Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    arcura Posts: 3,773, Reputation: 191
    Ultra Member

Oct 26, 2008, 03:40 PM
    ernestpaquin,
    I believe that the greatest sin is faithlessness, next is dishonesty and then betrayal.
    I also am certain that there are people alive today who are like those two thousand years ago who killed the Son of God.
    Please tell my what your (Novel? Article? Book?) Find Me Eve is about.
    I am also an author of some short stories and a novel.
    Please and kindness,
    Fred
    ernestpaquin Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 27, 2008, 09:47 AM
    Hello, this is Ernest Norman Paquin, thank you for responding to my inquiry more or less instead of question. I would not kill the Son of God not for any reason, I'll add that; if people want to free themselves from sin than they can join the many millions who free themselves and start over every year on New Years... and no one has to die, you see? Anyway, my book entitled "Find Me, Eve" is available on most online bookstores. It is about time traveling back to the Garden of eden and setting things right. I personally do not believe that the Adam and Eve scenario happened they way it popularly believed. It entered my mind shortly after I asked God "how to make the world a better place" it was revealed as being an accident of scientific nature with time travel being not only the cause but also the answer. I mean even if "the apple" part is true then perhaps Eve did take a bite and turned and said, "this tastes wrong, here Adam you take a bite and tell me why,". Perhaps Radioactive fallout from the time travel accident contaminated everything back then, the apple for example.
    If you are interested in knowing more of my story then you can find me through Yahoo, Google and maybe even Roadrunner, in your search type in keywords; Ernest Norman Paquin or Find Me, Eve. Thanks and I hope you enjoy the story.
    Masiella Posts: 22, Reputation: 1

Oct 27, 2008, 02:10 PM

You have the wrong number.
    ernestpaquin Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 28, 2008, 07:13 AM

Sorry Masiella, I am knew to this. Take care.
    ubharedev Posts: 134, Reputation: 1

Dec 22, 2008, 12:09 AM

Sorry, But I don't know about Christianity a lot.

But I am curious to know , Is there any importance of wine and grape juice in christianity?
    Or It is just to celebrate or enjoy.

Thank you.
    Ultra Member

Dec 22, 2008, 04:19 PM
    ubharedev ,
    Yes, there is of some great importance to wine in Christianity and other religions.
    Examples; the Jews believe that wine is "A gift from God that glades the hearts of men."
    However, as such it should not be abused but rather enjoyed in moderation.
    In Islam alcoholic beverages are forbidden.
    In Christianity there are some faiths that forbid it but in nearly all of the denominations wine and spirits should be enjoyed in moderation, following what the bible says not to drink it till the drink get a person tipsy or drunk.
    But the bible advises to, "Drink a LITTLE wine for the stomach's sake."
    In several denominations wine is served during religious services as symbol of the blood of Jesus Christ who said, Take drink, this is the cup of the new Covenant. This is my blood which will be shed for many. Do this in remembrance of me.
    Several denominations understand that literally, such as the Anglicans, the Episcopals, the Lutherans, the Orthodox, and the Catholics.
    They believe that it is, when properly consecrated during service” the wine retains its appearance and flavor, but is changed by the Holy Spirit to become the physical blood of Jesus Christ and the person, if worthy, who drinks it is given a grace of God and his/hers sins are forgiven.
    I am a Catholic and I firmly believe that.
    When I partake of that I have great joy and much thanks that Jesus has actually entered by body and strengthens my spirit.
    I hope that is helpful for you.
    Merry Christmas!
    Peace and kindness,
    Fred (arcura)

Dec 22, 2008, 10:06 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by arcura View Post
    ubharedev ,
    Yes, there is of some great importance to wine in Christianity and other religions.
    Examples; the Jews believe that wine is "A gift from God that glades the hearts of men."
    However, as such it should not be abused but rather enjoyed in moderation.
    In Islam alcoholic beverages are forbidden.
    In Christianity there are some faiths that forbid it but in nearly all of the denominations wine and spirits should be enjoyed in moderation, following what the bible says not to drink it till the drink get a person tipsy or drunk.
    But the bible advises to, "Drink a LITTLE wine for the stomach's sake."
    In several denominations wine is served during religious services as symbol of the blood of Jesus Christ who said, Take drink, this is the cup of the new Covenant. This is my blood which will be shed for many. Do this in remembrance of me.
    Several denominations understand that literally, such as the Anglicans, the Episcopals, the Lutherans, the Orthodox, and the Catholics.
    They believe that it is, when properly consecrated during service” the wine retains its appearance and flavor, but is changed by the Holy Spirit to become the physical blood of Jesus Christ and the person, if worthy, who drinks it is given a grace of God and his/hers sins are forgiven.
    I am a Catholic and I firmly believe that.
    When I partake of that I have great joy and much thanks that Jesus has actually entered by body and strengthens my spirit.
    I hope that is helpful for you.
    Merry Christmas!
    Peace and kindness,
    Fred (arcura)

Hello fred,

Thank you for your reply and to share knowledge.

