Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bball star Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 16, 2008, 06:48 PM
    Needle or gun?
    I have sensitive ears, like for a new peircing I have to have something like a sterling silver earing so my ear won't get infected. I want my cartiledge peirced, needle or gun? Stud or hoop?:confused:
    Plus I'm just scared (if it will hurt):(
    charlotte234s Posts: 1,903, Reputation: 143
    Ultra Member

Jun 16, 2008, 07:34 PM
    First off, DO NOT EVER GET PIERCED BY A GUN.

A piercing gun is plastic piece encasing a needle that is shoved through the flesh and can cause serious trauma to the flesh. It does not remove flesh or cartilage, it only rips through it and displaces it, which can lead to keloids, in my opinion. It hurts MUCH worse than getting it done with a needle, despite the scary appearance of the needle, it is 1000% better, honestly. The studs used to pierce with are dull, much more dull than the needle, which makes it more painful. They can also be far too sort to allow for the inevitable swelling after piercing. Secondly, a piercing gun cannot be completely autoclaved (autoclaves are sterilization machines) and so the gun may contain tiny bits of other peoples' flesh and blood, and with those pieces of flesh and blood, risks for a veritable smörgåsbord of diseases. Thirdly, people who pierce with the gun are not piercers. They are not trained for more than a week, they are not certified by the APP, they do not know a lot about health and safety standards.

Go to a studio and have it done professionally by a certified piercer and have them put a gold stud in it. Hoops can pull on the cartilage while it heals and are easier to catch on things, which can be painful, cause scarring, bleeding, etc.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

About the depo needle? [ 7 Answers ]

Hi I used to be on the pill some time back for a few years but Always forgot to take it so I decided the best thing to do was go and get the needle I have been on it now nearly 9 months and I never got my period all that time apart from now. I'm fine with that but I've just seen on this site...

Needle and seat [ 1 Answers ]

Hey everyone... I have a problem with my carbs on my polaris xc 700, I have 39mm Keihin D-slide carbs and if I do not turn the gas valve to the off position when shutting the sled down, I flood the engine, sometimes being so bad that I must drain out the cylinders... I was wondering if this would...

Erratic rpm needle [ 3 Answers ]

My Honda crv feels like it will die once in a while when I'm driving down the highway. The rpm needle will drop suddenly and it decelerates briefly, then it's fine. This happened a few years ago and I took it to Honda and they replaced something, I think it was a recall on the ignition.

Clock needle [ 4 Answers ]

How clock’s needles transmit light at night?

Fear of Needle [ 9 Answers ]

Hi! I was wondering if anyone who is a medical assistant can answer my question... I want to become a medical assistant, but I have fear of needle and blood, is it require to give injection or to draw blood?

View more questions Search