Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Monalisa1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 15, 2008, 02:18 AM
    HIPAA violation
    My husband is out of work due to bilateral fractured ankles he received in a car wreck. He received a call from a co-worker asking when he was coming back to work as he was working on the schedule. My husband told him he would be back when he was cleared by him Dr.. The co-worker told him their immediate supervisor had spoken to some one in the Drs. Office and told her he would be ready by the middle of July. He has not been told anything by his Dr. Is this a HIPAA violation.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 15, 2008, 06:09 AM
    Was the wreck work related ? Is he out on a paid disability from work ?

And if all the doctor said was when he may come back to work, not what was wrong with him, I don't see an issue here at all.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hipaa violation? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi , I don't know if this is the right topic for the question or not, but here goes. I work in a hospital, and I was wondering if when talking to a co-worker outside of work Is it a hipaa violation to tell how many patients are on the floor, if that is all the info That you reveal?...

Is this a hipaa violation [ 2 Answers ]

I work for a financial company, I was diagnosed with type I diabetes last year. I am FMLA covered and I am cleared for 8 days a month to be off work for my medical appointments and any issues that I may have. I have been having complications and had to go on a medical leave of absence. My...

Hipaa Violation [ 3 Answers ]

I believe my Hipaa rights have been violated. I have sleep apnea and I recently had a sleep study done as usual follow-up for my condition. The other day in the mail I received a letter from a dentist who was soliciting for business for a dental appliance for people with sleep apnea. In this letter...

HIPAA Violation? [ 3 Answers ]

If a manager mentions a health issue that an employee had before (cancer) to another employee or accuses the employee who had the illness that the former illness is effecting her judgement at work, is that a HIPAA violation? If not, is it a law violation. If yes, which one and is there a remedy...

View more questions Search