But is it good to keep wine as religion part.
    Well enjoying wine in moderation could be able for richer and the people who learn and know importance of wine and literate/educated people.

Some in some countries like India it is not possible. The people here are very poor and yet not develop and many of them are illiterate. Teaching them once would not do for them. As many of them are drunker. In India if anyone started drinking he almost become drunker. In most of the cases it happens.

And the consequence of this they not take care of family, misuse of money, fall pray to disease, short life, no aim in life, having affairs outside, used to go red light area, debt, suicides etc.

This is what alcohol causes to Indian people. I am from India and know and I have seen all this. So what you say about this. Is this the appropriate religion for Indian people or not.

Well I know that other side of Christianity is there. But you know that one stinked mango can stink the others in a bag. So this concept of wine I don't think it is justified.

On other hand may the Jesus didn't think of the poor while making this statement.

Thank you.
    Ultra Member

Dec 22, 2008, 10:46 PM
    ubharedev,
    Using wine in a Christian service means taking just a sip of wine. A few drops of the blood of Christ is as effective as a glassful, probably more effective.
    In the Jewish religion of which Jesus was a member wine was a part of life and had been for centuries. If fact Jewish made wine was an important export product for it was considered far better that most other wines.
    But yes, in regard to folks from counties like India where they had built up no tolerance to alcoholic beverages such as in India, the Sanidnavian countries, Arabian Countries (where beer was first invented then later banned), and the American Indians alcohol is nearly a poison if not seldom drunk and then in moderation.
    It is best if they do not touch it at all.
    Peace and kindness,'
    Fred

Dec 22, 2008, 11:10 PM
    ubharedev,
    Using wine in a Christian service means taking just a sip of wine. A few drops of the blood of Christ is as effective as a glassful, probably more effective.
    In the Jewish religion of which Jesus was a member wine was a part of life and had been for centuries. If fact Jewish made wine was an important export product for it was considered far better that most other wines.
    But yes, in regard to folks from counties like India where they had built up no tolerance to alcoholic beverages such as in India, the Sanidnavian countries, Arabian Countries (where beer was first invented then later banned), and the American Indians alcohol is nearly a poison if not seldom drunk and then in moderation.
    It is best if they do not touch it at all.
    Peace and kindness,'
    Fred
    Fred,

Then how you can say that this religion is beneficial for common people and for every country.
    And why do one adopt this religion.

Just for thirst of knowledge.
    Ultra Member

Dec 22, 2008, 11:38 PM
    ubharedev,
    I'm a member of the Catholic Christian religion because I believe it is the ultimate and true religion of the one almighty God.
    Wine is a part of it they way God instituted it.
    I do not question His wisdom,
    I really don't believe that any person would be harmed if they had a few drops of wine at religious service.
    And a person that decides not to have the wine it is OK for they also receive the host which is bread, the body of Christ Jesus.
    So you see that having the wine is not an absolute necessity.
    Peace and kindness,
    Fred

Dec 23, 2008, 12:05 AM
    ubharedev,
    I'm a member of the Catholic Christian religion because I believe it is the ultimate and true religion of the one almighty God.
    Wine is a part of it they way God instituted it.
    I do not question His wisdom,
    I really don't believe that any person would be harmed if they had a few drops of wine at religious service.
    And a person that decides not to have the wine it is OK for they also receive the host which is bread, the body of Christ Jesus.
    So you see that having the wine is not an absolute necessity.
    Peace and kindness,
    Fred

Fred,

One more thing I wanted to ask as your are having lot of studies on Christianity.

After seeing Da Vinci Code - Movie I got stuck with the whole scenario they put in the film.

About Priory of Sion, Marry Magdelon and lot of thing in that.

It made me real contradict as Jesus is a God.

What you say, Is it all truth or myth. Is Jesus is a human or God. What about Mary Magdelon, Sang real.

You can see what I got on web.

Original document of Priory of Sine

The Original Priory of Sion Documents 1956

Priory of Sion
    Ultra Member

Dec 23, 2008, 12:44 AM
    ubharedev,
    I read the book.
    It is pure fiction; very entertaining and well written.
    It is full of bogus history that is scattered over many centuries.
    Jesus did Not marry anyone.
    He said His bride is The Church
    The legend of the magic vessel did not appear until many centuries later.
    Da Vinci would not have place Mary in with the apostles for he used the biblical account of who was at the Last Supper, There were NO women there.
    The novel's accounts of the Catholic Church are riddled with errors to help fit the author's story.
    There is an excellent book that tells of all the bogus history and errors avaiable. It is called The Da Vinci Hoax.
    If truly interested get a copy of that,
    It is available from Amazon at this site:
    Amazon.com: The Da Vinci Hoax: Exposing the Errors in The Da Vinci Code: Carl E. Olson, Sandra Miesel: Books
    Also here is a site you might be interested in.
    It provides the scientific evidence for the Christmas Star over Bethlehem the birth place of Jesus.
    THE CHRISTMAS STAR:
    Peace and kindness,
    Fred

