Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dacosta6 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 14, 2008, 09:33 PM
    What are the steps to registering in school in paris?
    I am an american/colombian citizen and I am currently living and going to school in orlando Florida, last year I lived in paris as an Au pair and it was the most amazing experience of my life, I can speak the language now and would like to move back and continue my studies there , can someone give me some advise as to where to start? I am interested in international studies and foreign languages is there anything equivalent to this in France? what is the best way to get a visa? And are there any organizations I can contact that can provide me with any information?
    Please if you feel you can help let me know I would GREATLY appreaciate it
    THANK YOU
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Jun 15, 2008, 09:03 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by dacosta6
    I am an american/colombian citizen and i am currently living and going to school in orlando florida, last year i lived in paris as an Au pair and it was the most amazing experience of my life, i can speak the language now and would like to move back and continue my studies there , can someone give me some advise as to where to start? i am interested in international studies and foreign languages is there anything equivalent to this in France? , what is the best way to get a visa? and are there any organizations i can contact that can provide me with any information?
    please if you feel you can help let me know i would GREATLY appreaciate it
    THANK YOU

If you know the area you would like to live, check out the universities available. When you find a program that will fit with what you want to do, you will need to apply (I would apply at several different universities to increase your odds of acceptance). You can't obtain a student visa, one of the easiest ways to live in another country, without first having an acceptance letter from a univerisity in that country to include with your visa application.
    An alternative would be to enroll in a US university, UCF or UF for example, and go through one of their study abroad programs. This can be an easier route sometimes, logistics and language wise especially, and many students will later continue their education on their own... a BA/BS through a US school for example, and then go back to the other country on a Master's program.
    jack32 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 1, 2010, 04:23 AM
    I'm 22 years old and I want to learn french lanq in paris is there any way you can helo me on it?
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Dec 1, 2010, 04:38 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jack32 View Post
    im 22 years old and i wanna learn french lanq in paris is ther any way u can helo me on it?

Where are you currently located Jack? Are you able to enroll in a college or university in your area that offers study abroad programs? That can be one way to do it. Some will offer immersion classes for languages where you spend a term or several weeks in another country. You could also check out some of the foreign exchange programs that are available for college aged students where you may stay a semester or year with a host family in France.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Registering for a new school [ 4 Answers ]

I'm moving out of my parents house in Naylor, Missouri and I'm moving to Deming, New Mexico. I'm only 17 so how do I register for school down there without my parents being with me?

How to go to school in Paris [ 6 Answers ]

I really want to live in Paris, France... And I'm an america. I would do anything to live there, and I was wondering as a possibily to get there and stay, how could I get into a French college, like the Sorbonne. Can you tell me how to get in, the equivalency of our grades levels to there's, our...

View more questions Search