Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Tonyac Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Mar 13, 2006, 04:52 PM
    Cleaning the disposal & plumbing pipes
    Any suggestions on a product to push through my pipes and clean out the gunk?
    kp2171 Posts: 5,318, Reputation: 1612
    Uber Member

Mar 13, 2006, 07:15 PM
    Im sure speedball1 will have THE answer to this one.

Not sure about putting drain cleaner into the disposal. I imagine it might help clean it out, but it might also corrode and shorten the life of the unit. You'll need to hear from someone who knows better about that.

Is is just the kitchen sink that is slow to drain?
    Tonyac Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Mar 14, 2006, 10:50 AM
    It is not slow to drain, just can be smelly... We have had the house for 2 years now and I think the previous owners were not the cleanest around...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hydro cleaning pipes - worth it? [ 1 Answers ]

While in my home to clean out a backup (not in the kitchen sink), the plumber offered to hydro-clean the pipes with pressurized water to clear out all the gunk and grease. I believe he said it would be around $225. He said this type of cleaning should be performed every 3 years as a maintenance...

Garbage disposal [ 3 Answers ]

What is the best way to clean the garbage disposal? Sometimes I put in a lemon but it really doesn't seem to work well enough. Any products for eating away the gunk?

Disposal won't drain [ 2 Answers ]

Any suggestions when the disposal won't drain and you've already tried to plunge it?(didn't work) It's a dual sink and the non-disposal side drains properly, so I'm not sure the drain trap is the problem. If I dismantle the drain trap and discover it is not the problem, what next? Thanks in...

Disposal question [ 10 Answers ]

I had a plumber install my garbage disposal because he was doing other work anyway. Sometimes when we put put in the disposal, the food shoots through the pipe and into the other sink creating a huge mess. I uploaded a picture of how he installed it. Looking at other disposals, it seems that the...

Cleaning Kitchen Sink Pipes [ 1 Answers ]

Thanks in advance to anyone who can offer some advice! My wife and I just moved in to a 1984 home. The other day, after peeling some potatoes in the sink, the water began backing up. After investigating, I was able to find the potato skins clogged up in the pipe just before it went back in to...

View more questions Search