Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Kitty1978 Posts: 32, Reputation: 3

Jun 17, 2008, 10:44 AM
    What did you learn from your past relationship? Lets share our experiences.
    After 2-3 bad experiences in relationships, I learnt when I FEEL something is going wrong, it is really going wrong! Every time I just ignored that at that time... they grew and grew and finally cause the rlationship to end!

If someone loves you, never make u sad, never make you trouble, never make you doubt on him... he will come and chase you... that's what I've learnt so far...
    Romefalls19 Posts: 4,739, Reputation: 1130
    Ultra Member

Jun 17, 2008, 10:51 AM
    That jealousy and possessiveness are things that are going to kill a relationship. To try and control someone is wrong, immature and not going to do any good. If someone wants to cheat, they will. Plain and simple
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jun 17, 2008, 10:54 AM
    Too much to fast, burn and crash!!
    plonak Posts: 742, Reputation: 117

Jun 17, 2008, 10:55 AM
    You can't freaking change ANYONE!! Don't go into a relationship thinking you can change the person.. it just plain doesn't work

Jun 17, 2008, 11:01 AM
    Don't trust anybody, until you are sure... then give 100% of yourself...

I feel broken, Im still obsessed, I gave all and got nothing.. how stupid...
    epiphany Posts: 24, Reputation: 11

Jun 17, 2008, 11:23 AM
    That your issues that you have on your own, be they insecurity, self esteem problems, or baggage from a past relationship are yours alone. It is not up to the new person in your life to fix them or magically make it all better for you.

Neediness or being clingy will kill it every time.

Over analyzing rarely helps you answer any questions, in fact it usually makes you feel worse and often leads to you having so many more questions you freak out even more.

Relax, take things slow, and enjoy getting to know each other.. like Tal said too much too fast is usually a recipe for disaster.
    jiltedgirl Posts: 125, Reputation: 23

Jun 17, 2008, 11:28 AM
    Emotions and feelings aren't everything. It doesn't matter how much you like/love one another sometimes. For whatever reason(s), sometimes relationships just don't work out. There is both a right and wrong course of action. And if two people care for and respect each other, they will do what is ultimately best for both partners, even if it hurts and is difficult.
    polska Posts: 33, Reputation: 6

Jun 17, 2008, 12:37 PM
    Just Like Tal said... Too much too fast! Burn and crash!
    Just happened to me two months ago. Don't let infatuation take over. Try to keep a straight sense of direction. It all sounds easy but it's not!
    liz28 Posts: 4,662, Reputation: 1034
    Ultra Member

Jun 17, 2008, 12:57 PM
    If a person does not love me for me then the hel with them. Each relationship has taught me something different and I'm glad most ended, maybe not at the time, but it helped me be and stay strong and not settle for any selfish reasons. Sometimes you have to go through the bad to get to that one and I'm glad I found it and we're having our 2nd child, we each already have one, due January 5,2009.

Also, I learned nothing is guarantee and it takes two to make it work, not one. There's no such thing as a perfect relationship, your going have your up's and down's that will only make your stronger and trust and communication is the glue. Also, before you can love someone you must love yourself. These ar things I learned from my past relationship.
    liz28 Posts: 4,662, Reputation: 1034
    Ultra Member

Jun 17, 2008, 01:04 PM
    Also, go with someone on the same page as you. Stay away from deadbeats, they never change. If you see a guy is controlling then leave. Actions speak louder than words, so if the actions and words don't add up, leave asap. This will save a lot of heart ache. If a guy has too many kids with drama, leave it isn't worth it mentally. If he don't have a job and not looking for one, don't even think about getting involve.
    ylaira Posts: 1,193, Reputation: 118
    Ultra Member

Jun 17, 2008, 03:48 PM
    That being too available lessens your value, excitement and fun. I was an abandoned and neglected child. So I thought the best way to show your love is being always around, but wrong.
    zooropa1985 Posts: 255, Reputation: 43

Jun 17, 2008, 04:39 PM
    I guess the main things I learned where jealousy gets you no where fast, I realise now that the past is the past and its only the present that matters.

