Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    syadler Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 15, 2008, 09:09 PM
    Broadway musical, Gypsy
    Who starred in the original musical on broadway with the name of "Gypsy"?
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jun 17, 2008, 02:59 AM
    From the following site: Gypsy: A Musical Fable - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

• 1959 Original Broadway production
      The original production opened on May 21, 1959, at The Broadway Theatre, moved to the Imperial Theatre, and ran for 702 performances after 2 previews. Produced by David Merrick it starred Ethel Merman, Jack Klugman, Maria Karnilova, and Sandra Church in the title role. Direction and choreography were by Jerome Robbins; critic Frank Rich has referred to Robbins's work as one of the most influential stagings of a musical in American theatrical history.[2] The original production received eight Tony Award nominations, including best musical, best musical actress, best featured actor, best featured actress, best scenic design, best costume design, and best direction of a musical, but failed to win any.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Broadway Show Tune [ 3 Answers ]

I am trying to find out the songwriter of the old tune "It's now where you start it's where you finish." I think it is from an old Broadway Musical. Can anyone help me out? Nancy

Gypsy woman.song from strange wilderness movie [ 4 Answers ]

Hey guys, I watched strange wilnderness the other night, which is hilarious, by the way, and came across a really great song... It hs the following lines in it: I saw a gypsy woman headin' my way She plugged in her crystal ball and started to say I'll answer all your questions 'bout the...

Martial arts film ending in a broadway dance number. [ 1 Answers ]

I need the name of this film. It is fairly recent.. last 10 years. The lead character is a blind old warrior who saves some farmers and two Geisha types. One is female and the other a transvestite. The films score incorporates farmers beating time in the rice paddys. It ends with a big Broadway...

Old Broadway Shows [ 3 Answers ]

I am looking for recordings or music lyrics for an old Broadway Show called The Tenderloin and also for The Unsinkable Molly Brown. Does anyone remember them?

Annie the musical [ 1 Answers ]

Hey People, Im looking for free mp3's to download from the musical Annie (its a hard knock life, the sun will come out tomorrow etc) Does anyone know where I can find them? Thanks :)

View more questions Search