Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    De Maria Posts: 1,359, Reputation: 52
    Ultra Member

Jun 21, 2008, 08:29 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by sndbay
    Please understand I will respect the Catholic Church for their Love in Christ. But I do not worship the church, I worship God. The church can set forth their laws, and God would say to do as your authority tells you to do. But the Catholic church is not my authority.. Christ Jesus is my authority. Man made traditions and laws should be veiwed carefully not to hurt those they have pressed them onto. We should all obey and not judge others. And we should obey and love one another.

There are 9 different meaning of the word lust in the Word of God. How does one isolate their teaching to just one meaning? Romans 1:27 [3715] Romans 7:7 [1939] 1 Cr 10:6 [2556] 1 Th 4:5 [3806 Mat 5:28 [1937] Pro 6:25 [02530] Psa 78:30 [03878] Psa 78:18 [05315]

KJV 1 John 2:15 For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world

The pastoral action will be that which is set by the Catholic Church. No referance of scripture that clearly could voice the Truth as God has stated in the scriptures concerning the washing of spilled seed... Do You somehow think God didn't say enough?

KJV Matthew 5:8 Blessed are the pure in heart: for they shall see God.

KJV 1 Peter1:22 Seeing ye have purified your souls in obeying the truth through the Spirit unto unfeigned love of the brethren, see that ye love one another with a pure heart fervently.

Obey the truth through the Holy Spirit in unfeigned love meaning sincere love of "God Truth" in Love for one another.

~In Christ
    I enjoy reading your responses. I think your answers are forceful yet polite and thought provoking. Perhaps when I return from my sojourn, God willing in about a week, we can enter into a discussion/debate on what is the authority which God instituted for us to follow.

Sincerely,

De Maria
    sndbay Posts: 1,447, Reputation: 62
    Ultra Member

Jun 22, 2008, 04:36 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by De Maria
    I enjoy reading your responses. I think your answers are forceful yet polite and thought provoking. Perhaps when I return from my sojourn, God willing in about a week, we can enter into a discussion/debate on what is the authority which God instituted for us to follow.

Sincerely,

De Maria
    That would be a good discussion and teaching when kept to the scriptures. Still remembering that when such discussion are done, there are conflicting points of scripture that are taught within the churches. Such as the beginning with Adam and Eve eating an apple.. Such an important teaching as this attempt by satan to change the out come of Christ's birth, that is hidden behind a bite from a apple or a forbidden tree.. The Bible is not so much about us, as [it is] about Christ..
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 22, 2008, 10:57 AM
    That would be a good discussion and teaching when kept to the scriptures. Such as the beginning with Adam and Eve eating an apple. The Bible is not so much about us, as [it is] about Christ..
    We don't know if it was an apple. The Bible doesn't say. Like you said, let's keep to the Scriptures.

The Bible is very much about us, from all the stories in the OT to what Jesus did for us in the NT!
    Wangdoodle Posts: 217, Reputation: 50

Jun 22, 2008, 12:58 PM
    Please understand I will respect the Catholic Church for their Love in Christ. But I do not worship the church, I worship God. The church can set forth their laws, and God would say to do as your authority tells you to do. But the Catholic church is not my authority.. Christ Jesus is my authority. Man made traditions and laws should be veiwed carefully not to hurt those they have pressed them onto. We should all obey and not judge others. And we should obey and love one another.

There are 9 different meaning of the word lust in the Word of God. How does one isolate their teaching to just one meaning? Romans 1:27 [3715] Romans 7:7 [1939] 1 Cr 10:6 [2556] 1 Th 4:5 [3806 Mat 5:28 [1937] Pro 6:25 [02530] Psa 78:30 [03878] Psa 78:18 [05315]

KJV 1 John 2:15 For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world

The pastoral action will be that which is set by the Catholic Church. No referance of scripture that clearly could voice the Truth as God has stated in the scriptures concerning the washing of spilled seed... Do You somehow think God didn't say enough?

KJV Matthew 5:8 Blessed are the pure in heart: for they shall see God.

KJV 1 Peter1:22 Seeing ye have purified your souls in obeying the truth through the Spirit unto unfeigned love of the brethren, see that ye love one another with a pure heart fervently.

Obey the truth through the Holy Spirit in unfeigned love meaning sincere love of "God Truth" in Love for one another.

