Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Ankawa Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Jun 18, 2008, 01:35 AM
    Boot Screen
    Hello there
    I was looking for a way to change Boot Screen on Windows XP SP2,
    I've seen some programs do the job but I want to know how to do that manually ?
    Scleros Posts: 2,165, Reputation: 262
    Hardware Expert

Jun 18, 2008, 02:23 AM
    More information is needed. What are you referring to as the boot screen - the Windows XP startup logo with progress bar, or the logon desktop/welcome screen, etc. What do you want to change/modify?
    Ankawa Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Jun 18, 2008, 02:38 AM
    Windows XP startup logo with progress bar <- that's what I mean,
    If there is a way for changing welcome screen when you logon I want to learn that too

I am sorry for my bad English,
    Scleros Posts: 2,165, Reputation: 262
    Hardware Expert

Jun 18, 2008, 04:27 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Ankawa
    I am sorry for my bad English
    Hadn't noticed...

Customizing startup/boot logo Option A:
    1. Create a 640x480, 16 color, bitmap image to your liking, name it BOOT.BMP, and place in your Windows installation folder.
    2. Add the switches "/bootlogo /noguiboot" to your operating systems entry in the BOOT.INI file.

Customizing startup/boot logo Option B:
    Hack the ntoskrnl.exe file with a resource editor and place your desired images in the file. This option is beyond the scope of this forum. Numerous walkthroughs for this method abound on the Internet and YouTube. Google to find them.

Customizing logon desktop/welcome screen:
    The registry entries controlling colors, wallpaper, screensaver, etc. are under HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\CONTROL PANEL and HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon. Microsoft offers a TWEAKUI Powertoy utility to simplify setting these entries. There are numerous walkthroughs on the Internet for adjusting these settings as well. Again, Google is your friend.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Playing a .avi file at the boot screen [ 3 Answers ]

I was wondering if this was posible and if it is how would you do it. Thanks a lot :D

Win and linux ubuntu boot screen! [ 5 Answers ]

Hi all. I just installed ubuntu 7.10 on my PC! When I was using windows xp pro I had 3 partitions on my system. I installed ubuntu on one of them and now I can see only one! I have no boot selection screen to choose either windows or linux! :( How can I boot to windows again? I'm worried cause I...

Change Boot Screen [ 2 Answers ]

When we start windows;it naturally boots with its default boot screen. I waana change the screen manually. Please help me in step by step operations Thanks.:o

Blue screen/wont boot to windows xp [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I have a PC problem that I have been trying to fix for 2 weeks. I have the dreaded blue screen, it says registry error. I can not get it to boot to windows xp. It just keeps starting all over. Counting down, and starting all over. Safe mode won't work either. I did that 3 hour check and it...

Changing my Boot Screen [ 17 Answers ]

Hey, I just bought a computer with windows xp home edition installed on it. And I went on to the net the other day and checked out some new boot screens, and themes etc on www.themexp.org... when I downloaded the one I liked the download went fine and it was put into a temp file... but when I read...

View more questions Search