Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jolienoire Posts: 917, Reputation: 166

May 30, 2008, 12:15 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by chuff
    Come on now, I can't blow this by showing you what I look like. Then you'll never talk to me.
    Oh stop it... I found the clown pic to be very attractive!lol
    chuff Posts: 3,397, Reputation: 1235
    Ultra Member

May 30, 2008, 12:26 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jolienoire
    Oh stop it.... I found the clown pic to be very attractive!lol
    Okay Jolie, if you like the clown face then prepared to be scared by this...
    Attached Images

losingit77 Posts: 105, Reputation: 31

May 30, 2008, 12:29 PM
    God is everyone on here from New Jersey! I'm in Jersey City. Hudson County representing!

May 30, 2008, 12:34 PM
    Okay Jolie, if you like the clown face then prepared to be scared by this ........

You are handsome, your ex is an idiot! And your funny, and you give awesome advice! :D I like you much better than the clown!

May 30, 2008, 12:35 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by losingit77
    God is everyone on here from New Jersey! I'm in Jersey City. Hudson County representing!

Hey losingit are you going to the fair? Wow more NJersians!
    Ultra Member

May 30, 2008, 12:44 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jolienoire
    You are handsome, your ex is an idiot! and your funny, and you give awesome advice! :D I like you much better than the clown!
    That's strange, most people tell me to go put the clown face back on. Are you taking any medications?

May 30, 2008, 12:58 PM
    Are you taking any medications?
    No not today! I am medication free.
    NorthernNiceGuy Posts: 238, Reputation: 75

May 30, 2008, 01:08 PM
    Maybe I will upload my pic too, we could turn this thread into a dating service lol

May 30, 2008, 01:24 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by NorthernNiceGuy
    maybe I will upload my pic too, we could turn this thread into a dating service lol

Lol it would be great to see what everyone looks like!
    zooropa1985 Posts: 255, Reputation: 43

May 30, 2008, 01:56 PM
    Well my avatar is my pic :)
    classicrocker Posts: 26, Reputation: 4

May 30, 2008, 02:02 PM
    OK but lets just start with a view from behind shall we

May 30, 2008, 02:06 PM
    Nice back drop!
    classicrocker Posts: 26, Reputation: 4

May 30, 2008, 03:26 PM
    Back drop?? That was on mission bay in san diego California
    spion_kop Posts: 48, Reputation: 9

May 30, 2008, 03:46 PM
    I got this forwarded to me from my ex's sister.
    I didn't ask for this and remember that she is seeing someone

"so today would have been my 2 yrs and 11 months with spion_kop...and next month will be 3 ing years..

screw love, i never want to fall in love again!

u know, the number 29 will haunt me for the rest of my ing life! every month on the 29th ill be like "well this would have been my 10 yr and 2 month anniversary with spion_kop..." guhhh!

anyways im bitter

I don't understand why she sent this to me nor can I grasp the full idea of the message.

So far NC has been great for me, I should be avoiding these types of emails but ugh..

May 30, 2008, 04:00 PM
    Well, I broke NC! But I'm remarkably okay.

For some reason, I guess I felt like testing the waters to see how good I actually am.

I called him and his phone was off so it went right to voicemail. Just left a message saying hi, just wanted to see how you were doing, I'll try you again some other time. I instantly regretted it.

2 minutes later he called me back. I didn't answer cause I was afraid. Then he called again twice within 5 minutes. I waited a half hour and decided, OK, losingit, just do it. So, I called him.

He was happy to hear from me. We chatted about what we were up to... blah blah blah. Talked for about 15 minutes and then, I was like "ok, let me go..i have to get in the shower". He asked if I wanted him to call me later I said "no, that's ok. i'm going out tonight."

We hung up. He texted me then and said "what a pleasant surprise it was to hear from you. it was really good to talk. I'm happy we were able 2 speak. Thank you, losingit."

I have zero hope of us ever getting back together and know that us together is not the right thing. And honestly, the phone conversation didn't really bring back any "butterfly" feelings or anything. It was more just like talking to an old acquaintance you haven't spoken to in a while.

