Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Will144 Posts: 32, Reputation: -4

Mar 20, 2007, 02:52 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Morganite
    Discrete means separate and distinct.

I am pleased that you have the Bible, but then so have I, and so have millions of others. That still leaves my question to you unanswered. What did Jesus mean when he said, "Ye shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free." If you do not have the truth, how are you (or anyone) free from error and false belief?

M:)
    The truth is The New Covenant (Jn 6:53, Mt 6:17-26, Lk 22:15-20). That is the truth. If God opens your eyes to understand the scriptures, not have knowledge of them, but understand the scriptures and God's purpose for us. You will see that The New Covenant, in other words, The Passover is the truth. It is the only way we can be raised up at the last day. That is the truth. And through the Passover we are set free of sins as long as we keep the Passover, the feasts of God and the Sabbath. Yes, that is the only truth Jesus left all over the bible, but yet man chooses to ignore and come up with their own concepts and ''discretes''.
    Morganite Posts: 863, Reputation: 86

Mar 20, 2007, 08:25 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Will144
    The truth is The New Covenant (Jn 6:53, Mt 6:17-26, Lk 22:15-20). That is the truth. If God opens your eyes to understand the scriptures, not have knowledge of them, but understand the scriptures and God's purpose for us. You will see that The New Covenant, in other words, The Passover is the truth. It is the only way we can be raised up at the last day. That is the truth. And through the Passover we are set free of sins as long as we keep the Passover, the feasts of God and the Sabbath. Yes, that is the only truth Jesus left all over the bible, but yet man chooses to ignore and come up with their own concepts and ''discretes''.
    I have read what you have to say about Jesus and pesach but I cannot follow your line of argument or reasoning. It seems to me that you make vast leaps of logic based on little real evidence of connection.

Do I read you right when it appears to me that you totally discount the crucifixion as a meaningless piece of theatre that contributes nothing to mankind's forgiveness, atonement, and salvation?

Mar 22, 2007, 06:11 PM
    I have read what you have to say about Jesus and pesach but I cannot follow your line of argument or reasoning. It seems to me that you make vast leaps of logic based on little real evidence of connection.

Do I read you right when it appears to me that you totally discount the crucifixion as a meaningless piece of theatre that contributes nothing to mankind's forgiveness, atonement, and salvation?

Jesus celebrated Passover right before the crucifixion. He died for our sins but he eagerly wanted to eat the Passover where can obtain the forgiveness of sins. Do you think it is fair that he died once and then we all get to sin as much as we want and be forgiven? No way, He came and established the new covenant and fulfilled the prophecies by being crucified. We need to celebrate the Passover to have forgiveness of sins. The crucifixion is important by he said to celebrate the Passover. Therefore, we must obey, shouldn't we?
    galveston Posts: 451, Reputation: 60

Mar 22, 2007, 07:01 PM
    Jesus celebrated Passover right before the crucifixion. He died for our sins but he eagerly wanted to eat the Passover where can obtain the forgiveness of sins. Do you think it is fair that he died once and then we all get to sin as much as we want and be forgiven? No way, He came and established the new covenant and fulfilled the prophecies by being crucified. We need to celebrate the Passover to have forgiveness of sins. The crucifixion is important by he said to celebrate the Passover. therefore, we must obey, shouldn't we?
    I asked this question in another thread. Are you saying that we have to keep one or more points of the "Law" in order to be saved?

Mar 22, 2007, 08:41 PM
    discrete. No need for "discrete" when you have the bible. I do not have the truth, God knows the truth. I myself have no truth,in fact, no men has the truth; but I follow the truth because it has been given to me freely, therefore freely i have to deliver it. I preach the truth because it is God's will that we deliver if we find the truth.

The Church that Jesus Christ established 2,000 years ago which has been raised up again by God's will has the truth. And this church has the very truth. Specially the truth of the New Covenant (The Passover) .
    Pardon me, Will, but if, as you say above, you do not have the truth, then how can you preach the truth?

What is the name of this new cult?

