Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    RUMPLE56 Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Jun 16, 2008, 01:34 AM
    Pool pressure increase
    I've got a problem with my in ground pool filter and pump pressure.

I changed the sand last fall. This year when I run the pump, it will start at around 15-18 lbs of pressure. Then it will gradually rise to about 35 psi.

I've backwashed several times and rinse the system each time. It will be good for maybe 10 minutes then climb right back up to 35 psi.

I notice it the worst when I'm trying to clean the pool with the vaccuum.

Oh yeah, I did change out the inside valve gasket on the selector.

Thank you
    Rumple
    Credendovidis Posts: 1,593, Reputation: 66
    -

Jun 16, 2008, 02:16 AM
    The problem may be in the sand mix, with most probably too many very tiny sand grains that slowly block up water passage through the filter. Try replacing the sand !

Success !
    RUMPLE56 Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Jun 16, 2008, 03:34 AM
    Do you mean the sand is maybe to fine? So I need to find a coarser media?

Thanks
    Rumple

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Increase water pressure from a well [ 64 Answers ]

Hello again, this is my third trip here, and both previous sessions were very helpful. I've just purchased a new house that is supplied by a well. There is a pump at the bottom of the well (I see an electrical wire going toward the well head). The pipe from the well feeds into a pressure tank...

Bigger pressure tank or increase pressure? [ 5 Answers ]

I bought a new home and the builder had installed a 20 gal pressure tank. I have a jet pump system where the motor sits directly on the tank itself. I really notice the pump running a bit,but also notice the loss of pressure quickly, especially in the shower. Now I was thinking of buying a much...

How do I increase water pressure with my well? [ 2 Answers ]

How do I increase water pressure? I am on a well with a pressure tank. My water pressure seems low. What should it be and how can I increase it?

Increase water pressure with well system [ 1 Answers ]

I'm wanting to increase my water pressure in my house. I am on a well system with at controld device inline right after my pressure gauge and well tank with bladder. I saw an article that someone else ask about this, where you all gave instructions on increasing the water pressure by turning the...

How do I increase water pressure from a well? [ 1 Answers ]

Greetings, My mothers' house is about 22 years old, with a well, pvc piping, 4 year old hot water heater, and 3 bathrooms. Water pressure has gone down gradually over the years, to the point where a shower is a frustrating experience. Would you guys be kind enough to give me a checklist of...

View more questions Search