Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Stephen100 Posts: 32, Reputation: 1

Jun 14, 2008, 03:36 PM
    Studying tornadoes
    I want to study torandoes. Anybody do that;) around here?
    firmbeliever Posts: 2,919, Reputation: 463
    Ultra Member

Jun 14, 2008, 03:40 PM
    Career Meteorologist

I don't study tornadoes but I have watched a few shows of tornado/storm chasers.They do seem to be doing a risky but fascinating work in order to study tornadoes/storms.

If you don't mind answering...
    Are you studying at the moment?If you are, is it related to your interest in tornadoes?
    firmbeliever Posts: 2,919, Reputation: 463
    Ultra Member

Jul 5, 2008, 11:51 AM
    I found some more links which could be useful to your search.

Hurricanes
    http://www.stormtrack.org/library/1982/pampa2.htm

vingogly Posts: 718, Reputation: 105

Jul 13, 2008, 11:11 AM
    I was a grad student in environmental sciences back in the mid-70s. You need either a master's degree (MS) or a doctorate (PhD) to do this kind of work. Most positions in the United States will be either with universities (typically physics or environmental science departments), or a government agency like NASA or NOAA. The best jobs will go to those with a PhD. If you're not in the USA, things may be somewhat different.

It's a very mathematical field. I'd suggest a college major in physics with a solid background in mathematics and computer science would be excellent preparation for the graduate work. With an MS degree (two years beyond the undergrad degree), you will be able to find employment as a researcher, but not with a BA or BS degree.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Students that are studying to become a Lpn or RN [ 6 Answers ]

Do you guys practice on each other for drawing blood?

Studying in US [ 3 Answers ]

Dear Frenz, If anyone can quench my thirst of knowledge about how to pursue education in US with financial aid and education support.How can I get teaching Assistantship for pursuing PhD in structural dynamics in civil engg.pls guide me Thanks in advance, Regards

Tornadoes [ 2 Answers ]

Wha keeps these things going?

View more questions Search