~In Christ
    I do not worship the Church either. I do recognize the authority that she has been given by Christ through the Apostles. For that reason I am Catholic. However, one does not need be Catholic to understand her teachings on morality.
    Ultra Member

Jun 22, 2008, 05:31 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl
    We don't know if it was an apple. The Bible doesn't say. Like you said, let's keep to the Scriptures.

Wondergirl you are correct the scripture does not say apple, and that was why I exampled the teaching as I had. I am sorry if that was not clear in my reply to a discussion that was suggested for a future time.. Following the authority of The Word of God in my opinion is the answer to every question.. .

The Bible is very much about us, from all the stories in the OT to what Jesus did for us in the NT!
    It would be mans pride that puts himself as the important subject.. My remark was that it is not as much about us... as it is about Christ.
    Ultra Member

Jun 22, 2008, 05:34 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wangdoodle
    I do not worship the Church either. I do recognize the authority that she has been given by Christ through the Apostles. For that reason I am Catholic. However, one does not need be Catholic to understand her teachings on morality.
    I have offered nothing more then scripture verses for the authority and faith I hold in my heart. The Word Of God...

Romans 14:13 Let us not therefore judge one another any more: but judge this rather, that no man put a stumblingblock or an occasion to fall in his brother's way
    Romans 14:14 I know, and am persuaded by the Lord Jesus, that there is nothing unclean of itself: but to him that esteemeth any thing to be unclean, to him it is unclean.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 22, 2008, 06:02 PM
    It would be mans pride that puts himself as the important subject.. My remark was that it is not as much about us... as it is about Christ.
    All the stories in the Bible are teaching stories -- about how people mess up and about how God shows his love and forgives them time after time after time. Finally, in the NT God sends His Son to give His life so that we no longer have to worry that God won't forgive us.

Of course, the Bible is about us and about how God loves us so much!
    Ultra Member

Jun 23, 2008, 04:01 AM
    Of course, the Bible is about us and about how God loves us so much!
    That He gave His only begotten Son to die for us... Christ Our Savior John 3:16
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 23, 2008, 10:36 AM
    That He gave His only begotten Son to die for us... Christ Our Savior John 3:16
    For US. Jesus wouldn't have had to die if mankind wouldn't have messed up. The Bible is all about how we mess up and how God rescues us. If it weren't for our sins, there would be no need for a Bible or a Jesus.
    Ultra Member

Jun 24, 2008, 03:47 AM
    [QUOTE=Wondergirl]For US. Jesus wouldn't have had to die if mankind wouldn't have messed up. The Bible is all about how we mess up and how God rescues us. If it weren't for our sins, there would be no need for a Bible or a Jesus.[/QUOTE]

These words unlined that you have suggested should never be spoken... For Jesus is Emmanuel = God with us! Would you say there is no need for God? And the Bible is God's Word = Jesus..

I apologize for this is not the topic IS IT A SIN: but rather has become a debt on the written word. But I must insist on the Truth being known when someone questions the need for Christ...

WondergirlWe have failed to listen to God as it is written. But long before us, it was satan who first revolted against God, and 1/3 of the angels. These who were known as sons of God.

It was through Adam and Eve which the devil attempted to stop, by the deception done in the garden, was the key of David. ( The birth line of Jesus) That is why it is written in scripture Genesis 3:20 Eve is the mother of all living. For we would remain dead without Christ our Savior. The generations shown are the connection leading you to Christ's birth to the Virgin Mary. This is not about us, but about Jesus.

Don't be as those in old time who thought the temple that would fall and rise was a building.. It was Christ who dead and rose from the dead. God speaks in parables and His sheep hear His Word of Truth.

Eve was a target of satan's.. And Cain was the son of satan who was the first murderer and again wanted to kill the birth line of Christ which was Abel.. That is why God found favor in Abel. Genesis 3: 15 And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.

Thy head is satan.. his heel is Christ

Read the Word of God... ~In Chirst
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 24, 2008, 08:43 AM
    These words unlined that you have suggested should never be spoken... For Jesus is Emmanuel = God with us!
    Yes! US - and thank God that He still loved us enough to send His Son to suffer and die in our place. Like I had said, the Bible is full of stories of how mankind is its own worst enemy and yet how God loves and forgives. The Bible is the story of US as sinners and God's love for US even at our worst.

Would you say there is no need for God?
    Read above. I can't imagine how you can even think this after everything I've written.

