Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hjpan Posts: 902, Reputation: 29

Jun 23, 2008, 05:33 PM
    anyways... I'm still confused about letting go of my ex =/

any help?
    I started exercising.. lost 10lbs in about 2 weeks..eating less.. drinking more alcohol
    classicrocker Posts: 26, Reputation: 4

Jun 23, 2008, 06:50 PM
    Lol drink her away for abit.. I mean not sloppy drunk.. but causual/social drinking. Helps loosen you up when meeting new people.
    bigbird213 Posts: 681, Reputation: 110

Jun 23, 2008, 06:57 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by hjpan
    I started exercising.. lost 10lbs in about 2 weeks..eating less.. drinking more alcohol

A few words of advice...

First off, congrats on exercising - makes you feel better and if you keep it up it will make you feel better. Make sure you aren't doing it for anyone but yourself though, you're the only one worth it :)

If you are eating less to lose weight, just be careful. Your best bet is to eat healthier, not necessarily less. And drinking more alcohol isn't going to help you lose weight :)

Just some friendly suggestions - but whatever makes it easier for you is the right thing at this point (to an extent - no drugs :p)

Keep at it

Jun 23, 2008, 07:17 PM
    Thanks guys =]

I am planning to meet with a friend in LA on Saturday & probably drink..

I feel so frustrated that I am not a good boyfriend since I spend time in college than girls =/

Jun 23, 2008, 07:28 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by hjpan
    I feel so frustrated that I am not a good boyfriend since I spend time in college than girls =/
    Huh?

You mean you spend more time on school than you do on girls? That doesn't make you a bad boyfriend. In actuality, that makes you a good boyfriend beucase you are goal oriented and hard working toward the goals that you need to accomplish. A girl should be looking for someone who has a life of their own, just as you should be looking for a girl that is independent and confident in herself.

Jun 23, 2008, 07:33 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbird213
    Huh??

You mean you spend more time on school than you do on girls? That doesn't make you a bad boyfriend. In actuality, that makes you a good boyfriend beucase you are goal oriented and hard working toward the goals that you need to accomplish. A girl should be looking for someone who has a life of their own, just as you should be looking for a girl that is independent and confident in herself.
    I don't know why but many girls I have met like guys who party =/

Jun 23, 2008, 07:46 PM
    Well you could define party in many different ways.

I personally don't mind drinking, but I also don't mind not drinking. I could go to a party and have tons of fun being totally sober if everyone else is getting drunk. It really makes no difference to me. I like to have the option and not be pressured in either direction by anyone.

Its not about what your doing, its about how you make people feel.
    jrsg Posts: 560, Reputation: 67

Jun 23, 2008, 08:11 PM
    Hey,
    So I talked to my GIRLFRIEND today!
    We got back together...
    I never really used NC, but you guys were still here to support me every step of the way.
    Thanks,
    And I hope you don't mind if I hang around this thread to support you guys in your NC!
    Thanks again

Jun 23, 2008, 08:13 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbird213
    Well you could define party in many different ways.

I personally dont mind drinking, but I also don't mind not drinking. I could go to a party and have tons of fun being totally sober if everyone else is getting drunk. It really makes no difference to me. I like to have the option and not be pressured in either direction by anyone.

Its not about what your doing, its about how you make people feel.
    Yeh... college girls usually define party as in lots of alcohol, some music, and passing out/throwing up...

then some one-night-fuqing-stand
    NorthernNiceGuy Posts: 238, Reputation: 75

Jun 23, 2008, 09:52 PM
    Seems like everyone on here is getting back together... haha. Best of luck to all of you though. Just interesting to watch. So BB, is it just you and I now?? Haha

Jun 23, 2008, 10:43 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by NorthernNiceGuy
    seems like everyone on here is getting back together.... haha. Best of luck to all of you though. Just interesting to watch. So BB, is it just you and I now???? haha

Forgot me.
    jiltedgirl Posts: 125, Reputation: 23

Jun 23, 2008, 10:54 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by NorthernNiceGuy
    seems like everyone on here is getting back together.... haha. Best of luck to all of you though. Just interesting to watch. So BB, is it just you and I now???? haha
    Don't plan on getting back together regardless of the fake drivel/bs that spews out of his mouth. Ever.

