Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    twinkle0twinkle Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 15, 2008, 10:43 PM
    10 day to vacate
    This is happening in kitsap county, Washington state.

I recently moved out of an apt because I was month to month and the new one is sooo much nicer. One day after I applied at the new place my old place taped a 10 day to vacate notice on my door. They cited that I had three people living there and that there were numerous noise complaints all day and all night.

I was the only tenant. I do have children that would spend the night once in awhile and a girlfriend that would spend a lot of time there also. She maintained her own residence through all of this and the children split their time between their father and I.

Never once had I ever received a complaint about noise before this. I knew most of my neighbors and they always told me when I asked that we were not noisy.

I work nights 5 nights a week and genrally sleep all day because of this??

The question I have is probably fairly obvious... Do I have to pay the full month rent if I left during the 10 days? They have sent me a receipt that has how much I owe them for cleaning and the full month of rent. There are errors on the cleaning part, and the math is incorrect also.

I have had a horrible experience with the maintenance workers on the property where they entered my home unannounced during a time when I normally would have been sleeping, thankfully I was not that day.

I really really do not want to have to give these people any more then they are owed...

Thank you
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jun 16, 2008, 06:39 AM
    Hello twink:

Sounds like Bremerton to me... If you paid the months rent and they want you out in ten days (and you go), they owe you 20 days rent. WHY they evicted you has no bearing on the money.

If you DIDN'T pay, then you'll owe for the time you were there.

excon
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jun 16, 2008, 06:58 AM
    When they posted the 10 day notice was your rent late? WA law states that if the rent is late thery can post a 10 pay or vacate notice. Otherwise, a month to month tenant has to give or be given 30 days notice of terminating the tenancy.

If you did not pay the rental, but moved out within the 10 limit, then they can only charge up to the date you vacated.

As for the cleaning, you can demand an itemized bill.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can I a vacate this judgement? [ 2 Answers ]

My answer was strikken for failure to comply.. . I did file the answer on time, but did not send a copy to plaintiff. On the case summary it says no oppostiton filed by defendant, but I never had a chance to object... was told to go home and await judges answer... several hearing was held...

Vacate a judgement [ 2 Answers ]

Can someone please tell me what I have to do to vacate a judgement?

Tenant Right to vacate? [ 8 Answers ]

Hello, My daughter is in her first year of college in Louisiana. She rented a townhouse with another girl they both signed 1 year lease. The friends boyfriend has since been living in the home as well. My daughter spoke to the roommate about being uncomfortable with this and there have been...

To Vacate [ 1 Answers ]

I am a single mother of two young children and have been renting a house in NJ for 18 months. I have a roommate who's sister owns the house. I make my monthly rent checks out to the owner (sister) every month, but give them to him to deposit, he said he controls the activities of the house and is...

View more questions Search