And the Bible is God's Word = Jesus
    See above. Read Gen. 3:16. There would be no need for Jesus if there were no US as sinners.
    Ultra Member

Jun 24, 2008, 09:12 AM

See above. Read Gen. 3:16. There would be no need for Jesus if there were no US as sinners.
    This is Genesis 3:16
    KJV Genesis 3:16 Unto the woman he said, I will greatly multiply thy sorrow and thy conception; in sorrow thou shalt bring forth children; and thy desire [shall be] to thy husband, and he shall rule over thee.

Better showing the meaning of Genesis 3:16 would be: KJV 1 Timothy 2:14-15 And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression. Notwithstanding she shall be saved in childbearing, if they continue in faith and charity and holiness with sobriety.

Satan the enemy.. Jesus the Savior.. We will always need Jesus.. Emmanuel= God with us

No more discussion or debating off the subject will be added from me..
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 24, 2008, 08:25 PM
    Satan the enemy.. Jesus the Savior..We will always need Jesus .. Emmanuel= God with us
    Gee, that's exactly what I said.

It took the cunning of Satan to tempt the woman, but it took only the invitation of a woman to tempt the man.

As for the question originally asked, God gave us our sexual urges including masturbation. Just like anything else, it can be used for good or for ill.
    Unknown008 Posts: 8,076, Reputation: 723
    Uber Member

Jun 25, 2008, 03:51 AM
    Like a choice you mean? Just like the fruit in the eden garden. It was placed there so that Adam and Eve could choose to obey God or not...
    Ultra Member

Jun 25, 2008, 05:38 AM
    Is masturbation a sin?

Levitcus 15:16 And if any man's seed of copulation go out from him, then he shall wash all his flesh in water, and be unclean until the even.

If you can accept Word of Truth as easily as a child would... Matthew 18:3

Note: God created us and all the functions within. And in my opinion God took our health into consideration. Facts on old sperm might help your free will decision on this question.

You may be surprised to hear that the female has manufactures her
    Lifelong quota of eggs before born (in some later point in embryogenesis). Around menarche, those eggs mature one by one, once a month, until menopause, when ovulation gradually subsides. The late-life eggs of a woman are indeed old eggs, and more prone to certain kinds of problems.

With sperms it is different. The male gonad is a sperm factory that only
    Begins to work around puberty. Spermiogenesis is an active process
    That is driven by (1) the amount of sperm that has been manufactured and
    Stored in the seminal vesicles, and (2) the recency of ejaculation.
    Ejaculation empties most of the sperm from the vesicles (it will
    Vary with circumstances. The low levels of the vesicles and the cue from ejaculation sets spermiogenesis in motion. If there is no ejaculation for over a
    Month, some of the old sperm are digested and some new sperm is
    Manufactured, but in general, old ejaculate means old sperm. (Sperm
    Can live in the vesicles for a few weeks, and in utero for about 8 days.)

So is new sperm healthier then old sperm? Yes
    Unknown008 Posts: 8,076, Reputation: 723
    Uber Member

Jun 25, 2008, 05:49 AM
    Thanks for the little info sndbay!
    westnlas Posts: 322, Reputation: 25

Jun 25, 2008, 09:21 AM
    As I pointed out before. The bible was written and re-written several times and each author or church adaptation of a new version reflected the political and religious positions at the time. Original versions do not reflect Mary Magdaline as a Whore for instance. Each Pope, King, or group in power at the time desired people to be bound by teachings that benefited those power structures. Population enhancement greatly aided power structures by providing labor and military forces. Bibles were written reflecting the desire for power gained by controlling huge numbers of people through the church. Priests were required to remain unmarried as it was less of an economic burden than having the church provide for their families. Wealth and power quests that shaped modern religions are certainly the same motivators of leaders today. However, one certainly cannot call masturbation a sin any more than eating ice cream.
    tsila1777 Posts: 138, Reputation: 18

Jun 25, 2008, 04:56 PM
    Oh yeah I'm single and unmarried and I get the urge just like everyone else but I'm trying to wait until I'm in a committed relationship(guys call me a prude lol)

That's great. I hope you mean marriage.

Would it be possible to slip out of the house and meet your friends somewhere safe? You do need to get out. What is step dad like? Would he help you? Or is he afraid of her too?

I hope things work out for you, I understand what you are going through to some point, my dad was the same way about dating, all my bfs were scared of him and I had to be home at a certain time, and then he would come out and wait for me to get out of the car. Like no good-night kiss. As if...

As for the Scripture, he wasn't killed for just "spilling his seed", read on, get the whole story.

As to your question... I really don't know. But it's no worse than going through someone's things even if it is 'their' house.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

View more questions Search