Christian bible through at least one.
    nothing lasts Posts: 71, Reputation: 2

Aug 4, 2009, 09:39 AM

Many arguments which attempt to prove or disprove the existence of God have been proposed by philosophers, theologians, and other thinkers for many centuries. In philosophical terminology, such arguments concern schools of thought on the epistemology of the ontology of God.

There are many philosophical issues concerning the existence of God. Some definitions of God are sometimes nonspecific, while other definitions can be self-contradictory. Arguments for the existence of God typically include metaphysical, empirical, inductive, and subjective types, while others revolve around holes in evolutionary theory and order and complexity in the world. Arguments against the existence of God typically include empirical, deductive, and inductive types. Conclusions reached include: "God does not exist" (strong atheism); "God almost certainly does not exist"[16] (de facto atheism); "no one knows whether God exists" (agnosticism); "God exists, but this cannot be proven or disproven" (theism); and "God exists and this can be proven" (theism). There are numerous variations on these positions.

A recent argument for the existence of God is intelligent design,[17] which asserts that "certain features of the universe and of living things are best explained by an intelligent cause, not an undirected process such as natural selection."[18] It is a modern form of the traditional argument from design, modified to avoid specifying the nature or identity of the designer. Its primary proponents, all of whom are associated with the Discovery Institute,[19] believe the designer to be the Abrahamic God.[20]

Aug 4, 2009, 09:41 AM

Arguments for the existence of God come in many different forms; some draw on history, some on science, some on personal experience, and some on philosophy.

Aug 4, 2009, 09:42 AM
    God exists and that's for sure

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Trying to proof my resume [ 3 Answers ]

I have this line and I'm unsure if the capitalization is correct. (I doubt it is, but I can't find my reference book at the moment) .... closely with Physicians, Practice Manager, Nurse Practitioners, Nurse Managers, nursing and billing staff members to..... Should Physicians, etc. actually...

Who's got the proof? [ 1 Answers ]

The administrator of my grandfather's estate (he died intestate), now has Alzheimer's disease. I learned that the property that my father (deceased) inherited was apportioned, and several persons unknown (certainly not my father's heirs) are listed on the deed, which is a quit claim deed. Do I have...

Proof of e=mc^2 [ 1 Answers ]

give me the wriiten or mathematical froof of the formula e=mc^2

Proof [ 3 Answers ]

Can someone help me to prove that: if q1 q2 is rational, then q1 and q2 is rational.

View more questions Search