You can still count me in. NC--woooot. Lol. :rolleyes:

Jun 23, 2008, 11:08 PM
    BigBird, NorthernNiceGuy, jiltedgirl, & hjp..

we're in the same boat =O
    classicrocker Posts: 26, Reputation: 4

Jun 24, 2008, 12:52 AM
    Don't forget the classicrocker, he's still rolling down the road of NC.
    jpm247 Posts: 88, Reputation: 18

Jun 24, 2008, 01:44 AM
    I'm still here guys. Just been away from the net for a few days. Me and my ex are in contact but nothing heavy. Just light contact at the moment. If she contacts me to say lets hang out, ill go from there, but until then I'm all good and doing OK.

Kind of realised that if it doesn't happen again I'm cool with that, and I'm cool with it if it does.

Keep going all, and best of luck to those who are trying again. Keep us posted.

Northern and BB, keep up the good work.
    jammyb Posts: 18, Reputation: 3

Jun 24, 2008, 02:03 AM
    Im well and truly on the NC path. It'd be a cold day in hell before I even spoke to my ex, let alone got back with her haha. Than again I am technically with someone else, if that counts.

Jun 24, 2008, 03:49 AM
    Yep the numbers sure are dwindling.

Finally snapped out of my funk, which is nice.

A little past two months now, and I'm hoping I'm further in then I have to go left. Only time will tell...

My mind still likes to bring back memories of us, theme seems to be intimate memories which hurt a bit. Not sure why my mind likes those so much, but they do suck because the natural progression is from my intimate memories to her "making new ones" with someone else. There goes the assumptions again...

How's everyone else been holding up?
    Numb Posts: 12, Reputation: 4

Jun 24, 2008, 04:15 AM
    You're most welcome bigbird, I'm glad to know that my post was of some help to you and anyone else.

My mind still likes to bring back memories of us, theme seems to be intimate memories which hurt a bit. Not sure why my mind likes those so much, but they do suck because the natural progression is from my intimate memories to her "making new ones" with someone else. There goes the assumptions again...
    It's perfectly normal. Your mind always digs up the memories of your last relation and it won't stop until you get into another relation. Just take it as a natural process, don't do anything about it, it's really normal and with time it won't bug you or anything. It's just the same thing with sex fantasies.. most of the times you remember your last sex partner.

So keep hanging on there with your head up :) Same goes to all the rest, good luck guys!
    zooropa1985 Posts: 255, Reputation: 43

Jun 24, 2008, 05:56 AM
    Hey guys I might be back with my ex but I'm sticking around because I want to support everyone and lets be honest, there's a chance I could be back here again sometime in the future.

I'm still here guys so count me in :)
    jrsg Posts: 560, Reputation: 67

Jun 24, 2008, 07:02 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by zooropa1985
    hey guys i might be back with my ex but im sticking around cos i want to support everyone and lets be honest, theres a chance i could be back here again sometime in the future.

im still here guys so count me in :)
    Same for me guys,
    I am in high school, I'll be back here hundreds of times before I find the 'one.' I am enjoying the relationship while it lasts. But who knows, maybe this will be one of those 3% of high school sweetheart relationships that make it through to marriage. Yeah, I looked up statistics...

But good luck with your NCs! And I'll hang around with Zoo to support you guys, and I may ask a little advice here and there if you don't mind.
    Thanks guys,
    And good luck

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Fitness Calendar [ 2 Answers ]

I figure that a lot of us here are working out, dieting, and exercising... so why not start a thread where people can discuss their success stories, what they ate, what they did, how long it took them, etc? I am a 22 year old college student (2 weeks left!) and at 5'8", I weighed 178 in December...

The NC Calendar [ 1499 Answers ]

I just had this idea after reading Mik's post. How about if we use this thread to count the NC days, all of us? Each one would mention how long he/she's been maintaining the NC period and how he/she feels with time. Maybe in some way this can help us all (including me)? This is my first...

Need Calendar Ideas [ 12 Answers ]

I'm not sure this is in the right spot, but it seemed appropriate. I make calendars at work for the various work stations (about 20). Each year I try to do a graphic that incorparates as many of the staff as I can. Last year I had a Christmas tree and the ornaments were their faces, for...

Calendar boys? [ 3 Answers ]

Does anyone remember an obscure 80's or 90's movie about a swim team that has to make some money so they sell calendars?? It was a male calender that some friends put together and were selling at a school café ot something like that.

View more questions Search