Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    eneith Posts: 25, Reputation: 1

Jun 17, 2008, 11:33 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by seahwk83
    well, it should work with either d: or e:

don't know on this one, it is not seeing the disk in your drive, I take it other cd don't have a problem with being read in the drives? If other disks can be read, it would have to be something with the cd. Do you have access to another computer, see if another pc can read or detect the disc
    So I can just put the disk into drive E and it should work? My other games that I have work but if I started the game by going to My Computer and clicking on the drive that it is in it says please insert disk into drive and it is in there but if I just click on the desktop icon that the game is on the game plays so I just need to get the sims game installed and then I can just click on the desktop icon that it is located in. I do not have another computer to install it on. For manually installing a game if the autoplay screen does not pop up how do I do that from drive E?
    JBeaucaire Posts: 5,426, Reputation: 997
    Software Expert

Jun 17, 2008, 11:51 AM
    Ok, The SIMS disk is a DVD or a CD?

Lastly, does the disk play/install properly in another computer? We want to make sure the disk isn't faulty. Maybe a swap at the store for another disk might solve this.
    seahwk83 Posts: 3,276, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

Jun 17, 2008, 02:01 PM
    Well, it should work in the dvd rom drive, not the cd-rw - but exchanging it may be the next thing
    eneith Posts: 25, Reputation: 1

Jun 17, 2008, 02:06 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by JBeaucaire
    Ok, The SIMS disk is a DVD or a CD?

Lastly, does the disk play/install properly in another computer? We want to make sure the disk isn't faulty. Maybe a swap at the store for another disk might solve this.
    It is a cd but it is a PC, DVD edition which comes with the game and then it has a DVD with bonus fetures
    irontree Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 5, 2008, 07:03 AM
    I have a toshiba satellite a75 with a cd/dvd combo reader/burner. It suddenly doesn't recognize that there is a in the drive. I get message "please insert a disc in the drive" after I've inserted the disk
    sims2nut-job Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 30, 2008, 11:39 PM

Try bring it back 2 where u got it... this happened to me2 and it works on 1 of my computers but not the other.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Please insert a disk into drive D: [ 4 Answers ]

Why do I keep getting 'Please insert a disk into drive D' when I've inserted the disk already and try to open my it? Will I ever be able to view the contents ever again?:mad:

Please insert disk into drive A [ 7 Answers ]

I took my computer apart and put it back together since I installed a cd burner. However I'm having issues with my floppy. At first the light was staying on because I had the cable reversed. I changed the cable and made sure pin1 was aligned with the red stripe. Win2k sees the floppy drive but...

To insert disk into the drive [ 3 Answers ]

I have a new 1G sony VAIO pen drive. When I click on "my computer" and see that there is a "removable disk" folder (e.g. the pen drive has been drive). But when I click on the removable drive, I was asked "Please insert a disk to the drive". I cannot format the removable either. Please...

Please insert a disk into Drive D [ 4 Answers ]

My DVD+-R/RW drives do not recognize any Disks. I have tried these drives in anoher computer and They work fine. I keep getting the "Please insert a disk into drive D:," error when I use them in this Computer. I have already tried using differnet disks. Last time I remember burning a DVD...

Please insert disk into drive A [ 4 Answers ]

I took my computer apart and put it back together since I installed a cd burner. However I'm having issues with my floppy. At first the light was staying on because I had the cable reversed. I changed the cable and made sure pin1 was aligned with the red stripe. Win2k sees the floppy drive but...

View more questions Search