Mar 22, 2007, 08:54 PM
    Jesus celebrated Passover right before the crucifixion. He died for our sins but he eagerly wanted to eat the Passover where can obtain the forgiveness of sins. Do you think it is fair that he died once and then we all get to sin as much as we want and be forgiven? No way, He came and established the new covenant and fulfilled the prophecies by being crucified. We need to celebrate the Passover to have forgiveness of sins. The crucifixion is important by he said to celebrate the Passover. therefore, we must obey, shouldn't we?

What is there about the meal Jesus ate with the Twelve in the uppper room that forces you to conclude that this was a Passover meal? In the synoptic gospels Jesus, it is said, eats a passover meal before his passion, but in John's gospel he doesn't. The last supper recorded in John;s gospel is actually eaten before the beginning of pesach.

Jesus did not say "Celebrate pesach." That is wildly inaccurate and distorts the scriptural records.

What Jesus did was to institute a memorial meal, "This do in remembrance of me, etc ... " He makes no mention of pesach.

John Chapter 13
    John 13:1
    1 ¶ NOW before the feast of the passover, when Jesus knew that his hour was come that he should depart out of this world unto the Father, having loved his own which were in the world, he loved them unto the end.

John 13:2
    2 And supper being ended,
    the devil having now put into the heart of Judas Iscariot, Simon's [son], to betray him;

John 13:3
    3 Jesus knowing that the Father had given all things into his hands, and that he was come from God, and went to God;

John 13:4
    4 He riseth from supper, and laid aside his garments; and took a towel, and girded himself.

John 13:5
    5 After that he poureth water into a bason, and began to wash the disciples' feet, and to wipe [them] with the towel wherewith he was girded.

John 13:6
    6 Then cometh he to Simon Peter: and Peter saith unto him, Lord, dost thou wash my feet?

John 13:7
    7 Jesus answered and said unto him, What I do thou knowest not now; but thou shalt know hereafter.

John 13:8
    8 Peter saith unto him, Thou shalt never wash my feet. Jesus answered him, If I wash thee not, thou hast no part with me.

John 13:9
    9 Simon Peter saith unto him, Lord, not my feet only, but also [my] hands and [my] head.

John 13:10
    10 Jesus saith to him, He that is washed needeth not save to wash [his] feet, but is clean every whit: and ye are clean, but not all.

John 13:11
    11 For he knew who should betray him; therefore said he, Ye are not all clean.

John 13:12
    12 So after he had washed their feet, and had taken his garments, and was set down again, he said unto them, Know ye what I have done to you?

John 13:13
    13 Ye call me Master and Lord: and ye say well; for [so] I am.

John 13:14
    14 If I then, [your] Lord and Master, have washed your feet; ye also ought to wash one another's feet.

John 13:15
    15 For I have given you an example, that ye should do as I have done to you.

John 13:16
    16 Verily, verily, I say unto you, The servant is not greater than his lord; neither he that is sent greater than he that sent him.

John 13:17
    17 If ye know these things, happy are ye if ye do them.

John 13:18
    18 ¶ I speak not of you all: I know whom I have chosen: but that the scripture may be fulfilled, He that eateth bread with me hath lifted his heel against me.

John 13:19
    19 Now I tell you before it come, that, when it is come to pass, ye may believe that I am [he].

John 13:20
    20 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that receiveth whomsoever I send receiveth me; and he that receiveth me receiveth him that sent me.

John 13:21
    21 When Jesus had thus said, he was troubled in spirit, and testified, and said, Verily, verily, I say unto you, that one of you shall betray me.

John 13:22
    22 Then the disciples looked one on another, doubting of whom he spake.

John 13:23
    23 Now there was leaning on Jesus' bosom one of his disciples, whom Jesus loved.

John 13:24
    24 Simon Peter therefore beckoned to him, that he should ask who it should be of whom he spake.

John 13:25
    25 He then lying on Jesus' breast saith unto him, Lord, who is it?

John 13:26
    26 Jesus answered, He it is, to whom I shall give a sop, when I have dipped [it]. And when he had dipped the sop, he gave [it] to Judas Iscariot, [the son] of Simon.

