Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lilconfused Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 16, 2008, 02:46 PM
    Workmans Comp and Resigning.
    I was injured on the job over a month ago.. Company sent me to their doctors, and originally thought it was a sprain in my lumbar.. I have NEVER had back problems before.
    Doctors put me on light duty and my company could not provide me the work in my area. I have only been with the company 2 months and was working hard and trying to do so well.

My back has not gotten better, so doctors ran more tests and in an mri, it reveled that I have 3 bulgin discs and 1 herniated one.

I am awaiting to see a specialiest, and workmans comp. is paying me temp disability. I can not stand the deminished pay and me not being able to progress.

This has caused me to re-evaluate my life, and I firmly do Not want to be in this sales indusrty I am currenlty in. While the company has been good to me, and I put in 110% while I was healthy, I know now the amount of stress and always trying to sell sell is not right for me.

**How do I tell the company that I want to resign/quit.. while I am under their workmans comp.? I feel unethical knowing that this is not where I want to be but I am still injured and suffering from the back pain caused on and by the job.

*My intentions are only good, as I would like them to re-hire for my position instead of wait until I am able to have full mobility and then return all to not really want to go back.

**The insurance has been nasty to me, will they or the company make me pay for my medical or any checks they gave me for temp disability?

**Again, I just want to protect my rights, but be as honest and forth rigt With the company.
    Will this back fire on me? Will HR leave a negative report and will consider me unhirable if I put them on resume. I am only trying to do what's best for the company, I got hurt working my butt off for them, because they are a good company, but like said just not the industry or stress I want to put myself around again once I recover. How do I explain this?
    [*]Please help!
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 16, 2008, 02:51 PM
    If you say you are well enough to go and do other work, then your workers comp will basically stop paying any weekly benefit, and it may look closer at your illness.

Also you should be getting @ 60 percent of your pay, which is about what you get after taxes, so you should not be or have lost too much money.

I would not quit or do anything unless you talk to a workers comp attorney

But yes, about the worst thing I can image you doing is quiting while on workers comp unless you are 100 percent ready and able to go back to work.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Working while on Workmans Comp [ 6 Answers ]

Are you allowed to work for somebody else while you are on WC and not working for your current employer?

Workmans comp insurance! [ 4 Answers ]

Hello, I hurt my back at work a month ago, when I saw my primary Doctor he told me that he couldn't help me because it was job related. I am now on workmans comp, placed on light duty, and wasn't given much time off at home to heal I am currently on medications and taking physical therapy. I...

Workmans comp settlement [ 3 Answers ]

Does a settlement count as income? Or in other words will I have to pay taxes on it.

Workmans comp- unemployment [ 2 Answers ]

Ill. Hello this is going to be a long ? So please bare with me. Thank you mar 13 slipped on freezer floor after someone mopped it out and I was unaware. Filling out paper work to go dr. and in walks boss and fires me for unrelated situation. Boss said if I resigned they would not contest...

View more questions Search