I also realise how much I took my ex for granted, its only when you lose someone that you realise just how much they truly mean to you.
    cduncman19 Posts: 10, Reputation: 3

Jun 17, 2008, 05:46 PM
    What I learned from my last relationship... hmm... words are just words, saying you love someone doesn't mean anything more than the air it takes to make the sound. Never sacrifice your life or your happiness for someone to "try" to make things work. Don't be available to your ex, you'll only get used and abused until they have moved on. Never, ever, be someone who let's your ex cheat on their current boyfriend with you, it makes you just as much of a cheater as your ex is. And finally, don't let things drag on, tell the person how you feel, tell them to make a choice, and then accept it and let it be done, either way. Maybe most of all, don't ever lose yourself respect, your confidence, or yourself worth.
    Lovelee Posts: 150, Reputation: 5

Jun 17, 2008, 07:22 PM
    I've learned that no matter how into someone you are always leave a little room for disappointment.
    Boristheblade Posts: 141, Reputation: 17

Jun 18, 2008, 11:33 AM
    You should never give it all unless you are SURE, because sometimes there is nothing left but bitterness and regret
    And it JUST... ISN'T... WORTH... IT.
    Genuineforce Posts: 76, Reputation: 2

Jun 18, 2008, 11:52 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitty1978
    after 2-3 bad experiences in relationships, I learnt when I FEEL something is going wrong, it is really going wrong! everytime I just ignored that at that time... they grew and grew and finally cause the rlationship to end!

If someone loves you, never make u sad, never make you trouble, never make you doubt on him ... he will come and chase you ... thats what I've learnt so far...

I agree with you. In the case of bad relationships, they truly make you stronger in ditecting the bs the next time around
    mafiaangel180 Posts: 629, Reputation: 103

Jun 18, 2008, 11:54 AM
    If they give you excuse as to why they want out of it, and it doesn't make sense to you... no matter, let them go!

Jun 18, 2008, 11:58 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by mafiaangel180
    If they give you excuse as to why they want out of it, and it doesn't make sense to you...no matter, let them go!!
    But why it happens? Ive never done that to anyone, so I don't know why... when there is no problem in the relationship and they do it to you, it becomes like a puzzle and you would think about it 24/7...
    Genuineforce Posts: 76, Reputation: 2

Jun 18, 2008, 12:13 PM
    People like that, were wearing a "mask" in the first place, with everything, perhapps even toward themselves

Jun 18, 2008, 12:23 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Genuineforce
    People like that, were wearing a "mask" in the first place, with everything, perhapps even toward themselves
    I think if some guys or girls feel that the relationship is getting serious and lots of love is coming from the other person, they get scared and walk away... but its always nice to love and be loved...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Current partner confessing to strange past experiences [ 16 Answers ]

I have recently started dating this nice man and up till a few days ago I thought he was perfect. Then one afternoon he sat me down and told me how he enjoys masterbating in front of other men on webcam on the internet. He assures me he is not gay and that he is trying to stop the habit but I just...

Past relationship [ 2 Answers ]

I keep having dreams of my ex lover, that we were back together?:rolleyes: :confused:

About my past relationship? [ 6 Answers ]

I lost my virginity,when I was 17 years old,and for 1 year,were always making out and having sex with my ex-boyfriend.But 6 years from now,I've never had a sex with the other guy.Until I've met my fiancé,and were decided to getting married soon.And I don't want him to find out that I'm not a...

Past relationship [ 10 Answers ]

I would like to know if in present relationship you should talk about your past relationship or x girlfriend or boyfriend always? I think is not because its already your past and if she or he talk about it before you should not repeat it that conversation about your x or past relationship again for...

View more questions Search