Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kellyjo Posts: 14, Reputation: 2

Jun 14, 2008, 09:52 AM
    Groundcover around my soft side pool
    About four years ago we purchased a doughboy oasis pool. This pool has no outside metal walls it looks like a liner on a giant frame. It is made to install on the ground without sand like your standard aboveground pool. It is not the take down type, you leave it up just like a regular aboveground pool. The problem was that we had to level the ground so we put foam dry board and the tarp that we got with it, this sticks out about a foot and a half from the edge of the pool about as wide as the frame legs, which come out in a angle from the top frame. Over time this is looking very crappy, the tarp is tearing and the foam board is cracked, weeds grow in the cracks. What I would like to do is some sort of fill in this area but am concerned that it will get under the pool. We have thought about building some sort of frame around the bottom edge to prevent that, but are not sure how or what produce we should use to fill the space. I have spent many hours and years landscaping my yard and this is a issue I really need to fix.:confused:
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Jun 15, 2008, 08:13 AM
    I would get a truck load of high quality double ground mulch and fill in up againist the pool liner. The mulch will cover the crappy look of the foam and also keep the weeds down a bit. A periodic shot of Roundup will keep the weeds from being a propblem.
    kellyjo Posts: 14, Reputation: 2

Jun 20, 2008, 07:10 PM
    Thanks where would I by double ground mulch, never heard of it and I am assuming that it doesn't have the big chunks of sticks like regular mulch? I will let you know if we go that route and if it works.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What is the difference of chemistry in diet soft drink and regular soft drinks [ 1 Answers ]

We have to make a vidoe of this for school and we are stuck. What is the difference of chemistry in diet soft drink and regular soft drinks?

Removing groundcover [ 1 Answers ]

How do you remove Vinca groundcover? Pulling it out by it's roots is rather tedious and I worry it may grow back. There's got to be an easier way, chemicals maybe? But I'm not sure which ones to use.

View more questions Search