Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Choux Posts: 3,047, Reputation: 376
    Ultra Member

Jun 17, 2008, 02:42 PM
    NK that was the best edited clip I have ever seen... a young Bill O having a wild tantrum, his nostrils flaring and all huffing and puffing.

I never tire of seeing Olberman run parts of it. :D:D
    Ultra Member

Jun 17, 2008, 02:44 PM
    Tom, I'm watching Chris now. :)
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Jun 18, 2008, 04:24 AM
    Newsmax.com - Chris Matthews Tops Russert Replacement List
    Ultra Member

Jun 18, 2008, 11:49 AM
    Thanks so much for the link, Tom... we got it right(so far).

I'm going to Tim's Memorial Service in a couple of hours via TV.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jun 18, 2008, 12:19 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55
    Chris Matthews Tops Russert Replacement List
    Hello again, tom:

I sure hope not. When he's doing an interview, the only person he likes to hear from is himself.

excon
    George_1950 Posts: 3,099, Reputation: 236
    Ultra Member

Jun 18, 2008, 04:14 PM
    Well, let's look at the bright side: when Matthews is through with Meet The Press, ratings will be so low that it is off the air! More re-runs!
    inthebox Posts: 787, Reputation: 179

Jun 18, 2008, 09:24 PM
    Russert Took Media Bias Seriously - WSJ.com

"That, to me, is totally contrary to who we're supposed to be as journalists. . . . If someone suggested there was an anti-black bias, an anti-gay bias, an anti-American bias, we'd sit up and say, 'Let's talk about this, let's tackle it.' Well, if there's a liberal bias or a cultural bias we have to sit up and tackle it and discuss it. We have got to be open to these things."...

"But what about those who say journalists shouldn't wear red, white and blue ribbons, that by doing that somehow you're taking the government's side in some debate or another," I asked him.

"It is imperative," he told me, "that we never suggest that there's a moral equivalency between the United States of America and the terrorists. Period. I'll believe that until the day I die."

Which was way too soon.

Ultra Member

Jun 18, 2008, 09:37 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by inthebox
    Thanks for the wonderful piece by Bernard Goldberg in the WSJ; and where is it we find him most often on TV? It ain't Chris Matthews, I'll bet; I see him often on O'Reilly. At least, Russert was willing to look at the mess liberals have made of journalism. O'Reilly does, too; don't ever expect that from Matthews.

Jun 18, 2008, 09:46 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Choux
    Bill O?? he is a blowhard, screamer, and a bully who shouts and overtalks guests... he is strictly entertainment, no class, no morality, no integrity... and his ratings are going down. His audience average age is around 60... screaming BS for timid seniors who like to hate minorities.

BWAH HA HA
    Choux, you make it too easy :D

Fox News Channel Leads in 2007 Cable News Ratings - 1/4/2008 5:11:00 PM - Broadcasting & Cable

For the year in primetime, FOX NEWS was the No. 6-ranked cable channel behind USA Network, TNT, ESPN, TBS and Lifetime Television. That’s two notches higher than its ranking last year. CNN, its closest news competitor, was No. 26, down one.

Fox News was down 1% in total viewers in total day and 3% in the 25-54 demographic, but it still boasted most of the top-rated shows on cable news led by THE O'REILLY FACTOR, WHICH HAS BEEN NO.1 IN ITS 8 PM SLOT FOR 85 CONSECUTIVE MONTHS.

Jun 18, 2008, 09:49 PM
    In contrast

McClatchy to cut work force by 10 percent - Yahoo! News

Mcclatchy, is down. In my home city the are running a series on the "torture" at Gitmo

- no wonder they are doing poorly.
    Ultra Member

Jun 18, 2008, 09:54 PM
    You on a roll, inthebox!
    Ultra Member

Jun 20, 2008, 04:12 AM
    This is getting interesting in a soap opera sort of way

MSNBC ANCHORS CHRIS MATTHEWS AND KEITH OLBERMAN VIE FOR TIM RUSSERT'S MEET THE PRESS JOB- New York Post
    Ultra Member

Jun 23, 2008, 07:02 AM
    Tom Brokaw has been named to replace Russert at least throughout the election cycle.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Seeing The Dead [ 35 Answers ]

Hi , I'm 15 , recently been very ill for 4 weeks with bad headaches , since I've been ill I've started seeing people , weird strange people , lately I've noticed these people are dead since I saw my uncle who passed away a year ago , This also happened when I was about 7 , my parents thought I...

They Want You Dead [ 2 Answers ]

I was given a DVD of the film/documentary by Alex Jones called, "ENDGAME." What a history of the Bilderberg Group - I knew they existed but never knew the exact name. Any thoughts? Truth or fiction (concerning this group)? Agenda of this group? If the film is correct... what do you see...

Need definitions for dead against /dead mens shoes/ dead marines [ 2 Answers ]

I need help with the definitions of dead against /dead mens shoes/ dead marines for socioloy class . Please help

Seeing dead? [ 5 Answers ]

Hiya all, I'm quite new to this, I'm going through a pretty hard time at the moment, one of my Aunty's son's died at the weekend, I'm pretty close to her. I went to see her and behind her, at a glance, I saw this man standing behind her with his hand on her shoulder. When I got home I mentioned...

View more questions Search