Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    plonak Posts: 742, Reputation: 117

Jul 1, 2008, 11:26 AM
    I really really believe that we all have to learn our lessons on our own first hand.. yes, people can give advice, but it really comes down to us learning through our own experiences.. sooo.. don't feel guilty guys when you break the no contact, it's all a learning process

My ex and I are "talking" now, not sure if it's good, not sure if I'm going to get burned in the end, but it helps to know that all of you here are going through the same kind of things.. and that no matter what happens I'll be OK and I have support through my friends, family and you guys.
    Boristheblade Posts: 141, Reputation: 17

Jul 1, 2008, 12:19 PM
    I was doing well- 2 weeks of NC and I was OK until my ex text me, and said things to me after arguing like, "you're the best thing to ever happen to me", only to tell me the next day to move on and maybe get a new boyfriend. *SIGH* back to square one emotionally, I felt so happy but it was false hope. NC starts all over again. DAY 1. :(
    plonak Posts: 742, Reputation: 117

Jul 1, 2008, 12:25 PM
    You're not starting over emotionally.. it's all about the process.. sure you're going to feel really crappy for the next couple of days, but you will feel better again, and sooner then the first time.. don't be hard on yourself and know that everyday that goes by even if you contact them or not is one step closer to your healing.

Jul 1, 2008, 12:30 PM
    Thank you x
    f104 Posts: 123, Reputation: 7

Jul 1, 2008, 05:41 PM
    Jiltedgirl
    NNG
    Classicrocker
    Hjpan and all others thanks for all of your support. It does seem that NC is a process. It seems that NC for many of us happens over time. We seem to have periods of NC and then we have relapse and start all over again. I am thankful that all you guys are here.
    hjpan Posts: 902, Reputation: 29

Jul 1, 2008, 09:18 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by f104
    Jiltedgirl
    NNG
    Classicrocker
    Hjpan and all others thanks for all of your support. It does seem that NC is a process. It seems that NC for many of us happens over time. We seem to have periods of NC and then we have relapse and start all over again. I am thankful that all you guys are here.
    Not at all. I am looking forward to get my education and training so I can start having 5 figure income :D

Jul 2, 2008, 04:26 AM
    Plonak and Blade it is good to see you guys.

Hjpan go for dude. 5 figures would be good indeed.

Jul 2, 2008, 06:07 AM
    Guess we're all in this together

X

Jul 2, 2008, 09:03 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by f104
    Plonak and Blade it is good to see you guys.

Hjpan go for dude. 5 figures would be good indeed.
    Especially when I'm going to become 2nd year as university student.. LoL

Yep~ I need to work hard to achieve :)

@every1 else: hit the beaches :)~ guarantee there are hotties =]!

jiltedgirl Posts: 125, Reputation: 23

Jul 2, 2008, 06:22 PM
    :( I'm feeling really down today. I have the urge to keep our correspondence going, but I haven't because I need to let go of the hope and possibility that we will be anything more than friends when we get back to school this fall. He told me himself that he didn't want to "give me any hope" so I was okay with us being done. I didn't hold onto any hope. But, him telling me to visit him and that the summer won't have seemed that long or a big deal when we see each other again in the fall has made me dangerously hope again.

I think I kept responding before because in a small way, I wanted him to follow through with the bs he fed me. I didn't want him to forget about me. Feelings are so fickle. For all I know, he could find someone else and so could I, if I was looking. As a result, now I'm even MORE adamant to stay with NC. I'm not off to very good start. I've been moping around, unable to do any work. I know it'll pass and I'll get over it, but it just really sucks right now.

I saw that he's planning to take a trip somewhere and it hurt that he was "too busy with work" to want a relationship with me, yet he has time to jet off somewhere for fun.

Jul 2, 2008, 06:46 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jiltedgirl
    :( I'm feeling really down today. I have the urge to keep our correspondence going, but I haven't because I need to let go of the hope and possibility that we will be anything more than friends when we get back to school this fall. He told me himself that he didn't want to "give me any hope" so I was okay with us being done. I didn't hold onto any hope. But, him telling me to visit him and that the summer wont have seemed that long or a big deal when we see each other again in the fall has made me dangerously hope again.

I think I kept responding before because in a small way, I wanted him to follow through with the bs he fed me. I didn't want him to forget about me. Feelings are so fickle. For all I know, he could find someone else and so could I, if I was looking. As a result, now I'm even MORE adamant to stay with NC. I'm not off to very good start. I've been moping around, unable to do any work. I know it'll pass and I'll get over it, but it just really sucks right now.

I saw that he's planning to take a trip somewhere and it hurt that he was "too busy with work" to want a relationship with me, yet he has time to jet off somewhere for fun.
    Go to his work place with a new boyfriend :D?

Jul 2, 2008, 07:12 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by hjpan
    Go to his work place with a new boyfriend :D?
    Hahaha. I wish.. :rolleyes:.. but that's not a nice thing to do. Man, I don't even know why I like that stupid idiot. Oh well...

