Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pulses Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jun 14, 2008, 01:00 AM
    Need to sell 3500 posters within two months-any idea?
    Hi. I have never been in a position to sell or market something. Now I am in a position that I have to sell 3500 posters within two months, to make a certain amount of income I will need by the time. I have tried an online advertising agency, but I wonder if it will bring enough customers. Any idea, either for selling online, by phone or direct sale?
    Thank you very much.
    Fred :cool:
    danielnoahsmommy Posts: 2,506, Reputation: 297
    Ultra Member

Jun 14, 2008, 02:52 AM
    Have an auction on eBay and get rid of them all at one time
    gracie412 Posts: 7, Reputation: 2

Jun 24, 2008, 12:32 AM
    Your marketing plan will depend on the posters.
    What are they?
    Who will they appeal to?
    Who will they have value to?

Can you act as a wholesaler and sell them to stores?
    Are they all different or are they all the same image?
    ISneezeFunny Posts: 4,175, Reputation: 821
    Ultra Member

Jun 24, 2008, 12:34 AM
    Describe the posters, then answer gracie412's post.

Jun 27, 2008, 11:05 PM
    Re: ISneezeFunny and gracie412
    The posters are photographs with artistic values, mostly black and white in different sizes. They will appeal and will be vallued by people with the insight into this type of photography. Other people, however, may find many of them beautiful and may like them. They cover a wide range of photographs, some 700 different photos, some 65% in black and white.
    It is possible to act as a wholesaler and sell them to other stores. I am designing a website for the posters so I can sell them to end users and/or stores and galleries.
    Ultra Member

Jun 28, 2008, 12:39 AM
    I'd hate to be a downer to you, but as far as the poster industry, allposters.com has the industry down pat. However, I'm not saying it's impossible, it's just that big corporations kill us little guys. A good idea is that it wouldn't be a bad idea to hold tables at a local college during their move in week... I know allposters.com comes to my school and makes a killing on these $30 posters.

Jun 28, 2008, 03:43 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ISneezeFunny
    I'd hate to be a downer to you, but as far as the poster industry, allposters.com has the industry down pat. However, I'm not saying it's impossible, it's just that big corporations kill us little guys. A good idea is that it wouldn't be a bad idea to hold tables at a local college during their move in week...I know allposters.com comes to my school and makes a killing on these $30 posters.
    Thank you for the reply. Something that I have totally forgotten about to tell, is that I come from some part of the world that AllPostesr or eBay or many other websites do NOT offer services. I am from Iran. That means there is the payment (online and traditional) payment system dedicated to this country and that allposters ans such bigger guys do not (or can not) extend their services, because less that 2% of people own internationally acceptable credit cards. Payments are made here using the ATMs of the national banks.
    Ultra Member

Jun 28, 2008, 07:20 AM
    Ah, well, then in that case, best wishes.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Rerouting pipes in 12 unit condo building? Good idea or bad idea [ 2 Answers ]

Is it a good idea to reroute pipes for a 12 unit building rather then take the chance of digging up concrete parking lot and plumber not finding where break in clay pipe is? If there is a break in the pipe at all how can you put a liner in if you can't see?? I personally think the plumber is lying...

Need to find 2 rare posters [ 3 Answers ]

I am trying to find 2 rare street fighter posters... Ok you I'm a geek. I have 4 pictures. The first 2 seem to go together because they seem to have the same texture, and it seems to be the texture of a wall scroll Pic1A Pic2A And this second one... well I'm not sure... Limited edition foil...

View more questions Search