Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sweetheart89 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 14, 2008, 12:22 PM
    16 underage have a baby and wanting to get married
    I am 16 and have a two month old son and the father is overage and my gardean will not let us get married even thow I have been out of her house and staying with the baby's father for over a year what should I do?! :confused:
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 14, 2008, 12:29 PM
    Well to be honest perhaps be glad they did not have the father arrested when you started having sex with him underage. ( lived with him over a year, you are 16 so you were 15 when you started living with him>

At the time, when you went to be with him they should have called the police reported you as a run away if you did, and have the man arrested.

But now, I don't know why they won't let you marry, If they won't, you just wait till you can.
    keely123 Posts: 22, Reputation: 2

Jun 14, 2008, 03:02 PM
    If you are really considering the whole marriage thing at 16 and you think it's forever even though you have a 2 month old together sometimes it isn't. Then you could check in to emancipation. It is like divorcing you gardian but this would mean you are on your own. Like I said if everything else is set in stone then consider if not then don't.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Wanting a baby [ 5 Answers ]

Well, I guess this is kind of me being stupid but I'll ask it anyway. I'm 22. I have been married for just over a year to a wonderful man! Greatest man alive (besides my daddy and my grandpa) in my opinion. Anyway, I want to have a baby. I know that we are not financially stable so now is not the...

Wanting to have another baby [ 3 Answers ]

Hi I was hopeing that someone can help me out my bestfriends have been trying to have another baby for about 4 years now my friend don't get her period unless she takes birthcontrol pill. Could this be the reason why?? I'm all out of advice for them please help

Wanting a baby [ 1 Answers ]

I was on depo for 3 years and had an irregular period. My last shot was this past June I am no longer taking the shot. I am still having an irregular period; does this mean I can pregnant sooner? If not is it a good idea for Ovulex? HELP I am confused!!

Underage marriage with a baby [ 7 Answers ]

Do my parents HAVE to let me get married if I am about to have a child.

17 and wanting a baby [ 8 Answers ]

Hi I'm seventeen and turn 18 in august-wanting to be pregnant, I have been trying for nearly 8 months now with my partner- and I know I really want this. After eight months of unprotected sex , makes me wonder why I can't get preganant. I'm really worried I will never be able to have a child of my...

View more questions Search