Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    this8384 Posts: 4,564, Reputation: 485
    Ultra Member

Apr 16, 2009, 09:44 AM

Judy, you copycat ;)

Also, I'd like to know how your ex "tried" to bash you for not being in your other child's life... doesn't seem like a very hard thing to do. Does this fall into the same category as "believing" you were denied visitation?

I have about 20 comments I could make right now, but I'm going to refrain because I like not being banned :)
    msir Posts: 78, Reputation: -2

Apr 16, 2009, 09:55 AM

My other child's mother would not let me see the child, but filed for state assistance and now I'm over 30k in back support. I tried to fight that but gave up. My ex didn't bash me. She told me she found out "the truth" and called me a deadbeat. I am not sure what she measn about the truth, but I did try to see my child. In any case, it has no weight on what's going on with my younger child. She tried to bring it up at trial and that's how she found out about the back child support. She said to the judge I lied to her the entire time about my other child but I didn't know what she was talking about. I am still working on issues with the other child but she's in another state and its expensive to do.
    Ultra Member

Apr 16, 2009, 09:59 AM

No, trying to see your child would mean you went to court and fought for visitation. You apparently didn't do that. If you had gotten a visitation order and the mother ignored it, it was your job to file for contempt. It's no one's fault but your own.

Your whole story is very tiring. Everyone else is wrong, you're always the victim... I feel bad for your kids.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Apr 16, 2009, 10:27 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by msir View Post
    My other childs mother would not let me see the child, but filed for state assistance and now I'm over 30k in back support. I tried to fight that but gave up. My ex didnt bash me. She told me she found out "the truth" and called me a deadbeat. I am not sure what she measn about the truth, but I did try to see my child. In any case, it has no weight on whats going on with my younger child. She tried to bring it up at trial and thats how she found out about teh back child support. She said to the judge i lied to her the entire time about my other child but I didnt know what she was talking about. I am still working on issues with the other child but shes in another state and its expensive to do.

Maybe this doesn't matter to you but "abandonment" of child #1 is going to matter to the Court.

Gee, the mother of the child you never supported called you a deadbeat? Go figure.
    Ultra Member

Apr 16, 2009, 11:03 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by JudyKayTee View Post
    Maybe this doesn't matter to you but "abandonment" of child #1 is going to matter to the Court.

Gee, the mother of the child you never supported called you a deadbeat? Go figure.
    No, she "tried" to call him a deadbeat... perhaps she has stutter? :D

Apr 16, 2009, 11:41 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by JudyKayTee View Post

Just to clear things up, No, the mother of child #2 called me a deadbeat when she found out about the back CS for child #1. I told her I was paying. I stopped when she changed jurisdiction and moved to another state and filed for state assistance because the home state said they no longer had jurisdiction. So I had no where to pay. Then I get the notice in the mail. Anyhow, this was all heard in the first trial. I don't think it will matter.
    Ultra Member

Apr 16, 2009, 11:46 AM

Sooo... there was a custodial agreement in place for the first child, you were paying support, she moved without telling you and you did nothing? You don't think it will matter that you have no contact with your first child, but think you're "the better parent" to the second child? What planet are you on??

Again, you seem to think you get to make the rules in the courthouse. Wrong, wrong and wrong. Your ideas about life and children are very crooked and I'm sorry that these women have to go through this with you.
    Uber Member

Apr 16, 2009, 02:33 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by this8384 View Post
    No, she "tried" to call him a deadbeat....perhaps she has stutter? :D

Maybe that's her belief - like in, "I believe she is withholding the child."
    Ultra Member

Apr 16, 2009, 02:47 PM

Well, I believe that what I'm trying to say is that the OP doesn't have a snowball's chance in Hell of getting his kid...

I think.
    Uber Member

Apr 16, 2009, 08:20 PM
    Well, I believe that what I'm trying to say is that the OP doesn't have a snowball's chance in Hell of getting his kid....

I think.

And I believe that this thread will go on and on and on and eventually only you and I will be left standing, "talking" to each other.

I believe I'll have another glass of wine and go to bed.

