Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Tonyac Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Mar 13, 2006, 04:53 PM
    Refrigerator leaking
    My refrigerator is leaking. Seems like it starts at the freezer and water slowly floods each shelf. Do I need a new refriderator?
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Mar 13, 2006, 08:20 PM
    I have been letting refrigerator questions go because another guy seemed to know more than me was answering them. He hasn't answered any questions in over a month. Ok, the B team is back. Likely this is part of the frost free cycle. A heating element may kick on to melt the frost in the freezer. Check the freezer compartment to see if there is a drain and make sure it isn't clogged up.
    Tonyac Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Mar 14, 2006, 10:48 AM
    Will do... thank you
    nmartinez1973 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 12, 2006, 05:21 AM
    I am having the same problem with my refrigerator. It has been leaking for awhile, but only recently has it gotten so bad that the water is pooling on multiple glass shelfs, as well as the bottom underneath the crispers.

I pulled everything out of my freezer and eliminated all the ice that had clogged up the drain, and that seemed to work for a few days. But a week or so later, it's back again.

I am going to do the "defrost" routine again this weekend, but I think it may be more than that.

Help anyone??
    lfstoeck Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 14, 2007, 11:50 AM
    My refrigerator is also seems to be leaking from the freezer down to the shelves in the refrigerator and now to the floor. I will check the drain as was suggested, but could this have anything to do with the fact that I have my freezer jam packed full now?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My cat is leaking! [ 4 Answers ]

I have an 8 yr old female cat. She is overweight and does have difficulty cleaning herself. For MANY months now she has been leaving little tiny brown spots when she sits down. I have to clean her at least once a week or her hair gets really matted by her vagina. It is really gross. I am not...

Maytag wide by side refrigerator [ 2 Answers ]

Model number mzd2752GRW. The switch that turns on the ice/water dispenser stopped working. I replaced it. The water dispenser now works. The ice dispenser drops the ice cubes, but the door they should fall through doesn't open. What controls it?

Refrigerator Drinking Water Pressure/Rate [ 1 Answers ]

I have an Amana side-by-side fridge from 2000. Ever since installing it, we've had poor water pressure (low flow) from the drinking water spout. I replace the filter every 5-6 months. Is there something else I can check/do to increase the flow. I'd drink more water if it didn't take a minute or...

Leaking [ 4 Answers ]

We had been hearing running water near our kitchen sink, and the water meter dial had been turning constantly. The water bill jumped from fifty to eighty dollars.We called in a plumber who said we have a leak. He put nitrogen and helium into the pipes,so he would be able to hear exactly were the...

View more questions Search