Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    starbuck8 Posts: 3,128, Reputation: 734
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Jun 24, 2008, 03:02 AM
    Well stop going around the bulls with the big horns, and the dizziness will wear off in a bit. You know, just because you have to run in circles with that red cape! ;)

I'm off to bed, go find some tasty meat recipes for lunch! :D
    melloboi23 Posts: 48, Reputation: 2

Nov 15, 2008, 09:07 PM

A little water will keep it from drying out but I would suggest reseasoning if you water it. Use cumin and chile powder for the mexican food and maybe can't spell it but whostoshires sauce to bring out the beef flavor for the hamburger helper and salt and pepper.
    apcowboy Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 18, 2008, 07:26 AM

Put it in a skillet over medium high heat. Use your spoon or spatula to break up the meat as it cooks. When the meat is completely brown with NO PINK, it is done. Yes you can drain the fat as you go if it is producing a lot of liquid. Or you can wait until it's done cooking. Hamburger can be purchased with different fat levels. When the meat is done you can then add whatever you think you would like to it. Hamburger is pretty flexible.
    Neelie Posts: 512, Reputation: 39

Nov 22, 2008, 03:05 AM

This is an interesting topic eh? I'm also from UK, and agree that years back my mam always cooked mince in water and added gravy salt, but those days it was usually mince and dumplings (yummy) or shepherds pie, she never made chili or burgers etc. I had my first holiday in USA this year and I tasted the best burgers ever, tasty and soft, how do you get them like that please?
    starbuck8 Posts: 3,128, Reputation: 734
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Nov 22, 2008, 03:45 AM

Haha! There are so many different way to make burgers, but please, don't add water! ;)

Just a simple way. Get some lean ground beef. Add an egg, some spices, and a bit of HP sauce. Mix it with your hands, but don't over mix it. Just until it's combined. While they are in the bowl, section out the beef. (you can make them all the same size by putting a dent in the middle of the batch, and then sideways) Put your thumb into the middle of each burger to kind of make a little well, and that way they won't bulge in the middle when they are done.

Put them on the grill, under a broiler, or into a frying pan on med/high heat, and let them cook through on one side before flipping. Don't flip them over and over. Depending on the thickness, they should only take maybe 3 minutes on each side, or until the well in the middle pops, and is level with the rest of the burger.

I hope that helps a little. It's all about the spices and your cooking time. If you don't keep an eye on them, they can turn into shoe leather in a minute! ;)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Re-Freeze Meat? [ 3 Answers ]

Why aren't you suppose to re-freeze meat that been frozen, thawed? What happens? If you cook it, what's the big deal?

How do you know if you have meat the one [ 2 Answers ]

I am looking for the guy that I can spend mylife with, someone that will treat me like a lady, respect me, love me 4 who I am and not take me for granted. Someone that if he does not see me, he just want to call or jump on the next bus that is availabele, someone that I can love and would love me...

Old meat [ 3 Answers ]

Hello cookers: If you have some hamburger that's laid around for a close to a week, and then you cook it, does the time start over again? excon

My dog will not eat anything but any type of meat what can I feed her besides meat? [ 2 Answers ]

My dog,Sheba,will not eat anything but meat.I know why she won't but how do I get her to eat dog food again?Sheba is nine years old and she has some arthritis and I put an arthritis pill,that my veternarian gave me, in her dog food a couple weeks ago and now she won't eat her dog food because the...

Open ground when neutral not touching ground [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I was moving around a room and noticed my wife wanted her desk elsewhere. I decided to, since she would have her computer on it, check the outlet she would be moving to. It seemed old so I changed it. I noticed before I changed it that with my GFCI tester, all sockets on this circuit were...

View more questions Search