Apr 17, 2009, 08:10 AM
    Well, I believe that what I'm trying to say is that the OP doesn't have a snowball's chance in Hell of getting his kid....

I think.
    Well, I was told that I can eventually get 50/50 time and the mother would have to pay me child support because she makes more than me
    Ultra Member

Apr 17, 2009, 08:20 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by msir View Post
    Well, I was told that I can eventually get 50/50 time and the mother would have to pay me child support because she makes more than me
    And who told you this? Is it the infamous "lawyer" that you have posted about before?

Do you have a steady job? How long have you lived at your current residence? Do you have a criminal record? I'm only asking because the court takes these things into consideration.

And once again, your true colors are showing. You almost had a good thing going until you went and posted, "..the mother would have to pay me child support." Absolutely devastating for that poor child.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Apr 17, 2009, 08:36 AM

Support is paid to the PRIMARY custodial parent. If there is not primary (like in a 50/50) then neither pays support.
    Ultra Member

Apr 17, 2009, 08:38 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottGem View Post
    Support is paid to the PRIMARY custodial parent. If there is not primary (like in a 50/50) then neither pays support.
    You never know, Scott. Apparently it's his "belief" that he'd get support, just like his "belief" he was denied visitation, his "belief" that he's the better parent... I could go on, but I won't.

Apr 20, 2009, 07:28 AM
    And who told you this? Is it the infamous "lawyer" that you have posted about before?

Do you have a steady job? How long have you lived at your current residence? Do you have a criminal record? I'm only asking because the court takes these things into consideration.

And once again, your true colors are showing. You almost had a good thing going until you went and posted, "..the mother would have to pay me child support." Absolutely devastating for that poor child.
    I have no criminal record I am good guy, former military, divorced once. I excercisse my visitation to the fullest, except when I am late and the mother refuses to wait. That leads me t another question. I have been late several times due to congestion. I tried to ask the judge to let us meet half way, but he ordered the pickup spot to be near the mothers hous. Since we are going back to caourt also to address mothers motion for modification of visitation, can I ask she meet me half way?

Also, mom and I got into it and she said I didn't fully comply with the compel motin cause I didn't give my disability income, and I didn't give other information, such as my account of what happened on the dates in question. I also didn't give bank statements, work history, a lot of irrelevant stuff. I only gave them some information under production of documents. I didn't answer any of the interrogetories, although some of the answers, such as my salary, is shown on the paystub. Can a judge hold that against me and still make me pay for ex fees.

You never know, Scott. Apparently it's his "belief" that he'd get support, just like his "belief" he was denied visitation, his "belief" that he's the better parent....I could go on, but I won't.
    My states CS is based on income share. Mom makes a about 25 k more than me. In a shared custody situation, where I have over 130 nights a year, she would have to pay me child support, even if she is deemed the primary "residential parent"

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Custody battle for the mother [ 5 Answers ]

I have a friend who got pregnant almost 4 years ago. The father and her did not get along and so were not together when the baby was born. The father's name was never put on the birth certificate. The father did pay child support. The father stayed out of the child's life for about 2 years...

Custody for unwed mother in California? [ 9 Answers ]

Hello - My ex and I split up 3 months ago and he hasn't made any attempts to see our 2 year old daughter. Nor has he supported her financially at all. The few times I've asked for help he's told me to go to child support if I want help. He has no car, no license because of 2 DUI's - it will take...

Full Custody To Mother [ 4 Answers ]

What rights do I have as a full parent to my son? If the father of my son wants to take him to another state to spend time with him what do I do to prevent that from happening because I want to have monitored visits and since we live in different states, how do I prevent my sons father from taking...

Irresponsible Mother: Any Of This Look Like I Can Get More Custody? [ 16 Answers ]

I live in California... I was married for 4 years. During that time, my wife and I had two children (they're now 2 and 4 years old). I filed for divorce from her right at our 4 year anniversary and the divorce was final 6 months later. We agreed on joint legal custody and that she would have...

Arranging Sole Custody for a Mother [ 2 Answers ]

If a mother is fearful of her son's father (who is on parole in another state for first degree murder and arson), how can she gain sole custody in Virginia without exposing herself to his potential harm of her?

View more questions Search