Dec 23, 2008, 12:53 AM
    ubharedev,
    I read the book.
    It is pure fiction; very entertaining and well written.
    It is full of bogus history that is scattered over many centuries.
    Jesus did Not marry anyone.
    He said His bride is The Church
    The legend of the magic vessel did not appear until many centuries later.
    Da Vinci would not have place Mary in with the apostles for he used the biblical account of who was at the Last Supper, There were NO women there.
    The novel's accounts of the Catholic Church are riddled with errors to help fit the author's story.
    There is an excellent book that tells of all the bogus history and errors avaiable. It is called The Da Vinci Hoax.
    If truly interested get a copy of that,
    It is available from Amazon at this site:
    Amazon.com: The Da Vinci Hoax: Exposing the Errors in The Da Vinci Code: Carl E. Olson, Sandra Miesel: Books
    Also here is a site you might be interested in.
    It provides the scientific evidence for the Christmas Star over Bethlehem the birth place of Jesus.
    THE CHRISTMAS STAR:
    Peace and kindness,
    Fred
    Thank you Fred.
    Ultra Member

Dec 23, 2008, 01:09 AM
    ubharedev
    You're welcome.
    I'm happy to be of help for you.
    I would wish you a Merry Christmas or whatever holiday you celebrate but I don't know what religion you belong to, if any.
    But I do wish you a Happy and Prosperous New Year.
    Fred

Dec 23, 2008, 01:31 AM
    ubharedev
    You;re welcome.
    I'm happy to be of help for you.
    I would wish you a Merry Christmas or whatever holiday you celebrate but I don't know what religion you belong to, if any.
    But I do wish you a Happy and Prosperous New Year.
    Fred
    Same to you Fred.
    Ultra Member

Dec 23, 2008, 01:48 AM
    ubharedev,
    Thanks.
    I'm going to bed now
    It's almost 2 AM here in Montana, USA past my bed time.
    If you send me any more of your excellent messages I'll answer them later in this new day.
    Fred
    michele1983 Posts: 32, Reputation: 6

Mar 10, 2009, 10:51 AM
    With everyone spouting out biblical passages, it just seems obvious to me that God created us and wouldn't want us to harm ourselves. The bible it does state not to be a drunkard or intoxicated. I think a lot of people take the bible too literally then it was meant. I don't think that drinking is bad at all as long as its not too much... Clearly, drinking can cause bodily damage and impair the mind... It has very negative effects on the body if not taken responsibly. Of course God wouldn't want this children to harm themselves!

And also... just thinking... someone mentioned wine is okay since it has lower alcohol content then spirits... thennnnnn what about beer? Because wine has a HIGHER alcohol content then beer. So would it be okay then to drink beer?

Anyway, I believe in God and I drink. Just not overboard... which I would hope people would naturally NOT want to do since it damages brain cells and harms your body in general anyway, despite if you believe in a higher power...

So, using that I would say that using wine in cooking is completely OK.
    Ultra Member

Mar 10, 2009, 08:42 PM
    michele1983,
    I agree.
    The Jews believe that "wine is a gift from God that gladens the hearts of men" and should not be abused.
    Peace and kindness,
    Fred

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Spirits [ 9 Answers ]

Hello Everyone, Some odd things have been going on in my house lately hense my being here today. My family is fairly religious, my mom has had stuff happen to her in the past growing up, things moving around and floating things like that. This is not a joke... They moved out of the house when the...

Is there spirits in my house? [ 18 Answers ]

My husband and I have lived in our house for 4 years (house was built in 1955) My neighbors knew the previous owners... as far as I know no deaths in the house. My husband has claimed to have felt a "presence" though I never have. However, we have 4 children and a lot of electronic toys in our...

Do I have spirits? [ 6 Answers ]

I visit abanded asylums,with that all photos have orbs with faces,really.I get chills a lot with hair on the back of my neck & the heat is blastingg.I hear whispering when I go to bed on one occasion a girls voice clearly said "can you help me? on another night I got up to get a drink and turned...

Wine [ 3 Answers ]

I don't drink, so all wine tastes the same to me. However, I do cook with it. IF a cake recipe calls for sherry or brandy, which of the following would be the closest to it. Cabernet sauvegon, burgundy, chadonnay, marsala, maderia. I have all these but not sherry or brandy.

My dodge spirits problems? [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 1990 3.0 v6 dodge spirit with 150000 miles. Ever since I got it its had a problem with overheating although I'm not sure its over heating. The temp gauge is fine but after driving around for awhile it starts to chug and then just dies and won't restart for at least 30 minutes. Also just...

View more questions Search