John 13:27
    27 And after the sop Satan entered into him. Then said Jesus unto him, That thou doest, do quickly.

John 13:28
    28 Now no man at the table knew for what intent he spake this unto him.

John 13:29
    29 For some [of them] thought, because Judas had the bag, that Jesus had said unto him, Buy [those things] that we have need of against the feast; or, that he should give something to the poor.

John 13:30
    30 He then having received the sop went immediately out: and it was night.

John 13:31
    31 ¶ Therefore, when he was gone out, Jesus said, Now is the Son of man glorified, and God is glorified in him.

John 13:32
    32 If God be glorified in him, God shall also glorify him in himself, and shall straightway glorify him.

John 13:33
    33 Little children, yet a little while I am with you. Ye shall seek me: and as I said unto the Jews, Whither I go, ye cannot come; so now I say to you.

John 13:34
    34 A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another.

John 13:35
    35 By this shall all [men] know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another.

M:confused:RGANITE

Mar 23, 2007, 03:01 PM
    Pardon me, Will, but if, as you say above, you do not have the truth, then how can you preach the truth?

What is the name of this new cult?

It's a cult but yet I quoted everything that Jesus said? You call a cult a church that follows the teachings of Christ rather than man? I hope God opens your eyes to see the truth and not your own traditions. God Bless and take care.

Mar 23, 2007, 05:05 PM
    It's a cult but yet I quoted everything that Jesus said? You call a cult a church that follows the teachings of Christ rather than man? I hope God opens your eyes to see the truth and not your own traditions. God Bless and take care.
    Every church or religious ovement or group is a cult. Oxford English Dictionary.

The only change to that comes from mean Christians that use the word 'cult' solely in a pejorative sense. Christians are NEVER pejorative. NEVER.

What is your denomination?

I have no traditions but scripture. Sorry If I made you think I had. I don't know how that happened.

arcura Posts: 3,773, Reputation: 191
    Ultra Member

Apr 2, 2007, 10:19 PM
    I believe that when Jesus said that we should know the truth and it will make us free He was talking about what He (God the Son) would teach us via both word and deed.
    Every word He said; every thing He did all together (if we learn from them and follow them) will set us free from being enslaved by this world and being lost souls.
    Peace and kindness,
    Fred (arcura)
    fitnahpolice Posts: 29, Reputation: 0

Apr 19, 2007, 11:04 PM
    Jesus never proclaimed divinity for himself nor did he ask his followers to worship him. In fact he prayed to God himself like a true subservient slave. After Christ, the religion and texts were tampered with and there is clear evidence from the early centuries of the adding and expounding of books, e.g. Council of Nicea in the year 325.

The word Trinity cannot be found in the bible but it is mentioned in the Qur'an:

O people of the Scripture (Jews and Christians)! Do not exceed the limits in your religion, nor say of Allâh aught but the truth. The Messiah 'Iesa (Jesus), son of Maryam (Mary), was (no more than) a Messenger of Allâh and His Word, ("Be!" - and he was) which He bestowed on Maryam (Mary) and a spirit (Rûh)[] created by Him; so believe in Allâh and His Messengers. Say not: "Trinity!" Cease! (it is) better for you. For Allâh is (the only) One Ilâh (God), Glory be to Him (Far Exalted is He) above having a son. To Him belongs all that is in the heavens and all that is in the earth. And Allâh is All­Sufficient as a Disposer of affairs. [4:171]

Surely, disbelievers are those who said: "Allâh is the third of the three (in a Trinity)." But there is no ilâh (god) (none who has the right to be worshipped) but One Ilâh (God -Allâh). And if they cease not from what they say, verily, a painful torment will befall the disbelievers among them. [5:73]

Jesus (peace be upon him) had given glad tidings of Muhammad and it is binding now upon all Christians to follow him. Muslims believe Jesus to be one of the greatest of all messengers. We believe in his miracle birth, his healing the blind and the leper and his giving life to the dead with God's permission. But Jesus never claimed divinity for that would be against his mission. Nor was he crucified as Allah says in the Quran:

