Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pdewyea Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 15, 2008, 09:59 AM
    Tractor quits
    Craftsman 22Hp Rider model 917273111 Starts but when releasing clutch or engaging mower quits running.
    cypressprings Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jun 15, 2008, 07:12 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by pdewyea
    craftsman 22Hp Rider model 917273111 Starts but when releasing clutch or engaging mower quits running.
    Can you put it into gear and ride it without any problems with out the blades on ?
    pdewyea Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 16, 2008, 10:23 AM
    Sears Tractor model No. 917273111 starts. When releasing clutch stalls out. When engaging mower stalls out.
    MOWERMAN2468 Posts: 3,214, Reputation: 243
    Ultra Member

Jun 16, 2008, 04:12 PM
    Check your seat safety switch.
    westnlas Posts: 322, Reputation: 25

Jun 16, 2008, 04:33 PM
    This really does sound like a safety switch problem. If the blade is removed, will the thing run if you bypass the switch. You might be able to check it with a continuity tester if you can get it out. I recommended taking the blade off to check it so you wouldn't get mad at me if you bypassed the switch and got hurt. Besides what's 5 minutes time against a permanent injury ?
    bobcorbin Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 29, 2008, 05:26 PM
    Hello, I have the same problem,with the same mower. Is it a safety switch? If so how do I replace it? Exactly the same issue

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Should I call it quits? [ 11 Answers ]

Hi, I been married for 3 months been together for a year. About 3 weeks ago he left about 5pm and came home about 6 am; he did that for about 16 days. He and I got in to a yelling match every time he left he would find something to yell at me for and try to get me mad. Yes it did work. Then he...

When to call it a quits? [ 2 Answers ]

MY BOY says that I'm number one in his heart. I feel that I am not. The most important females in his life are his sister and mother than me. When they want something from him he hope , skips, and jumps for them but when I want something I get excuses and I can't or hold on. He complains to me when...

How do you know when to call it quits? [ 6 Answers ]

Me and my husband have been married for 5 years and over the past few years our communiction has become non existent. I have started going to therapy for it but if I suggest him going with me or reading a book that I am reading on how to fix a marriage, he just gets pissed off. He thinks he has no...

Hampton Bay Fan quits on us [ 4 Answers ]

We bought 4 identical fans almost 6 years and 3 are working just fine. The "problem" fan just started (about a week ago) turning itself OFF. Sometimes it runs for hours before doing this, but other times it goes off in just a few minutes. It usually goes back on again with the remote -- but...

View more questions Search