White, Yellow, Blue, Brown, Red, Green
    My Hunter 44260 has inputs for
    G,RC,RH,Y/O,W/B,Y1
    I'm not sure how to wire this?
    I have a air conditioner and gas heater not sure what else

Please help
    westnlas Posts: 322, Reputation: 25

Jun 14, 2008, 06:34 PM
    The one I installed yesterday the green wire went to the G terminal. It.s the fan
    The white wire went to the C or common terminal
    They Red wire went to the RH (heat) terminal
    The Yellow wire went to the Y terminal.
    The blue and brown wires were unused.
    At my heater control panel the yellow and red wires are spliced together so the condenser bypasses the heat control panel. My unit was installed when the house was built in 1994 and I am quite confident that the wiring is standard. That is the way I replaced the first t-stat years ago and had no problems. Good luck with it.
    wmproop Posts: 3,749, Reputation: 91
    Ultra Member

Jun 14, 2008, 06:59 PM
    Best thing to do is take the hunter back where you got it before you try to install,, it probably won`t work anyway,, they are junk ,get you a honeywell tstat for a heatpump,if that's what you have,it will have great instructions as how to install

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Luxpro thermostat to hunter 44260 [ 4 Answers ]

OK I have looked everywhere and crossed reference as many charts as I can but I still can not seem to find a definite wiring diagram for this. My old Luxpro wiring goes like this and it makes sense. RED WIRE connected to R GREEN WIRE connected to G ORANGE WIRE connected to O WHITE WIRE...

Replacing a Nordyne Thermostat for a Hunter 44260 Wiring! [ 4 Answers ]

I'm having issues, I want to replace my old thermostat for this digital one however, I'm not sure on the wiring. On the Nordyn I had, Y G R O

Changing 51M32 to Hunter 44260 [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I used HUnter 44260 whole winter to find out my heating bill went high to 368$ and Electric bill to 100$. And found out it was kicking on my cooling system also... Anyways... My Current Lennox 51M32 is working on the following connections... Terminal Description R 24VAC...

Replacing an old Honeywell Thermostat with a Hunter Model 44260 to a York Heat Pump [ 0 Answers ]

I have an older Honeywell thermostat with wiring G(green) W(white) R(red) X(blue) B(black) O(orange) & Y(yellow). My new programmable thermostat Hunter 44260 has G R/C R/H Y/O W/B & Y1. Which wires go where on the new 44260 thermostat? The manual is not easy to understand. Thanks! D

View more questions Search