"And because of their saying (in boast). We killed Messiah 'Isa (Jesus), son of Maryam (Mary), the Messenger of Allah," -- but they killed him not, nor crucified him, but it appeared so unto them" [4:157]

Jesus was raised up by Allah and just like the Christians, muslims believe that he will return before the end of time. But this time not as a messenger but as a leader of the muslims following the commandments of the Qur'an the legislations laid down by Muhammad. He will be a proof against the Christians as described so eloquently in the Qur'an, Chapter 5:

116. And (remember) when Allâh will say (on the Day of Resurrection): "O 'Iesa (Jesus), son of Maryam (Mary)! Did you say unto men: 'Worship me and my mother as two gods besides Allâh?' " He will say: "Glory be to You! It was not for me to say what I had no right (to say). Had I said such a thing, You would surely have known it. You know what is in my inner­self though I do not know what is in Yours, truly, You, only You, are the All­Knower of all that is hidden and unseen.

117. "Never did I say to them aught except what You (Allâh) did command me to say: 'Worship Allâh, my Lord and your Lord.' And I was a witness over them while I dwelt amongst them, but when You took me up, You were the Watcher over them, and You are a Witness to all things. (This is a great admonition and warning to the Christians of the whole world).

118. "If You punish them, they are Your slaves, and if You forgive them, verily You, only You are the All­Mighty, the All­Wise."

119. Allâh will say: "This is a Day on which the truthful will profit from their truth: theirs are Gardens under which rivers flow (in Paradise) - they shall abide therein forever. Allâh is pleased with them and they with Him. That is the great success (Paradise).

120. To Allâh belongs the dominion of the heavens and the earth and all that is therein, and He is Able to do all things.
    Ultra Member

Apr 20, 2007, 12:12 PM
    fitnahpolice,
    I'm sorry, but Jesus did indicate his divinity several ways as has been shown in originally post of this thread.
    I believe that the Triune God is the one and only true God.
    The word trinity does NOT have to be in the bible to make it so.
    Or do you believe the silly notion that if something is not mentioned in the bible it does not exist?
    Peace and kindness,
    Fred
    Retrotia Posts: 163, Reputation: 19
    -

Apr 20, 2007, 03:24 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by fitnahpolice
    Jesus never proclaimed divinity for himself nor did he ask his followers to worship him. Infact he prayed to God himself like a true subservient slave. After Christ, the religion and texts were tampered with and there is clear evidence from the early centuries of the adding and expounding of books, e.g. Council of Nicea in the year 325.

The word Trinity cannot be found in the bible but it is mentioned in the Qur'an:

O people of the Scripture (Jews and Christians)! Do not exceed the limits in your religion, nor say of Allâh aught but the truth. The Messiah 'Iesa (Jesus), son of Maryam (Mary), was (no more than) a Messenger of Allâh and His Word, ("Be!" - and he was) which He bestowed on Maryam (Mary) and a spirit (Rûh)[] created by Him; so believe in Allâh and His Messengers. Say not: "Trinity!" Cease! (it is) better for you. For Allâh is (the only) One Ilâh (God), Glory be to Him (Far Exalted is He) above having a son. To Him belongs all that is in the heavens and all that is in the earth. And Allâh is All­Sufficient as a Disposer of affairs. [4:171]

Surely, disbelievers are those who said: "Allâh is the third of the three (in a Trinity)." But there is no ilâh (god) (none who has the right to be worshipped) but One Ilâh (God -Allâh). And if they cease not from what they say, verily, a painful torment will befall the disbelievers among them. [5:73]

Jesus (peace be upon him) had given glad tidings of Muhammad and it is binding now upon all Christians to follow him. Muslims believe Jesus to be one of the greatest of all messengers. We believe in his miracle birth, his healing the blind and the leper and his giving life to the dead with God's permission. But Jesus never claimed divinity for that would be against his mission. Nor was he crucified as Allah says in the Quran:

