Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    blushingiegiddy Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jun 14, 2008, 07:16 PM
    Problem with heat and rapid heart beat and getting out of breath
    When I am out in the sun and heat
    Like for example I went to my sons field day at school and after just walking down to the play ground area from my car
    In the sun and heat
    I'm out of breath and my face turns real red like flushed or burned and I cannot go. My heart rate also beats faster , I have had a ekg and a stress test, what could be wrong just normal inside the air condtion exercise is okay like doing sihes or something but no pysical activtys like walking or any thing in heat

Jun 14, 2008, 07:17 PM
    Hope someone can answer my question
    medivac Posts: 21, Reputation: 2

Jun 26, 2008, 10:24 AM
    Does dizziness come with this? Age? Medical history?
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Jun 26, 2008, 12:44 PM
    I might suggest seeing an allergist. You may have an outdoor allergy and/or asthma. Just a thought.

Jun 26, 2008, 01:15 PM
    Good thought keepitsimplestupid however an allergy would not cause tachycardia or weakness. Asthma would not just go away when indoors. A bronchodilator is needed to open the bronchioles which have spasmed closed or filled with mucous.

Jun 26, 2008, 03:24 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by medivac
    Does dizziness come with this? Age? Medical history?
    Yes I do sometimes have dizzness with his I am on bllod pressure med it has been staying under conrol soetimes it will get up to like 145 over 76 but bottom number tends to stay down, just going out with the dogs and walking in the yard alittel I'm exhauseted especailly if they go to get out of the yard and I have to go after them, yesterday I was in the sun with no activity just in the pool used sunblock and my face tends to get real hot and turn red in sun
    And last night I got scrared cause I got really dizzy and it would not go away I cekeced blood pressure and it was 140 over 70 I have had my suger checked and irion and thyroid
    Although I crave sweets all the time

Jun 26, 2008, 08:43 PM
    Well one thing that you need checked is your cholesterol and thyroid function. Mood swings and weight loss or gain along with fatigue feeling cold/hot can explain thyroid problems. Ask your family physician to do a workup of your thyroid function and check your hematocrit, hemoglobin, and recheck your iron for anemia.
    Uber Member

Jun 26, 2008, 08:53 PM
    An outdoor allergy can cause excessive mucus, but she should be able to tell that.

If you don't want to go to the doctor, pick up a peak flow meter such as this one: Shop online Personal Best Full Range Peak Flow Meter - 1 Ea at AmericaRx.com

That can asses the breathing.

Try taking the blood pressure med at dinner or bedtime. Which one is it? Laying out in the sun can dehydrate you and that will cause a drop in blood pressure. Just getting up, can increase the blood pressure. Fluid intake will generally increase blood pressure.

Check the side effects of the BP med. BP meds are best taken at bedtime. I prefer dinner time because of time to peak action.

Craving sweets all the time is a good indicator of diabetes. You should check if you have any of the other symptoms. You might have hypoglycemia (low blood sugar). The symptoms are here:
    Hypoglycemia (Low Blood Sugar) Causes, Symptoms, Diagnosis, and Treatment on eMedicineHealth.com and here: MedlinePlus - Search Results for: hypoglycemia

Hyperglycemia (high blood sugar) symptoms:
    MedlinePlus Medical Encyclopedia: Diabetic hyperglycemic hyperosmolar coma

Right now, I'm thinking possible BP medication side effect or your taking it at the wrong time, but I don't like the craving sweets which suggests diabetes.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jun 26, 2008, 08:55 PM
    KISS, beware of advising when to take BP meds. Some have diuretics in them, which, if taken in the afternoon or at bedtime, will cause noctural diuresis, leading to a long night of no sleep and a lot of urination.
    Uber Member

Jun 26, 2008, 09:03 PM
    Diuretics would not be nice to take at bedtime, however, there was a study done that suggested that BP meds were more effective taken at bedtime, but your right, a diuretic can be used to lower blood pressure and would result in an unpleasant night. I was thinking more along calcium channel blockers, beta blockers and meds such as Lisinopril.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jun 26, 2008, 09:14 PM
    The reason I mention this is that I take Lisinopril with HCTZ, which is a diuretic. About an hour after taking it, I am diuresing like crazy. So, many CCBs, BBs, etc, contain a diuretic in them.
    Uber Member

Jun 26, 2008, 09:24 PM
    Well, I take Lisinopril without the HCTZ and I much rather take it in the evening since it peaks in about 6 hours (I think) and therefore, it's ready to drop the BP for a more restfull sleep and it does.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Jun 29, 2008, 11:04 AM
    My mother had heart problems for many years and could not go outside in the heat or hot sun. She had to stay in the a/c house until later in the afternoon when the sun was lower in the sky, then she could take her daily walk.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Baby heart beat [ 5 Answers ]

When can they hear the baby's heart rate?? And I am having slight cramping but goes way after I use the bathroom what can this be?

Can't find baby's heart beat [ 2 Answers ]

Hello my name is brandy I found out I was pregnet jan 12 my boyfriend and I are very happy last night I started spoting browinish not a lot then it changed to red and kept changing back and forth I went to the dr at the er and they did 3 ultra sounds one internal and can not find the baby's...

Loss of breath, heart stopped for 20 secs. [ 4 Answers ]

I recently got into a pretty bad bicycle wreck and when I landed, my right arm rammed into my chest all the way across. While my arm was across my chest, I felt no heartbeat and I knew I had knocked the wind out of me. The whole time for both of these symptoms was 20 seconds, they both happened...

View more questions Search