Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    TwinkletOes26 Posts: 182, Reputation: 2
    -

Jun 15, 2008, 09:28 AM
    Happy Fathers Day Everybody
    I hope every one has a nice fathers day... it will probably be better than mine ( we are suppose to go to go out for dinner together today) My stepdad will probably get caught looking at another woman AGAIN and my mom will spend the whole day yelling and ruin the whole day (she can't pull out any knives because I've STILL have them hidden)... anyways I hope you guys have a happy PEACEFUL fathers day :p
    IM4U Posts: 156, Reputation: 16

Jun 15, 2008, 09:50 AM
    H'lo Toes,

Thanks for the greeting and well wishing. I'm home alone, the way I want it, the little Pom in the kitchen is yapping at some imagined intruder, and I'm newbie-ing at the Ask Me shop.

I have two adult sons and six grandchildren in addition to the age 13 Pomeranian.

I regret that things in your family are not more pleasant. I know something about where you are due to my long ago growing up days.

Answer to your question (that you did not ask) about what to do with the knives at the eat out location: Tell your parents you are going inside first to get things "prepped" just right for the special occasion (that will be true, you just don't reveal the prepping that needs to be done). Remove the knives from the table if already there. If not, tell the host(ess) not to bring knives to the table. Tell Dad he'll have to pick up his steak and bite it from his fingers because that table does not include knives due to "special considerations."

"A little ridicularity goeth a long way." (Pronouns 98:67, IM4U version) I am a charter member of the not yet formed "Tall Tales Tellers" of S'uth'n Roo-uhl US uv Hay.

Blessings as you struggle with grown-ups who need to grow up!
    TwinkletOes26 Posts: 182, Reputation: 2
    -

Jun 15, 2008, 10:03 AM
    Answer to your question (that you did not ask) about what to do with the knives at the eat out location: Tell your parents you are going inside first to get things "prepped" just right for the special occasion (that will be true, you just don't reveal the prepping that needs to be done). Remove the knives from the table if already there. If not, tell the host(ess) not to bring knives to the table. Tell Dad he'll have to pick up his steak and bite it from his fingers because that table does not include knives due to "special considerations."

"A little ridicularity goeth a long way." (Pronouns 98:67, IM4U version) I am a charter member of the not yet formed "Tall Tales Tellers" of S'uth'n Roo-uhl US uv Hay.

Blessings as you struggle with grown-ups who need to grow up!
    [/QUOTE]

Lol you gave me my laugh for the day I think I shall call the place and tell them that we need the knives to be removed from the table... lucky for me my stepdad hates steak but loves fried chicken :)
    IM4U Posts: 156, Reputation: 16

Jun 15, 2008, 10:10 AM
    Glad to give a giggle. Sounds like finger-lickin' safety to me!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Two possible fathers [ 4 Answers ]

I am four months the problem is I don't know when my last period was or when I coneived.

Are you happy? [ 4 Answers ]

Here's a bunny then :) http://i4.tinypic.com/8542mnc.jpg

Fathers Day [ 4 Answers ]

So my dad died when I was 8 and he was never the best of guy we were never close or anything. But I seemed to have never gotten over it I still cry all the time and with fathers day coming up so close I have been a total mess. My mom is making me go to dinner with her husband(my step dad) who I...

Happy Passover, Happy Easter! [ 22 Answers ]

I just wanted to wish all my friends on the board greetings for the spring season... If you're Jewish like my family, a very Happy Pesach and Good Seder! If you're Christian, a very Happy Easter! If you have some other religious practice that I've missed, please add it here if you like,...

View more questions Search