Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    joser818 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 16, 2008, 09:35 AM
    Dui probation
    Can I leave the state of California while on probation for a dui to visit Nicaragua?
    IM4U Posts: 156, Reputation: 16

Jun 16, 2008, 10:28 AM
    joser818,

Welcome to ask me help desk. I'm new here also.

It may be wise to talk with your probation officer on this question. This person should be familiar with both the laws in general and your situation in specific.

Let me encourage you to get the info you need and comply with it. Your trip may be very important to you, but working through your present situation with the court is very important also.

I believe my suggestion will be a good way for you to...
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jun 16, 2008, 10:52 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by joser818
    can i leave the state of california while on probation for a dui to visit Nicaragua?

With the permission of your PO -
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Jun 16, 2008, 11:56 AM
    Definitely seek the written permission of your PO to not only leave the state but the country otherwise when you do try to return you will be detained and held for a probation violation hearing. Carry that paperwork with you at all times when out of the state until you return back.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Jun 16, 2008, 11:56 AM
    Definitely seek the written permission of your PO to not only leave the state but the country otherwise when you do try to return you will be detained and held for a probation violation hearing. Carry that paperwork with you at all times when out of the state until you return back.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Reporting probation in Ohio to Non reporting probation in Florida [ 3 Answers ]

In June 2006 I was sentenced to 5 years probation in Ohio. In Ohio I could travel anywhere in the state without permission. I moved to Florida in September 2007. In Florida I cannot leave the county without permission. I asked my Florida PO about non-reporting probation. I was told that Florida has...

Summary probation vs. Formal probation [ 2 Answers ]

If I arrested for under the influence of controlled substance and I'm on summary probation, Would I still be charged with violation of probation the same as if I were on formal probation?

Should someone on Probation be? [ 2 Answers ]

Running a gambling site on the internet?

DUI and probation [ 2 Answers ]

My Boyfriend Got Arrested For A Dui He Is On Probation For 3 Years He Got 18 More Months To Do.he Refuse To Take That Breathing Test ,will He Get Revoked Is His First Dui.

Probation [ 4 Answers ]

My husband is on probation for a misdemeanor violation (possession of marijuana). He has paid all fines, but has 24 hours of comminuty service to do. He has not done the community service yet because the county tells him when and where he can do community service. They have conveniently chosen a...

View more questions Search