Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    shhoda Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 14, 2008, 10:56 PM
    Hot tub lateral sevice--distance from property line
    I understand a 220V servixe lateral must be 18in depth w/ warning ribbon at 12in depth. I also understand the line should terminate to a shut off switch at a distance 5 feet from the hot tub. How far must this service line be from the property line?
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Jun 15, 2008, 07:48 AM
    That distance is not specified by international building code but by your city or towns setback regulations. While this would still be considered code, it's a local thing. It is commonly 5' but you need to call your local building department to be 100% sure. Also, your voltage is likely 240 volts.
    shhoda Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 15, 2008, 10:43 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by shhoda
    I understand a 220V servixe lateral must be 18in depth w/ warning ribbon at 12in depth. I also understand the line should terminate to a shut off switch at a distance 5 feet from the hot tub. How far must this service line be from the property line?
    Thanks for responding. I will check w/ local building officials--Happy Father's Day!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Property line and position of the property markers [ 13 Answers ]

Hi, we have been having a problem with our neighbors about our property. It seems like they have been enchroaching more and more. Finally they got a survey but all I see are two markers, one is on the top asphalt separating the property to the left of them, then there is a marker all the way in the...

Distance from a point and line [ 2 Answers ]

Answer how you got that "root2" on the eqn.explain detail

Property line [ 11 Answers ]

Our new neighbors have a wild hair to enforce the property line. We have a retaining wall separating our driveways. We built the retaining wall with the previous neighbors, both families sharing the cost. The new neighbors had a surveyor friend come and mark up the property, claiming that the true...

Property line dispute [ 7 Answers ]

:mad: My husband and I own 2 acres and across the private road from us lives a man who INSISTS he OWNS property along OUR side of the road beyond the normal easement area. We have found that the previous owner of our property had given a 10 foot easement along our side of the road for "access and...

Property line [ 1 Answers ]

Our garage wall defines property line. Neighbor has planted invasive vine on our garage wall which is only accessible through their property. Is there a Civil Code I can quote which would disallow this foliage. We live in So. California.

View more questions Search