Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    WeirdIndividual Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 17, 2008, 08:42 PM
    Girlfriend is Bi
    My Girlfriend is openly Bi. I don't mind that she is, but I'm also not turned on by it. I know most guys have the fantasy of his gf/wife with another women but I don't. So it brings 2 questions. Should I let her be with women also? Or mabey try to be comfortable with it and have a threesome or something? And her old boyfriend liked her going out having sex with a girl and then telling him about it. Is it bad that I do not want that at all and feel she should be with me and only me even though she has an appetite for women also? I don't want to feel like I'm suppressing her and such.
    ylaira Posts: 1,193, Reputation: 118
    Ultra Member

Jun 17, 2008, 09:25 PM
    U knew at the very start that she's a Bi. U should accept the consequences that comes with. In Christian belief, monogamy is a must however if both of you are not believers like me, its fine too. She will take women in bed if she wants to no matter if you allow her or not anyway.Since you don't want to sound suppressing her on her sexual acitivities, then let just things happen when it happens. Just cross the bridge when you will both get there. Then write here again.
    Hmmmm Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 17, 2008, 09:59 PM
    I think he's looking for just peoples thoughts on the situation and if he should try to adapt to it or not. Also seems like he's seeing if he's alone in the feeling of not having those fantasies
    KalFour Posts: 332, Reputation: 46

Jun 17, 2008, 10:22 PM
    Ok... she's bi. Shouldn't be a problem. She's attracted to women, which is fine.

That should NOT mean that you have to let her sleep with women also. I mean, if you're fine with an open relationship, that's up to you. But just because she's attracted to women doesn't mean she has to act on it.

That would be like a man allowing his girlfriend to sleep with other men. Just because she has a sexual appetite doesn't mean she's exempt from exclusivity (assuming that the relationship is exclusive).

So, it's really up to you. But being bi doesn't legalise cheating.

But if she's willing, and you're comfortable with the idea of threesomes or something... why not? If it turns out to be less than exciting, at least you can make all your guy friends wildly jealous. :P

Kal
    liz28 Posts: 4,662, Reputation: 1034
    Ultra Member

Jun 18, 2008, 12:25 PM
    You don't really seem to be comfortable sharing her with anyone, either if it's a female. If can't accept it then leave, since you stated it does not turn in, then what's their to prove by having a threesome.

You sign up for this by accepting this but you tried and it not what you want. You have a tough choice to make, either stay or leave. The call is yours, I doubt you can change her mind about being bi.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 18, 2008, 12:30 PM
    Also bi does not mean group sex, the girls she is with may have no interest at all having a man around for their sex with your girlfriend.

Acceping her bi means accepting that she is going out on dates with girls that you are not part of.
    hjpan Posts: 902, Reputation: 29

Jun 19, 2008, 02:43 PM
    If she's bi, that's her sexual orientation.

as for you.... you should like a douche.
    Why the HELL DO YOU WANT A THREESOME?
    Sounds like you're immature and just wanting to get some.
    taytortot Posts: 38, Reputation: 2

Jun 20, 2008, 05:21 PM
    She's is a bi that's OK nothing wrong with that
    But don't let her sleep with any woman or date any
    Boristheblade Posts: 141, Reputation: 17

Jun 22, 2008, 08:02 AM
    I agree with Kalfour.The fact that she's bisexual doesn't mean that her doing sexual things with other women without your explicit consent is not cheating, and if you don't want to give consent for these actions then you are also certainly not wrong. Would you let a heterosexual girlfriend have sex with other men because she's attracted to them?
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jun 22, 2008, 09:13 AM
    It is never bad to not want to go along with what others prefer sexually. You have your preferences and they have theirs. You can't force yourself to enjoy doing something you are not comfortable with. If you want a monogamous relationship and
    If you don't feel comfortable with her sexuality maybe she isn't right for you.
    To me personally, I do not see it much different than saying

My Girlfriend is openly wanting to be with other guys. I don't mind that she does, but I'm also not turned on by it. I know most guys have the fantasy of his gf/wife with another man but I don't. So it brings 2 questions. Should I let her be with other men also? Or mabey try to be comfortable with it and have a threesome or something? And her old boyfriend liked her going out having sex with a others and then telling him about it. Is it bad that I do not want that at all and feel she should be with me and only me even though she has an appetite for others also? I don't want to feel like I'm suppressing her and such.
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jun 22, 2008, 10:29 AM
    Bi, doesn't mean she is going to cheat, nor does it mean she can't be loyal. That's between the two of you to define. That how partners deal with it. If you have no desire for a 3-some, then don't do it. If that's what she wants that's her choice, and if you want the relationship to end because of her desires, that's your choice. If you can't handle it, don't do it!!
    confused1145 Posts: 176, Reputation: 17

Jun 22, 2008, 10:37 AM
    Just because she is bi doesn't mean she should be out sleeping with other people. If your not happy with the idea of her sleeping with other people (even women) than you need to inform her of this. Don't do something you feel uncomfortable doing like having a threesome.
    shawty_is_a_ten Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jun 22, 2008, 12:54 PM
    I think that you should try out the three some and see what you think, but never let her have sex with women when your not around to join in on the fun. If you don't feel comfortable after trying out the threesome I think that you should confront her and tell her how you think that she should not be with other girls when she's with you, and if she don't understand then you should move on , and remember communication is best.
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Jun 22, 2008, 01:09 PM
    I'm bisexual, and being bisexual does NOT mean that you need to have more than one partner at a time.

I'm faithful to my husband. Sure, I'm attracted to women, but that doesn't mean I feel like I have to run out and have sex with them any more than a guy who is married feels like he has to run out and have sex with every women HE is attracted to.

You tell your girlfriend that you expect her to be faithful to you, that she's not going to be cheating on you with a man OR a woman. If she doesn't like that, then she's in the wrong relationship. There is absolutely nothing wrong with expecting fidelity from your partner, regardless their sexual orientation.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What is my girlfriend/ex girlfriend thinking? Will she realize what she's lost? [ 44 Answers ]

All right, before I start let me just say that I have been dating this girl for 3 years, ever since we graduated from high school. Background info: We met in high school, I really never knew her up until my senior year. We're both the same age and she sat beside me in class because she taught I...

MY Ex Girlfriend is Pregnant, But I'm In love With mY new Girlfriend. [ 14 Answers ]

Hello, to whom it may concern my name is sam. I am 21 years old and I just don't get it. I had been with my ex for 2 odd some reasons, and then I broke up with her. I found out that she found someone right away. I felt happy inside for her at that time. Finally I found the love of my live who loves...

Ex Girlfriend or Pregnant Girlfriend [ 10 Answers ]

I had been seeing my partner for 8 years and have had a fantastic relationship. We had a really good lifestyle and I genuinely feel like she was my soulmate and true love. Trouble is I didn't know it. I hit 40 and had what I now see as a mid life crisis. I split with my girlfriend in November,...

I cannot get a girlfriend [ 6 Answers ]

I am having problems when it comes to dating. I am a little bit shy so I don't know what to do.I can't ask any girl out because I am to afraid they will say no! What should I do?

View more questions Search