Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    alana1970 Posts: 31, Reputation: 1

Jun 17, 2008, 05:40 AM
    Confused about deleting on credit report
    Hi, I have a bill with Chase for 911.00 and yesterday received a letter to only pay 274.00. This debt is with a collection agency and the settlement would be with them. Of course I want to pay this but after it is paid how would I go about having it deleted from credit report. This is a debt that is about 3 years old. Do I write the creditor or do I write the credit bureaus. Thank you.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jun 17, 2008, 05:44 AM
    You send in your payment with a letter advising the collection agency to update your credit report listing the account as paid or settled.

You can't get it removed for another 4 years.
    alana1970 Posts: 31, Reputation: 1

Jun 17, 2008, 06:04 AM
    On my credit report there is only Chase reporting it not the collection agency. So wouldn't I have to write Chase asking them to update my credit report.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jun 17, 2008, 07:10 AM
    No, its up to the collection agency. It says Chase because that's where the account was setup.
    TheCleaner Posts: 152, Reputation: 3

Jun 17, 2008, 04:13 PM
    I would pay the two hundred and a month later dispute the listing with the credit bureaus, if you start calling Chase it might make harder to get the account deleted, they have a no deletions policy. If the CA is offering you an 80% discount is probably because is a very old debt, sold several times to different colectors, I bet that Chase have no records of the account, the credit bureau will delete it way before the seven years.

If you pay the collector make sure of sending a money order or cashier check never a personal check from any of your accounts if you pay them with anything containing your routing and account number you might have a nasty surprise in your next bank statement.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Credit report [ 11 Answers ]

On my credit report I have a collection agency that reported first in 1999 Just when that was about to be removed from my credit report they (the collection agency)sold the account to another collection agency who re-reported it and now it will be 7 more years before it will be removed.it is the...

Credit card not on credit report [ 5 Answers ]

I have several credit cards that have been charged off and gone to collections. All of them are on my credit report but one from Citibank. Is that good or should I be concerned about that?

How do I get a credit report from all three bureaus with no credit card [ 1 Answers ]

How do I get all three creidt reports with out submitting a credit card.

Bad Credit on My Report From MIDLAND FUNDING Credit Issued in 1999? [ 3 Answers ]

The only thing I can think off I did not pay off was a credit card I had applied for in the year 1999 when I was in college. It was a $500 limit card, being that it was a first credit card I did miss some payments & every time I did I would get hit with a $30 late payment + $30 over limit fee plus...

View more questions Search