"And because of their saying (in boast). We killed Messiah 'Isa (Jesus), son of Maryam (Mary), the Messenger of Allah," -- but they killed him not, nor crucified him, but it appeared so unto them" [4:157]

Jesus was raised up by Allah and just like the Christians, muslims believe that he will return before the end of time. But this time not as a messenger but as a leader of the muslims following the commandments of the Qur'an the the legislations laid down by Muhammad. He will be a proof against the Christians as described so eloquently in the Qur'an, Chapter 5:

116. And (remember) when Allâh will say (on the Day of Resurrection): "O 'Iesa (Jesus), son of Maryam (Mary)! Did you say unto men: 'Worship me and my mother as two gods besides Allâh?' " He will say: "Glory be to You! It was not for me to say what I had no right (to say). Had I said such a thing, You would surely have known it. You know what is in my inner­self though I do not know what is in Yours, truly, You, only You, are the All­Knower of all that is hidden and unseen.

117. "Never did I say to them aught except what You (Allâh) did command me to say: 'Worship Allâh, my Lord and your Lord.' And I was a witness over them while I dwelt amongst them, but when You took me up, You were the Watcher over them, and You are a Witness to all things. (This is a great admonition and warning to the Christians of the whole world).

118. "If You punish them, they are Your slaves, and if You forgive them, verily You, only You are the All­Mighty, the All­Wise."

119. Allâh will say: "This is a Day on which the truthful will profit from their truth: theirs are Gardens under which rivers flow (in Paradise) - they shall abide therein forever. Allâh is pleased with them and they with Him. That is the great success (Paradise).

120. To Allâh belongs the dominion of the heavens and the earth and all that is therein, and He is Able to do all things.
    Yes, Jesus is the Son of God. I don't need any Nicene doctrine about the Trinity either to believe His deity. Matthew 26:63-64, The high priest said to him, " I charge you under oath by the living God: Tell us if you are the Christ(or Messiah), the Son of God." "Yes, it is as you say,"Jesus replied. Jesus didn't speak openly much about being the Son of God because He would not have been able to teach & do the will of the Father-He would have been persecuted sooner.
    The Bible gives God's PLANof salvation. It's a simple Plan. And it is for all who come to faith in Jesus Christ. It doesn't matter whether you worship a mercedes or a plant or a moon god now, it is for all.
    Also, I'm sorry but I can refute your statements that Mohammed is mentioned in the Bible from the other thread that Muslims mentioned.
    Also, the plan of salvation in the Bible is different from the plan of salvation in the Koran.
    We bring that to attention. If fact what Muslims believe will happen in the end-time is a slap in the face to Christianity & Judaism.
    Also again, the accuracy of the Bible argument holds no weight-it's pure propaganda.

Manuscript Evidence for the Bible (by Ron Rhodes)
    Ultra Member

Apr 20, 2007, 06:36 PM
    Retrotia,
    Regarding all that you posted about the Koran, I believe none of it. Rather I believe Jesus to be who he said his is.
    Peace and kindness,
    Fred

Apr 21, 2007, 04:35 PM
    Jesus never proclaimed divinity for himself nor did he ask his followers to worship him. Infact he prayed to God himself like a true subservient slave. After Christ, the religion and texts were tampered with and there is clear evidence from the early centuries of the adding and expounding of books, e.g. Council of Nicea in the year 325.

Jesus was raised up by Allah and just like the Christians, muslims believe that he will return before the end of time. But this time not as a messenger but as a leader of the muslims following the commandments of the Qur'an the the legislations laid down by Muhammad. He will be a proof against the Christians as described so eloquently in the Qur'an, Chapter 5:

You Muslims say that Jesus Christ was a prophet of God. You deny that Jesus is the Son of God. Jesus did claim to be the Son of God. (See references below) Which is it? If Jesus was a prophet, then He told the truth about Himself and His Father. If He lied, then Muhammed was wrong, and Jesus was not a prophet. The Q'ran was written by only one man. The Bible was written by many men who were inspired by the Holy Ghost. The list of Scriptures that follow is only a small sampling that I could send on this subject. Will you say that ALL of the relevant passages were changed? What a ridiculous charge! By the way, there are millions of Christians who do not worship Mary, maybe none do.
    John 10:30
    30 I and my Father are one.
    (KJV)

