Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    laserwiz Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Mar 13, 2006, 03:47 PM
    Suzuki Marauder Engine noise
    Hi,
    I own a 1997 Suzuki Marauder. This is the VZ800 engine similar to the Intruder. I purchased it new and have about 12,000 miles. I have maintained the bike very well (above what is required). About a year ago I have heard a rattling sound coming from the lower front part of the engine. This noise only seems to present itself A) when the engine is cold AND B) on deceleration. I have been reluctant to take it into a shop since the problem doesn't sound too severe but it does seem to be getting louder. Does anyone have a clue as to what may cause this problem?
    Melinda Posts: 102, Reputation: 20

Mar 22, 2006, 08:58 AM
    This seems silly, but check your pipes, we had problems with a noise also, same as you, same place or so it seemed, they are notorious for this rattling in the pipes... I know hubby welded something inside and all was quiet again.
    laserwiz Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Mar 22, 2006, 10:42 AM
    Hi Melinda,
    Thanks for the info. If your hubby would like to elaborate I would appreciate it.
    Melinda Posts: 102, Reputation: 20

Mar 22, 2006, 05:48 PM
    OK, your tail pipe/pipes, consist of the exhaust and the chrome covering, there are clips inside that hold them together, well the clips break or come apart... you get this rattling noise... Marauders are famous for it, how he repaired his is this (cheaper than buying new ones) on the chrome cover, closest to the bike so it doesn't show, he drilled a small hole, welded a nut on it and thread a bolt through it till he was touching the actual exhaust, this held it steady and no more rattling. Hope this helped.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Toilet noise [ 1 Answers ]

My toilet bowl has suddenly started making noise. Every few minutes, it makes a clicking noise. The noise sounds kind of like a kernel of popcorn has popped. What could cause this and what can I do to fix it? Thanks.:)

Engine making a grinding noise [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 97 honda civic with auto transmission. I noticed today when I reved the engine that when I let off the gas the engine made a very slight grinding noise. I was in park so I don't think it would be the transmission. While driving the car I have had no problems at all. Any ideas on what may...

1994 Civic - Check Engine "Orange" lamp and Engine revs when idling [ 1 Answers ]

Two questions realting to my Honda Civic ESI - 1994 model. 1) When I turn on the ignition key there is a Check Engine lamp displayed in Orange which is remaining On for progressively longer. Car not be started until this light disappears. Eventually after 3-5 seconds light turns off and engine...

95 Honda civic engine noise [ 1 Answers ]

Hi Everybody My 95 Honda Civic engine used to some noise when started during the winter which goes like " kat kat kat ...". When the engine warmed up this would go away. But now I get the sound even on a warm day and even after I have driven miles. What could be the problem and how can I solve it...

View more questions Search