Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    inthebox Posts: 787, Reputation: 179

Jun 17, 2008, 08:54 PM
    Obama's economic disaster?
    Obama Plans Spending Boost, Possible Cut in Business Tax - WSJ.com

FLINT, Mich. -- Sen. Barack Obama shed new light on his economic plans for the country, saying he would rely on a heavy dose of government spending to spur growth,

How is more government spending any "CHANGE" from the past 8 years :confused:

"Globalization and technology and automation all weaken the position of workers," he said, and a strong government hand is needed to assure that wealth is distributed more equitably.

Ahhh, redistribution of wealth.

How does Obama expect to go BACK TO THE PAST? Stop globalization? Ignore technology?
    Forget automation?

Does he want farmers going back to mule drawn plows? :p

Clinton deficit hawks, especially then-White House economic adviser Robert Rubin, successfully argued that slashing the deficit would have a bigger impact on growth than boosting spending because markets would react favorably to a shrinking deficit

The heart of Sen. Obama's spending program is his plan to SPEND $15 billion a year for 10 years on energy technology. It would be funded by REVENUE COLLECTED [ nice euphemism for higher taxes :cool: ] from a separate Obama proposal to CAP greenhouse emissions through a system of TRADING pollution permits

See cap and TAX.

I do agree :) with eliminating taxes for peolple over 65 earning less than $50,000.
    George_1950 Posts: 3,099, Reputation: 236
    Ultra Member

Jun 17, 2008, 09:00 PM
    I don't agree with eliminating taxes for anyone based upon their status which is a situation that is arising in my area; i.e. additional tax breaks for tax payers over age 65. They receive the same services from the county that younger tax payers receive.
    As for Obama, he is just a super Republican, and will pay off all his special interest groups, just like the GOP. What is the Obama position on reparations for slavery?
    BABRAM Posts: 561, Reputation: 145

Jun 17, 2008, 09:30 PM
    I always thought taxing our seniors reflected poorly on American society. I'd also rather tax those that can afford to pay taxes, more so than the average Joe struggling in this economy. Come to think of it, I find it difficult to grill Obama when we're in the amidst Dubya's economic disaster. The Democrats are known for spending and unlike their Republicans counterparts they usually don't go out of their way to hide or deny it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What do you think of McCain's pastor comments vs. Obama's? [ 6 Answers ]

Comments made by both pastors are critical to any campaign. But what do you see in each of these pastor's comments? In contrast with each pastor's viewpoint, how do the American people (you) feel about what they are saying? ABC News: McCain Pastor: Islam Is a 'Conspiracy of Spiritual Evil'

Obama's worldwide war on poverty [ 70 Answers ]

Have you heard anything about Obama sponsored legislation that would take .7% of our gnp and use it to fight world poverty? The account I read says it could come to vote in the Senate very soon. I guess he is not satisfied with the 300 billion or so that we now send abroad. We can't afford him in...

Shall we compare Obama's healthcare pursuits? [ 3 Answers ]

Shall we go back and compare Obama's healthcare pursuits? The Illinois State Lege and U.S. Senate? It's worth taking a good look at! VIRTUAL CITIZENS - Barack Obama: Hypocrisy on Health Care

Obama's Lack of Understanding of Jesus Christ's Important Role [ 62 Answers ]

Obama apparently does not know the Holy Bible well at all. If he did, he would immediately be able to cite the passages that say "And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house." -- ACTS OF THE APOSTLES 16:31 (King James Version) and JOHN 14:6 (King James...

Obama's slum lord arrested today [ 7 Answers ]

The Associated Press: Indicted Obama Fundraiser Rezko Arrested Here is a pix of Obama's slumlord with friends : http://patriotpost.us/news/images/the_clintons_with_tony_rezko.jpg Sorry ;couldn't find any pix of Rezko and Norman Hsu . Just got to wonder how many Justice Dept. hacks...

View more questions Search