Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Lorna Spiro Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 13, 2006, 07:22 AM
    Digital camera printing question
    Which slot on the HP photosmart 3210 printer do I insert the memory card (or whatever it's called) from my Olympus digital camera? I've tried the upper & lower smaller ones on the right-side edge, but the little this won't go in.
    This is the first time I've used this question site, the first time I've used the printer (it's brand new). Thanks for your help.
    Lorna Spiro
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Mar 13, 2006, 07:50 AM
    What type of card does the Olympus use? I was demoing this for someone with an Olympus the other day and theirs used an XD card. The XD card goes in the lower left slot (its marked XD) with the label point away from the near edge of the printer. The 3210 takes all the current memoery cards except the MM card which is much older.

One thing you might consider is going back to the store with your camera and asking a rep to demo for you. HP has Reps in many major stores on the weekends.

While transferring the pics to your computer will give you more flexibility, it sounds like you are looking for the easiest out. I know that many people that buy a 3210 do so because it can be used without a computer.
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Mar 13, 2006, 07:52 AM
    Hi, Lorna,
    Welcome to the site, and thank you for asking a question here.
    Different digital cameras use different sized memory cards; some you can buy separate. What is your Model number of your Olympus camera?
    If you have tried all the "memory slots" on your printer, and the memory card won't fit, there is another method you can use.
    Did your camera come with a cable, and an install CD, to use in hooking up with your computer?
    This method lets you download your pictures into your computer, then print out any photos (or edit them), then print, that were in your camera. You can save your photos in a folder on the computer, such as in My Pictures.
    The manual that came with the camera should have the directions for installing the camera software into the computer.
    If you have any questions, please post back.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Mar 13, 2006, 01:01 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorna Spiro
    Your answer directed me to the right slot on the printer, and then I realized I wasn't pushing the card thing in hard enough. I did so, & my photos immediately came up on the Adobe site on my computer screen. Very exciting!

So, thanks much for the answer. But here's another question: the photos aren't displayed on the printer's little screen. Is that because I've got it hooked up to my computer?
    Lorna,
    Thanks for the kind words in your PM. As I explained I prefer for questions to be dealt with publicly so I'm going to reply to the follow-up question here.

I'm actually surprised that the pictures automatically showed up in Adobe and not on the 3210's screen. I suspect there is something about the Adobe software that is taking over the reader on the 3210. Try putting the card in with the computer turned off or the printer disconnected from the computer. See if the pictures show up oin the printer screen then. If they do, then its something in the Adobe software and I would have to research how to turn that off.

Let me know.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Help please.. Cannot download pictures from my digital camera [ 10 Answers ]

What could be the problem when I try to download pics from my digital I suddenly cannot download. The camera window just keeps reading. No result. What could be the problem? It has hardware failure message? What hardware? My digital camera or something inside my computer? What is it? Please help...

Best Digital Camera for less than $500 [ 6 Answers ]

I am looking to purchase the best digital camera I can for less than $500. While I am especially taken by the features offered by the SONY MVC CD-350 (disc type) the sales people I have talked to seem to prefer the Fuji FinePix 55000 or the FinePix A310 which are both "stick type"?? Thanks. Ponton

Digital camera [ 3 Answers ]

I bought a goodmans g-shot 3003cc for xmas Have installed the drivers cd, there's a bit on iy which I ticked says "decode all supported fourccs(divx,dx50,mp4v) Have ticked this, when I plug the camera in , instructions say to open folder to veiw files using windows explorer , but this cannot...

Opinion on Pentax *ist DS Digital SLR Camera [ 1 Answers ]

Has anyone out there purchased a Pentax *ist DS Digital SLR Camera recently. Do they like it? ;) Thank you from [email protected]

Could anyone suggest a good digital camera? [ 2 Answers ]

I'm not sure if this is the right section to post this in, but oh well :) I'm looking for a decent digital camera. 4-5 megapixels, $400-$800 maybe :) I have looked at many but they all seem the same. I need something that will work with generic software, that doesn't store pics in a...

View more questions Search