Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    BrendaJo Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 14, 2008, 10:23 AM
    Second mortgage
    I just refinanced my 1st mortgage and the first mortgage is in my name only, not my husbands. The second mortgage is my name and my husband name. At the moment we are behind on payments on the 2nd maritage. Can they foreclose on the 2nd mortgage?
    They same mortgage company has both mortgages but different account numbers. My husband and I are not divorced but legally separated.
    George_1950 Posts: 3,099, Reputation: 236
    Ultra Member

Jun 14, 2008, 11:53 AM
    Welcome to AMHD. The lender could foreclose on the second, though it is not likely unless the property is worth more than the balance owed on both notes. I have no experience with management of a mortgage lender but they may not be able to carry a first mortgage when it is in default because of the regulations they must work under. What I have seen is that foreclosure follows soon after arrears of three months as to a first mortgage.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Mortgage in kids name [ 1 Answers ]

My brother is going through a breakup, he has two children and a mortgage with his partner. He wants to sell the house and she wants to keep it. Can she transfer the mortgate into the kids name, so that she can keep the house?

Add name to mortgage [ 2 Answers ]

How do you get the bank to add my wife to the mortgage. In case something happen to me it won't go to court.

Mortgage loan [ 2 Answers ]

Is it possible to get a loan when you are 3 months behind on your mortgage?

How to add my boyfriend when I have a mortgage [ 2 Answers ]

My health is not good, I want to put my boyfriends name on the title to my house so that there will not be any problems if something happens to me. I don't have much money as far as getting a real estate attorney. My boyfriends credit isn't good at the moment, so I don't know if he would be able to...

How to get a mortgage [ 2 Answers ]

How to get an mortgage with a 530 credit score. We have very good income.

View more questions Search