If anything, the phone conversation made me feel and realize that my feelings for him perhaps have started to diminish. And that I really am on the right track to healing. (I don't advocate breaking NC to anyone though as I probably would have been just as fine if not better had I not contacted him).

Anyway, I don't plan on speaking to him again for a long while. I don't want to tempt fate and let myself get pulled back into all that.
    spion_kop Posts: 48, Reputation: 9

May 30, 2008, 04:05 PM
    losingit77, it seems like you're more and more in control of yourself. That's great to see, especially by testing the water to see where you are in your recovery. It's always good to know where you stand as it can help you with your progress.
    Keep up the good work and stay calm. It was good to hear that you didn't talk about your relationship and just focused on catching up.

May 30, 2008, 04:13 PM
    Thanks, spion_kop. That's exactly how I'm starting to feel again. Like I have "control" of myself. Its good to start to feel like I have that back.

But, I'm not going to pat myself on the back too much. Back to NC.
    Ultra Member

May 30, 2008, 04:56 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by spion_kop
    I got this forwarded to me from my ex's sister.
    I didnt ask for this and remember that she is seeing someone

"so today would have been my 2 yrs and 11 months with spion_kop...and next month will be 3 ing years..

screw love, i never want to fall in love again!

u know, the number 29 will haunt me for the rest of my ing life! every month on the 29th ill be like "well this would have been my 10 yr and 2 month anniversary with spion_kop..." guhhh!

anyways im bitter

I dont understand why she sent this to me nor can i grasp the full idea of the message.

So far NC has been great for me, i should be avoiding these types of emails but ugh..
    Okay maybe I'm way off base here and I apologize for making this suggestion if it turns out not be true, but this sounds like a "feeler" put out there by your ex. She doesn't want to approach you and admit she's a loser who left you, and she doesn't want to get caught approaching you if she is seeing someone else. But maybe her fling was not exactly what she thought it would be, so now she wants to come back to you. She can't approach you so she sends this to her sister, who then forwards it to you under the guise of "my sister doesn't know I'm sending this blah blah blah."

I in no way am telling you to make contact with her, but I'm thinking she's starting to realize what she had and now is faced with the reality of dealing with... and perhaps trying to get it back. To me this seems like you are "winning" the game of who can get over who and I think it's driving her nuts to know that you are stronger then she gave you credit for.
    Ultra Member

May 30, 2008, 08:58 PM
    Today is turning out to be not such a good day... I am drunk so forgive this post if it is not apprioate but I just found out my friend died of a brain aneurism. He was only 33 and left behind his wife and a 5 year old little girl. Sometimes we get caught up in our own personal issues and we don't even see that real problems are happening. His little one is such a sweetie that I can't even believe I'm sitting here feeling bad about what happened to me today. That will pass while this little one may never come to terms with what happened or at least at this age.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

May 30, 2008, 11:18 PM
    Kind of put life in a different perspective, and sorry for your loss.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Fitness Calendar [ 2 Answers ]

I figure that a lot of us here are working out, dieting, and exercising... so why not start a thread where people can discuss their success stories, what they ate, what they did, how long it took them, etc? I am a 22 year old college student (2 weeks left!) and at 5'8", I weighed 178 in December...

The NC Calendar [ 1499 Answers ]

I just had this idea after reading Mik's post. How about if we use this thread to count the NC days, all of us? Each one would mention how long he/she's been maintaining the NC period and how he/she feels with time. Maybe in some way this can help us all (including me)? This is my first...

Need Calendar Ideas [ 12 Answers ]

I'm not sure this is in the right spot, but it seemed appropriate. I make calendars at work for the various work stations (about 20). Each year I try to do a graphic that incorparates as many of the staff as I can. Last year I had a Christmas tree and the ornaments were their faces, for...

Calendar boys? [ 3 Answers ]

Does anyone remember an obscure 80's or 90's movie about a swim team that has to make some money so they sell calendars?? It was a male calender that some friends put together and were selling at a school café ot something like that.

View more questions Search