Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sujuanleeva Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 14, 2008, 06:18 PM
    I want to giver temp. custody of my kids to my mother
    Hi, I want to give temporary custody of my kids to my mother till I can get back on my feet, but the problem is one of my kids father might contest it but he has to understand that my kids can not be separated. He can see his child on the weekends or for the summer but he has to understand that she must stay with my mother. What should I do? Please help me!
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Jun 14, 2008, 07:57 PM
    If the father is fit then why not let him have his child. It seems selfish on your part to give the child to someone else and not to him if he's asking to take her. Why would you deny him ? Maybe the other fathers should step up to the plate also. Have you asked them ?
    Cookie8411 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 31, 2011, 12:14 PM
    Don't do it! I did it thinking I was doing the right thing trying to get back on my feet and nope now it is just a hassle to get my kids back. It has only been 14 months I have started fighting since 10 months and everything they said it wouldn't be about turned out to be exactly what it was about the money. I know what you are saying about the father... My baby daddy is a piece! He wants to be around but on his terms hasn't seen her since she was about 1 years old doesn't pay child support but wants her... lol tattoos everywhere head ot toe, gangster friends, no job, lives with mama, 32 years old, in and out of prison... so no I would not give him the chance..

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Brother is unmarried and his kids mother want to take kids away [ 5 Answers ]

Can his live in girlfriend or EX now take away his kids from him if there in a stable environment and she is leaving my brother for another man in another city and a sex offender at that? My brother has them in his care as we speak can she go to his house and walk out of there with them. They are...

I want to give my mom temp. Custody for me to get on my feet. [ 1 Answers ]

Two weeks ago, I decided to move about an hour away to get a job and get a place to live for me and my son. His father agreed to temporarily take him for 3 months or so, so I could get an apartment. My mom originally wanted to keep him for me, but because he is his father, I thought that was best....

Information about temp. Custody? [ 4 Answers ]

I have temporary custody of my niece she is going on three months. I have had her since she was released from the hospital. Her parents (my sister and her husband)who have not helped me support her, everything she has I have bought for her. I was wondering if they could just come and get her when...

Signing over rights and temp. Custody [ 1 Answers ]

Okay now I have a little sister that is living with my father! He has dropped her off at a friends house where the parent is willing to take her in and live till she turns 18! Father will not sign paper stating this other adult can get medical attention if she needs it! How do I go about with no...

Emergency custody order due to the mother of my kids doing meth [ 1 Answers ]

I have 5 kids with my ex, we weren't married, she has full custody till I take it to family court. Can't afford a lawyer right now. Their mother is doing meth, I have police reports stating this, and one states that the children were there when their mother came home high on meth, she beat up her...

View more questions Search