Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    besnikdreshaj Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 18, 2008, 03:21 PM
    IT Services Monthly Report
    I started working with a company as an IT Expert(giving online support for the web platform on Share Point) , and they are asking me to write the monthly report.
    Have no idea how to start that, never done before. :confused:

Does anyone have an example or an idea what and how do I do that?:D
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Jun 18, 2008, 03:33 PM
    I assume this is for management.
    In which case a bunch of pretty excel graphs go a long way.
    The attention span of your average manager is quite low, so if the information is to detailed they will lose interest quickly.

Information on system utilisation and server space make for a good graph.
    Other than that some bullet point notes help them to understand the underlying issues.
    donf Posts: 5,679, Reputation: 582
    Printers & Electronics Expert

Jun 18, 2008, 03:39 PM
    Start at the process at the end.

Poll the requestors or requestor of the report and find out exactly what is the information they need to see in the final report.

Once you have that, start by creating a logic flow chart that will define how you get the information to generate the final report.

Then sketch out what you need to do to obtain the final data points for the draft.

I don't envy you because I've been in your spot. Usually I was left in a alone until I developed drafts of the report and started circulating them for approvals and sign offs. You will most likley find out that everyone involved has a different idea of what they want to see.

Clearly document what steps you are taking and you should be OK.

Good luck.
    besnikdreshaj Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 19, 2008, 03:20 AM
    Thank you so much guys for your answer.
    As per your suggestion I started like:

Introducion:
    Activities:
    Evaluation: and
    Future steps:

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Monthly cost [ 2 Answers ]

Suppose that your monthly cost for a telephone service is $24.95 plus $.0035 per minute of long distance. Let t represent the time (in minute) that you talk on the phone long distance and M(t) represent the cost in $ as a function of long distance minutes. a. Write a formula, use the function...

Early monthly [ 2 Answers ]

My period is 19 days early could I be pregnancy

Early monthly [ 2 Answers ]

My period is 19 days early not sure why Im usually onetime with my monthly. I do not think I could pregnant

Monthly period [ 6 Answers ]

I have irregular income monthly period. Sometimes my monthly period would come like in January and then come in march. And my period would come sometimes later then my time of schedule. What should I do to control my time of period.

View more questions Search