Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Boswee Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Mar 13, 2006, 10:50 AM
    This means she like me better than likes me right.
    Okay so for about 4 months now I'm been going out with this girl. The thing is I had to lie to her parents and she as to lie to her parents about my name. Cause they found out that I took her and her friend somewhere to have a drink. Where all minors, anyway the other girl blabbed her mouth and got the rumor spread around until her mom found out. This was the first time I met my girlfriend, so anyway her mom finds out about me and says she would call the cops on me if she ever found out who I was. But she has never seen me though. So we had to make a fake name for me, and it worked for 4 months. Then yesterday her mom was talking about how honest you have to be with one another when you care for each other, and she got really deep into it until my girl starts to bust up in tears, and tell her mom who I really am. Then the mom bust up in tears feeling like she wasn't that good of a mom. So it kind of worked out cause she didn't get mad at me... well a little bit but not extreamly mad. So do you think by telling her mom my real name was just guilt or she told her cause she wants me to stick around or maby even more than that?
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Mar 13, 2006, 12:08 PM
    `Your g/f wanted to be honest with her mother and was tired of lying to her. How she feel about you I have no clue,but this is not a very good start to the relationship as it was built on dishonesty and deceit,and to have a good relationship you need to straighten that out and not be afraid to fess up to your actions. I hope you learned your lesson. Leave the illegal stuff to the criminals and deal with life from a position of truth!:cool:
    jc105 Posts: 162, Reputation: 17

Mar 15, 2006, 01:57 PM
    You are having a good time but I am going to guess that she probably likes the drama and I would imagine you are already in. I would make your next goal to be impressing the parents even though they may suspect you of being a bad influence. I can't say anything about being bad except that being cool don't pay the bills so make sure you have a balance.

JC
    kp2171 Posts: 5,318, Reputation: 1612
    Uber Member

Mar 15, 2006, 03:17 PM
    If she's at all close to het mother she probably hated lying to her, even though it got her what she wanted in the short term.

I don't know what else you're trying to read into this.

She was lying. She's now not lying. Good for her.

As for it kinds working out since she wasn't really mad... OK. But at this point she's not going to trust you, and she's not going to be happy that her daughter lied to her for you.

Not saying you can't make things right. But you've dug a hole and now you need to decide if you care to get out of it.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 15, 2006, 03:26 PM
    If the police are not waiting on you for your next date I wouls guess you are OK. Lying is never the right way to do things, it will make them harder to trust both of you in the future about other things.
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Mar 16, 2006, 06:41 AM
    Hi,
    Your relationship with this girl might be on shaky ground. You will have to gain back trust from her. Her Mom will now have to decide whether to have anything to do with you or not.
    Her telling her Mom was probably out of respect for her Mom, not wanting to lie anymore to her.
    If your girlfriend is under-age, have you considered that maybe she shouldn't be drinking in the first place? If you really respect and care for your girlfriend, then maybe you should consider what is right and what's best for her.
    Her Mom will play a big part in your future with this girl. Getting off to a bad start with her Mom is not really good. But, you might be able to gain her trust with time.
    LTheobald Posts: 1,051, Reputation: 127
    Ultra Member

Mar 16, 2006, 09:40 AM
    First, from the sounds of it, I think the mother knew something was up.

Well I think the cop thing would have been an empty threat. What would have been a good idea is to introduce yourself to her mother and apologise for what you did. She would have probably appreciated that.

Anyway, onto the problem in hand. You're girlfriend would have told her mum because she doesn't like lying to her. Her feelings for you might have come into the decision but don't read into it too much.

Regardless of what the girl thinks about you - you need to smooth things out with her parents. I would personally apologise to her mother next time you see her. Tell her you regret the drinking incident and that it won't happen again. Your girlfriends mother would appreciate it and so who your girlfriend too,
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Mar 16, 2006, 08:04 PM
    I don't know all of the answers to your questions, but I can say this much: LAY OFF THE BOOZE. Do not ever do anything illegal with this girl or anything that her mother would not approve of. That way she won't have to hide you or lie about your name. Apologize to her mother for anything that's happened already with alcohol or what not and assure her that nothing like that will ever happen again when you are with her. Then stick true to your word. Gaining her mother's trust is one of the smartest things you can do if you really care about this girl.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

This means nothing to me... [ 3 Answers ]

"Oh Vienna..." so sang Midge Your,and Ultravox in 1981.Odd then that with Windows Vista,due for release Xmas 2006,that Redmond and co,are already working on the next OS. It's code name is Vienna.I checked a reputable link,to see if it was a joke: ...

Do not know what this message means, can you help? [ 35 Answers ]

*Good afternoon: I need some help to solve these problems on my computer. I tried to copy and paste into this forum but for I was unable to do this function. Is this possible here? And how do I do it. It might not matter because I have typed what the pop boxes indicate. There are 4 boxes...

Help me please do you think he still likes me? [ 2 Answers ]

Me and my ex broke up 4 months ago because he thought I lied to him but really I didn't.but we still talk sometimes and I just talked to him online a few min ago and my pro is all about him and at the end I have I still love you a lot!. and his name he read it and was like why do you still like me...

If she likes me or not? [ 3 Answers ]

Hello everyone, can anyone tell me if this girl likes me Here it goes I know this girl scence 6th grade, now I am a Junior In high school. I talked to her during that time and we became friends, and than we went into middle school and it was the same story, we really were school friends, I...

Computers: It means what? [ 5 Answers ]

512MB DDR RAM 266Mhz (2x256MB) Does this mean that if I choose this option 266Mhz will be ADDED to my computer? And can your RAM get less on a computer? Thanks, Conrad

View more questions Search