Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    christh Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 16, 2008, 04:28 AM
    Asus L3500H - No Sound - Advanced
    Hi

I've been trying to crack this for 3 days solid and no joy so far - hopefully somebody may have a solution.

For the record I have

Asus L3500H Laptop
    Windows 2K
    SIS 7012 Audio
    Windows Media and Quicktime.

I have run through everything I can think to to solve this

The volume is not muted/low in either windows audio or via the Fn key
    No errors in Device Manager - it claims that all is well
    Updated driver from Asus - part of the problem?

It may help to know I have installed for diagnostics

Everst
    Glary Registery Repair
    CCleanup
    DirectX Diagnostics tool - USLESS! "press here to test - did you hear a sound? "No" - it gives up---very helpful

From a History point I had sound, it then went to almost a whisper and I then updated to the latest Asus/SIS driver and now no sound at all - Even the headphone jack produces a very quiet mumble.

I've rolled back to what I think was the original driver but still no joy.

Any ideas greatly, greatly appreciated as I am stumped...

Thanks

Chris
    christh Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 16, 2008, 04:44 AM
    Ignore the post below - I AM A FOOL!

For the record the Asus have a physical volume control on the top left of the laptop in addition to the Fn keys - if it's pressed in it is muted without showing on any of the software volume controls...

Thanks anyway

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Google advanced advanced search [ 2 Answers ]

I understand that not all special operators work together in Google advanced searching... How can I do a Google search for webpages containing a word in the url AND a term on the page? For example, at stgabrielradio.com homepage is the term "monsignor lane". ... so if I were searching for...

Asus G1 Laptop Trouble [ 1 Answers ]

Hello about two days ago my laptop Fell on the floor and sense then I get a Blue screen every time I try and start up my computer, it usually restarted to fast to view the error message so after trying to use my Recovery CD supplyed by my computer company, it gave me abunch of error messages, so I...

Asus dvd-rom not reading cd only reads dvd [ 0 Answers ]

Hi guys! I'm having a bit of problem with my asus dvd-rom,it use to read all CDs and DVDs but I installed MAGICDISC,and ISOBUSTER and since then it only reads DVDs but not any CDs. Ihave uninstalled the MAGICDISC and ISOBUSTER but it still will not read ANY CDs. If anyone could help me to fix...

No sound, asus mother board built in sound card [ 16 Answers ]

My comp plays no sounds. All drivers are installed and I have re installed them 2. Its well annoyin. Any help with this would be great. Thanks

Asus K8V SE deluxe motherboard [ 4 Answers ]

Can anyone help me please? I have recently installed a new Asus K8V SE deluxemotherboard and AMD Athlon 64 CPU but can't get any image on the monitor - I have tried 3 monitors now. The graphics card is Tornado GeForce 2 MX400 (64MB, AGP). I have 512MB memory installed. I am wondering if the...

View more questions Search