Jul 2, 2008, 07:15 PM
    :( I'm feeling really down today. I have the urge to keep our correspondence going, but I haven't because I need to let go of the hope and possibility that we will be anything more than friends when we get back to school this fall. He told me himself that he didn't want to "give me any hope" so I was okay with us being done. I didn't hold onto any hope. But, him telling me to visit him and that the summer wont have seemed that long or a big deal when we see each other again in the fall has made me dangerously hope again.

Hi Jilted. Hope is a killer. I too am going through the same thing. I am meant to meet my ex next week. I was miserable during almost 2 weeks of NC but I felt I was making progress. Now that she and I have been e-mailing and have talked a couple of times over the past 3 weeks I again have hope.

NC is best I guess but it is not easy. I hope things get better for you.

Jul 2, 2008, 09:26 PM
    hahaha. i wish..:rolleyes:..but that's not a nice thing to do. man, i don't even know why i like that stupid idiot. oh well...
    Hahaha~

Jul 2, 2008, 09:29 PM
    hahaha. i wish..:rolleyes:..but that's not a nice thing to do. man, i don't even know why i like that stupid idiot. oh well...
    Hahaha~
    Well, just remember you can "guilt-trip" your ex since he's guilt-tripping you
    spion_kop Posts: 48, Reputation: 9

Jul 3, 2008, 03:12 AM
    Hey guys, so while I was sleeping last night, my ex called me at like 1 in the morning. At first I didn't even get up to check my phone but then later on I checked my cell and I recognized her number. She called the second time around and I ignored the call.

I have no idea what's going on with her, but clearly when she mentioned that she wouldn't message/call me anymore, it was a lie.
    Maybe she got into a fight with her boyfriend etc I unno but I isn't going to be a doormat

Jul 3, 2008, 11:07 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by spion_kop
    hey guys, so while i was sleeping last night, my ex called me at like 1 in the morning. At first i didnt even get up to check my phone but then later on i checked my cell and i recognized her number. She called the second time around and i ignored the call.

I have no idea what's going on with her, but clearly when she mentioned that she wouldnt message/call me anymore, it was a lie.
    Maybe she got into a fight with her bf etc i unno but i aint gonna be a doormat
    Hey spion... keep it up!

I responded to the ex and no reply. :mad: I'm really disappointed in myself. I'm trying though!
    chuff Posts: 3,397, Reputation: 1235
    Ultra Member

Jul 3, 2008, 12:32 PM
    All right, So, I haven't talked to her for a month or so I'd guess. I'm not really sure, it's been a while. We've avoided each other but today she comes in for businesses purposes and we are just making random chit chat about nothing. Then out of the blue she says, "my sister said to tell you hello." I thought that strange since we don't even talk anymore and further that meant I had to come up in conversation at some point. So I just said "tell her hello back." Then she says jokingly but still oddly, "Oh so your cheating on me with my own sister, that's sick." I just said, "Well she's been wanting me for a long time, why not give it to her." Again this was joking and she drops her jaw and gives me this strange look. She then wished me a good weekend and that was it.

Jul 3, 2008, 01:50 PM
    Jilted do not be too hard on yourself. I am still hoping to see my ex next week.
    zooropa1985 Posts: 255, Reputation: 43

Jul 3, 2008, 02:11 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by chuff
    Alright, So, I haven't talked to her for a month or so I'd guess. I'm not really sure, it's been a while. We've avoided each other but today she comes in for businesses purposes and we are just making random chit chat about nothing. Then out of the blue she says, "my sister said to tell you hello." I thought that strange since we don't even talk anymore and further that meant I had to come up in conversation at some point. So I just said "tell her hello back." Then she says jokingly but still oddly, "Oh so your cheating on me with my own sister, that's sick." I just said, "Well she's been wanting me for a long time, why not give it to her." Again this was joking and she drops her jaw and gives me this strange look. She then wished me a good weekend and that was it.
    One word my friend

Women

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Fitness Calendar [ 2 Answers ]

I figure that a lot of us here are working out, dieting, and exercising... so why not start a thread where people can discuss their success stories, what they ate, what they did, how long it took them, etc? I am a 22 year old college student (2 weeks left!) and at 5'8", I weighed 178 in December...

The NC Calendar [ 1499 Answers ]

I just had this idea after reading Mik's post. How about if we use this thread to count the NC days, all of us? Each one would mention how long he/she's been maintaining the NC period and how he/she feels with time. Maybe in some way this can help us all (including me)? This is my first...

Need Calendar Ideas [ 12 Answers ]

I'm not sure this is in the right spot, but it seemed appropriate. I make calendars at work for the various work stations (about 20). Each year I try to do a graphic that incorparates as many of the staff as I can. Last year I had a Christmas tree and the ornaments were their faces, for...

Calendar boys? [ 3 Answers ]

Does anyone remember an obscure 80's or 90's movie about a swim team that has to make some money so they sell calendars?? It was a male calender that some friends put together and were selling at a school café ot something like that.

View more questions Search