Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kitten55 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 18, 2008, 06:53 PM
    Being compliant with hippa
    Is it illegal to place a hidden flag on a client's chart to protect the associates that are working with infectious and contagious diseased patients?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jun 18, 2008, 07:01 PM
    That is something you would have to check with your administrator about, each facility has a different policy regarding this.
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Jun 19, 2008, 04:54 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by kitten55
    Is it illegal to place a hidden flag on a client's chart to protect the associates that are working with infectious and contagious diseased patients?

Usually not, since it sounds like it is something that will help them do their job appropriately. Which taking precautions against known infection risk would be considered appropriate care. Patients are flagged or noted in a variety of ways to let care workers know about any potential risk. It protects not only the care providers, but the patient as well since their immune system is already compromised and you would not want to risk introducing any further issues. As J_9 said, check with the policies of your institution and how things are usually handled.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hippa law [ 2 Answers ]

I have a friend who worked in a hospital, she was an admitting secretary, when she frist got the job her husbands ex called her to speak about their daughter and talk about the upcoming weekends plans for the daughter, while on the phone the ex asked my friend to look and see when the daughter was...

Violation of Hippa Law [ 3 Answers ]

I use to go to a Dr. and I left because I wanted a second opion and he was mad. I have also found out that he is talking to one of my coworkers about me. I know that is wrong and I want to know what I should do. He as violated the Hippa law. Thanks for any response.

Hippa education [ 1 Answers ]

Where is protected health information in a organization or nursing home is it everywhere or in a medical record? I also have another question what 2 rights a patient has that affects the privacy of patient information?

Hippa law [ 1 Answers ]

My employer decided to change our personal medical insurance as most do periodically. I received a six page application with many questions concerning my personal medical history, including diagnoses; Doctor’s name dates hospitals and the list goes on. This application provided was by the...

View more questions Search