Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    BIGBADJOHN Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 15, 2006, 10:14 AM
    My Maytag Refrigerator
    I Have An 8 Month Old Side By Side, The Door To The Freezer Was Left Open All Day On Accident, Barely Cracked Open,when I Got Home It Was Wet Inside.it Was Making A Clicking Sound Every 15 Minutes And Not Cooling. I Threw All Food Away. Turned Refrig Off. Waited 24hours And Turned It Back On And Now It Cools And Freezes But The Clicking Comes Every Hour Or So But It Is Works, should I Be Worried Or What Is Up??
    applguy Posts: 324, Reputation: 23

Mar 15, 2006, 07:00 PM
    Yes, you need to call for a warranty service call. The relay on the compressor is not a very good one. Get it replaced before your year warranty is over. The failure was probably accelerated by the door being left ajar, but it likely would have happened anyway. I replace them almost on a daily basis, on both Maytag and Whirlpool branded refrigerators. To be safe, just don't say anything about the door issue. By shutting it off and letting it defrost, you solved the airflow issue correctly. When you make the appointment, just tell them about the compressor clicking on and off randomly, and they should figure it out. Good luck.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Maytag Refrigerator Cooling Problem [ 12 Answers ]

Need Help on cooling issue. My maytag MSD2756AEW side by side is not cooling the refrigerator side. When I close the freezer side the cold air stops coming into the refrigerator side. There is no blockage in the crossover vent at the top. Anyone have advice on this? Thanks

Removal of the freezer panel (Maytag refrigerator) [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Maytag refrigerator MTB1504ARW. Could anyone be so kind to explain me how I can remove the sheet metal panel inside of the freezer section to check the coils for ice buildup? I have tried this but the panel doesn't come off easily so I am worried not to brake something. Cheers!

Maytag Refrigerator MTB1956DEW cooling problems [ 4 Answers ]

Top mounted freezer unit. Refrigerator compartment does not cool enough even though I set temp. control to maximum cool (value 9). Freeezer is working fine, and compressor and fans run properly. Per Maytag I cleaned back bottom compressor, fan and condenser with vacuum cleaner and brush. Still the...

Maytag refrigerator light [ 1 Answers ]

We just bought a french door refrigerator and now the light does not work in either the freezer or refrigerator compartment. There is nothing in the troubleshooting section of the manual except to check the SAb. We did that, it is not the problem. Everything else works fine. Any ideas?

Maytag Refrigerator Lights Have Gone Out [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Maytag Plus Refrigerator, Model MTF2456AE and lights have gone out in freezer and refrigerator. I have replaced all the bulbs and still no luck. Can I fix myself? Is there a fuse that might have gone out? Do I need to call a repairman? :confused:

View more questions Search