Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sunstateshirley Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Jun 14, 2008, 04:37 AM
    Calculating file size
    I just signed up for Embarq as my ISP. I am told they provide a wonderful internet security program (all inclusive) however, I do not have enough RAM to avail myself of their security program. They recommended a number of other programs. The anti-virus I thought I would download is called AVG. The file size is 47607 KB. I am not sure if I am calculating it correctly. Does that mean it is somewhere in the neighborhood of 46 MB? I am also thinking about downloading SPYBOT SEARCH & DESTROY for spyware protection (file size 9495 KB) As you can see I am a real novice and don't really know what I am doing. All I know is I used to have Trend Micro Internet Security but had a problem trying to renew my subscription, so I gave up on that program. Can you be of assistance please?
    I only have 387 MB of RAM.
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Jun 14, 2008, 04:48 AM
    File size has NOTHING to do with the amount of RAM you have.
    RAM is temporary storage for running programs and NOT take up by downloads.

Downloads and other files are stored on your hard drive which typically has size measured in 100's of GIGabytes.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to save JPEG into smaller size of file... [ 1 Answers ]

Im using Corel and Adobe... I want to know how to export my work into a smaller size of JPEG file... cause I enccounter this when Im to upload a photo in a site... but it asking me to upload only 110 x 110 pixels and 15k... so I edit my 2 x 2 photo (300 DPI) using photoshop I try to reduce the...

What is the single file spool size for windows xp [ 2 Answers ]

Hi all This is the problem. We are using windows xp and we are running Unisys EOM as a service on that system. We have been having trouble spooling a job that is about 2 gigs+ the printer is a hp lj 9040 using a 9040 driver and a hp print processor and also cannon ir9050. The job will spool to...

Reduce shared file size [ 6 Answers ]

Hi, I have a excel file which is shared and used by around 10 people who update in respective rows and columns assigned to them or in individual spreadsheets. The file size is has increased to more than 50 MB and its take time to save and update. Is there a way to reduce the same? ...

To find size of a file [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I need a help in C++ programming In program - I want to make empty a log file depending upon its size(eg 10Mb)

View more questions Search