Matt 7:21
    21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
    (KJV)

Matt 10:32
    32 Whosoever therefore shall confess me before men, him will I confess also before my Father which is in heaven.
    (KJV)

Matt 11:27
    27 All things are delivered unto me of my Father: and no man knoweth the Son, but the Father; neither knoweth any man the Father, save the Son, and he to whomsoever the Son will reveal him.
    (KJV)

Matt 12:50
    50 For whosoever shall do the will of my Father which is in heaven, the same is my brother, and sister, and mother.
    (KJV)

Matt 20:23
    23 And he saith unto them, Ye shall drink indeed of my cup, and be baptized with the baptism that I am baptized with: but to sit on my right hand, and on my left, is not mine to give, but it shall be given to them for whom it is prepared of my Father.
    (KJV)

Matt 26:39
    39 And he went a little further, and fell on his face, and prayed, saying, O my Father, if it be possible, let this cup pass from me: nevertheless not as I will, but as thou wilt.
    (KJV)

Luke 24:49
    49 And, behold, I send the promise of my Father upon you: but tarry ye in the city of Jerusalem, until ye be endued with power from on high.
    (KJV)

John 10:29-30
    29 My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand.
    30 I and my Father are one.
    (KJV)

As to the crucifixion:
    Mark 8:31
    31 And he began to teach them, that the Son of man must suffer many things, and be rejected of the elders, and of the chief priests, and scribes, and be killed, and after three days rise again.
    (KJV)

John 3:14
    14 And as Moses lifted the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up:
    (KJV)

In conclusion, you are betting your eternal soul that the one man (Muhammed) is right and that the many (NT authors) are wrong.
    ordinaryguy Posts: 1,790, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Apr 21, 2007, 05:21 PM
    This is classic. Dueling quotes from competing holy books. If only you could see how absurd it looks to those of us who are not within either camp of true believers. You have no impact whatsoever on each other except to arouse one another's righteous indignation, and you reinforce the view of the rest of us that you are both irrelevant. What a waste of time and space. If you really want to make a difference, get off the computer, tell your spouse you love him/her, play with your children, and enjoy the company of your friends.

Apr 21, 2007, 05:29 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ordinaryguy
    This is classic. Dueling quotes from competing holy books. If only you could see how absurd it looks to those of us who are not within either camp of true believers. You have no impact whatsoever on each other except to arouse one another's righteous indignation, and you reinforce the view of the rest of us that you are both irrelevant. What a waste of time and space. If you really want to make a difference, get off the computer, tell your spouse you love him/her, play with your children, and enjoy the company of your friends.
    If you don't like the exchange, why are you here? I don't have to change anyone's mind, but there are people who read these posts who may not have had anyone express things in the particilar way that I, or anyone else does. In short, there are probably undecideds reading. Do you consider this to be a problem?

Apr 21, 2007, 09:47 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by galveston
    If you don't like the exchange, why are you here? I don't have to change anyone's mind, but there are people who read these posts who may not have had anyone express things in the particilar way that I, or anyone else does. In short, there are probably undecideds reading. Do you consider this to be a problem?
    Relax galveston :) He's just an 'ordinary guy' trying to waste some time and space on the computer... let him have his fun time too! :p

If he thought the discussion was useless, he wouldn't be here! Maybe it was worth a click.

Apr 21, 2007, 11:00 PM
    Curious: So if Jesus was God, who did he pray to? Himself? If you say he prayed to the Father, this means all 3 components of the Trinity can be worshipped separately!

