Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ATA Dave Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 15, 2008, 08:39 AM
    True Airspeed v Altitude
    How does a change in altitude effect TAS assuming Mach Number remains constant?
    BCDurbin Posts: 27, Reputation: 1

Jun 21, 2008, 09:00 AM
    I don't know - what happens to the speed of sound as ALT changes?
    dayslug24 Posts: 62, Reputation: 5

Jun 22, 2008, 05:29 AM
    Speed of sound changes with air temp. - with air temp decrease, the speed of sound decreases. At higher altitudes the air density and pressure ratio is lowered, along with temp. so speed of sound decreases with altitude as well.
    EX: standard day @sea level, 59F' speed of sound is 661 knots. (density and pressure ratio is equal to 1.0)
    At 35000 ' temp is roughly -60 degreesF, density and pressure ratio's drop below 1.0 and speed of sound is now 576 knots.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Altitude of an Isosceles Triangle [ 1 Answers ]

Ok, find the altitude of an isosceles triangle whose base is 10 and whose congruent sides are 9. I found how to find the alt of a right triangle but still don't really comprende. Help :D

Altitude of isosc. Triangle? [ 1 Answers ]

I'm so confused rite now. The question is: find the altitude of an isoceles triangle whose base is 10 and whose congruent sides are 9. Someone please explain!:confused:

Altitude and stroke [ 2 Answers ]

My name is dave and I'm 46 years old . I suffered a stroke a year and a half ago and also had further complication such as a loss of feeling in my stroke hand and enormous fatigue after a plane flight to fro to Florida. I think because of the altitude and my preexisting condition (stroke )this...

Stoke and altitude [ 12 Answers ]

Is there any danger with flying on a jet plane at high altitudes for a duration not to exceed thirty-six hours with a stroke as a pre-existing condition that occurred one year, four months prior?

Altitude and Stroke or TIA risk [ 0 Answers ]

?? Is there a danger for someone who has had a TIA (mini-stroke) in the past to be at altitudes of 6,000 to 9,000 ft.

View more questions Search