Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mnhk2006 Posts: 18, Reputation: 1

Mar 13, 2006, 10:34 PM
    Screen Compressed - Help me
    :mad: :mad: Mine is a Samsung 15". Recently when I installed Win XP, my screen size got changed and even if I change the settings (Expand Horizontal and Vertical) on its front panel. The screen size is not being expanded to reach its outer frame shell. All expand settings are set to maximum, but it is not displaying full screen. It looks just like a vertical cinema scope. Please help me. Its urgent :eek:
    cajalat Posts: 469, Reputation: 66

Mar 14, 2006, 04:32 AM
    This maybe a silly suggestion but have you tried to change the desktop settings? i.e. right click on the desktop, click properties, click the settings tab, and then change your resolution to say something like 1024x768?

Casey
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Mar 14, 2006, 04:55 AM
    This often happens because the monitor cannot handle the default setting that Win XP is using. Try booting into Safe Mode which will set the display at 640x480. Things will seems all 'blocky' but you'll know what the problam is. You will either need the proper XP drivers for your video card OR your monitor cannot handle the default rate (usually 800x600 at 16 bit) and you'll need a more recent monitor.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Run A Program Right After Welcome Screen? [ 3 Answers ]

HELLO THERE! I Have Windows XP SP-2 I Want To Run A Program Automatically Right After The Welcome Screen WHAT I REALLY WANT IS... I Don't Want Any User To Access Start Menu Or Desktop BEFORE My Program & When My Program Is Finished Executing Then XP Gives Desktop.

Having a problem moving my address bar from bottom of screen to top of screen [ 11 Answers ]

Hello everyone, I can't seem to bring up an address bar at the top of the screen because when I right click at the top of the page, the options are not lit up. I could only bring up an address bar at the bottom. Since it gets in the way at the bottom, I would like to know if anyone can help me...

Recover files from compressed PacketCD [ 2 Answers ]

With Cequadrats WinOnCd 3.6 on windows 98se I made a compressed volume packet cd using a cd-rw 700mb disk and copied files to it. It worked fine. Later I tried to copy more files to it as is supposed to be possible and it is now unreadable by my drive. Is there any way to recover the files from the...

Screen [ 1 Answers ]

Customize my desktop? If not there should be laptop settings to set the resolution and screen size

Pc on, nothing on screen [ 5 Answers ]

My PC turns on, no boot, nothing on screen, help?

View more questions Search