Apr 21, 2007, 11:31 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Retrotia
    Yes, Jesus is the Son of God. I don't need any Nicene doctrine about the Trinity either to believe His deity. Matthew 26:63-64, The high priest said to him, " I charge you under oath by the living God: Tell us if you are the Christ(or Messiah), the Son of God." "Yes, it is as you say,"Jesus replied. Jesus didn't speak openly much about being the Son of God bc He would not have been able to teach & do the will of the Father-He would have been persecuted sooner.
    The Bible gives God's PLANof salvation. It's a simple Plan. And it is for all who come to faith in Jesus Christ. It doesn't matter whether you worship a mercedes or a plant or a moon god now, it is for all.
    Also, I'm sorry but I can refute your statements that Mohammed is mentioned in the Bible from the other thread that Muslims mentioned.
    Also, the plan of salvation in the Bible is different from the plan of salvation in the Koran.
    We bring that to attention. If fact what Muslims believe will happen in the end-time is a slap in the face to Christianity & Judaism.
    Also again, the accuracy of the Bible argument holds no weight-it's pure propaganda.

Manuscript Evidence for the Bible (by Ron Rhodes)
    On the contrary what you believe will happen at the end of time is a slap in the face of justice. No person will bear the burden of another and every man shall pay for his own deeds. None will die for another - not even a Prophet! Jesus (peace be upon him) did not die for our sins. But he lived to show us how to stay away from sins. He lived to show us the light and the path to paradise.

Salvation is not simply having faith in Jesus as our savior. True salvation is in being Jesus-like - in his obedience to God, his character, and in every aspect of how he lived!
    Retrotia Posts: 163, Reputation: 19
    -

Apr 22, 2007, 10:42 AM
    On the contrary what you believe will happen at the end of time is a slap in the face of justice. No person will bear the burden of another and every man shall pay for his own deeds. None will die for another - not even a Prophet! Jesus (peace be upon him) did not die for our sins. But he lived to show us how to stay away from sins. He lived to show us the light and the path to paradise.

Salvation is not simply having faith in Jesus as our savior. True salvation is in being Jesus-like - in his obedience to God, his character, and in every aspect of how he lived!
    You are close with regards to salvation. Except that it is backwards." True" salvation comes from faithin Jesus. The obedience is a process by which "we" put to death the sinful nature (of the flesh) to become more Christlike and therefore live by the Spirit. The Holy Spirit, the one you fail to credit, brings to memory the teachings of Christ. (And brings much, much more)

About the end-time comment. You do not know God of the Bible to claim that He isn't the One who makes justice in the 1st place.Who is anyone to judge God? He will come with divine retribution in the end time(Isaiah 35:4) With justice He judges and makes war.(Revelation 19:11)
    It has nothing to do with one dying for another. Jesus died for our sins once & for all. We are justified in Him. We will go up with Him for this faith & this obedience. The remaining will have to bear it out . Some will be saved then- but I'm thankful I don't have spiritual blindness or deafness up to that point.
    Living by faith, looking to Christ for all things-pardon, righteousness, peace joy, comfort, & the supply of every grace. By grace we are saved(salvation) not by works. What works we do after receiving Christ will be the Gentiles judgment-meaning how they will be honored in Heaven- not if we go to Heaven-but what kind of place & what we will be doing there will be reflected by our work or service for Christ.
    It would be interesting to compare the Eschatology of the 3 major religions if you care to.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Re-birth of Jesus [ 29 Answers ]

I was wondering if there is any mention of re-birth of jesus in the scriptures regarding approaximate time and place of jesus's second coming. I've heard from various sources that there's a chance that Jesus may be born in the Indian sub-continent rather than in the West. So please do let me know...

Deity of Jesus [ 52 Answers ]

If Jesus is not God, but a being created by God, and thus part of creation, how does that affect justification, atonement, and salvation?

Jesus' childhood through adulthood [ 15 Answers ]

Why doesn't the bible include the early life of Jesus.. obviously he was going to be important from the get go... Virgin Mary getting pregnant... the 3 wise men.. where did all these stories go?what about Jesus' brothers and sisters.. what happened to them?any answers?

Jesus and God [ 12 Answers ]

1 John 2:1 MY little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous: An advocate is someone who pleads another's case before a judge, in this case God. I remembered this verse two days ago and...

Jesus [ 17 Answers ]

When did jesus learn he was christ?

View more questions Search