Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    plumb45 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 15, 2008, 06:14 AM
    Water underneath carpet in master bath
    I woke up to find water soaking one side of my masterbath. My masterbath has carpet and it is soaked. The side that is soaked is the side with a toilet. The toilet has its own door and space. The toilet room is not wet but when we woke up it seemed that paper was clogged and finally got through... What could this be?
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Jun 15, 2008, 06:29 AM
    when we woke up it seemed that paper was clogged and finally got through
    Please explain. Do you think the toilet backed up and noverflowed? If so why wasn't there water on the toilet enclosure? Are you on a slab or is this a second floor bathroom? Is the shower near the part that's wet? Is the wet warm or cold? If the bathroom's on a slab could there be a under slab leak? Let's check. To check to see if you have a hidden leak first shut down everything in the house, no flush, no drinks of water, and if you are on a meter go out and check the little pointer in the gage. It should not move or creep. If it does you have a leak. If you're on a pump then check the pressure gage after the pump builds up to pressure and shuts off. The gage should not fall and the pump come back on. If so you have a leak. Hope this helps and thank you fot rating my reply, Tom
    plumb45 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 15, 2008, 08:17 AM
    Backed up?
    Please explain. Do you think the toilet backed up and noverflowed?If so why wasn't there water on the toilet enclosure? Are you on a slab or is this a second floor bathroom? SLAB Is the shower near the part that's wet? NO. Is the wet warm or cold? COLD If the bathroom's on a slab could there be a under slab leak? Let's check. To check to see if you have a hidden leak first shut down everything in the house, no flush, no drinks of water, and if you are on a meter go out and check the little pointer in the gage. It should not move or creep. If it does you have a leak. If you're on a pump then check the pressure gage after the pump builds up to pressure and shuts off. The gage should not fall and the pump come back on. If so you have a leak. Hope this helps and thank you fot rating my reply, Tom

Tom our water meter is in front of the house. It is on our sidewalk and it has no gage? What would happen if the toilet was clogged and did not overflow? Could it overflow underneath our slab. Could the clog have broken a pipe underneath my slab? Underneath my carpet is concrete slab. The toilet enclosure is dry. The shower is on the opposite side and it is dry. Could it have overflowed in the enclosure and have dryed in 5 hours? Our A/C unit is also on the other side of my closet. Which is outside. Please help.
    Mr. Speedball1! Thanks! Plumb45
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Jun 15, 2008, 10:09 AM
    What would happen if the toilet was clogged and did not overflow? Could it overflow underneath our slab.
    Nothing would happen. If the toilet was clogged and did not overflow it wouldr simply swirl around and slowly seep away.
    Could the clog have broken a pipe underneath my slab?
    No, but I'm concerned that you may have a pressure leak under the slab.
    The shower is on the opposite side and it is dry. Could it have overflowed in the enclosure and have dryed in 5 hours?
    Ya got to know that's a "reach".
    Your water meter has got to have a dial. Otherwise how would the meter man read it? Sometimes they have a metal lid. I really want you to try and give me a reading on the meter pointer. OK? Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

NO hot water in master bath [ 4 Answers ]

I moved into my home built in 2005 about 6 months ago. When we moved in hot water worked well to all parts of the house. Just recently I noticed the master bath tub has no hot water comeing out but everything else in the master bathroom works properly. The bathtub is only a tub with no shower...

Water leak under carpet in master bedroom. [ 1 Answers ]

A week ago I discovered a small puddle of water on the carpet in front of the bathroom. This puddle has now grown in size. I lifted the carpet in that area and found a small hole in concrete. This hole appears to be by design ( I have no idea why) Water is flowing up from this hole. I have also...

Low water pressure in master bath only [ 2 Answers ]

The water pressure in our bath/shower is very poor regardless of hot or cold. I took a stab and replaced the tub/shower valve which made no difference. All other fixtures in the house have surprisingly high water pressure. When the water is coming out of the bath fixture, the shower head sounds...

No hot water in master bath tub [ 1 Answers ]

I have no hot water in my master bath, bath tub. What could the problem be?

Good water pressure in Master Bath, but no where else [ 3 Answers ]

In the past 2 weeks I had low Hot water pressure. I fixed that problem by replacing the inlet and outlet nipple fittings. (Both were clogged/corroded). Now, I have good hot water pressure but only in the master bath and laundry room. The MB is the fartherest point away from the hot water heater...

View more questions Search